[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the "Class III license" myth so ubiquitous?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: nhrepresent.jpg (126 KB, 1024x643) Image search: [Google]
nhrepresent.jpg
126 KB, 1024x643
Why is the "Class III license" myth so ubiquitous? There is no such thing as a 'class III license', but almost everybody thinks there is.
>>
>>28015488
Because 3 is a magic number. Also all these NFA dealers advertising as "omg class III dealer I need ur machineguns now!!!" don't help.
>>
>>28015488
but Gunsmith Cats wouldn't lie!
>>
>>28015488
Fuddlore is still alive and well when it comes to basic and well established knowledge like caliber effectiveness. Now start talking about a relatively rare category of weapons, and people know even less about it.
>>
>>28015488
>There is no such thing as a 'class III license'
Its called a Class 3 SOT you retard, and because the government can decide who can and can not pay the tax, it is in effect a license. Now please kill yourself.
>>
>>28019666
He's referring to people who think you need to have a "Class III license" to personally own things like machine guns and suppressors, you retard.
>>
>>28019735
>He's referring to people who think you need to have a "Class III license"
Except he isn't, actually bother to read OP's post and then stay buttblasted.
>>
>>28019757
His post is actually too vague to ascertain exactly what he means, but he does say the word "myth". I can't even begin to count the number of people who have spouted something along the lines of getting a "class III license" so they can buy machine guns and the like. When I was a newgunz, even I thought that a "class III license" was required to own NFA stuff.

OP, clarify what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>28015488
I've heard it as license, dealer, and as "sought". Really you're just an autistic retard and this thread is shit.
>>
>>28019767
>His post is actually too vague to ascertain exactly what he means
Except it isnt. He thinks Class 3 Licenses dont exist, when they do. If he wanted to be a non-retarded autist and posted the properly bait, he would have said Class 3 Weapons when they're really Title 2 Weapons, but he didnt.
>>
>>28019803
Again, I don't think he's actually talking about a Class 3 FFL. I think he's talking about requiring a Class 3 license to own Title 2 weapons which is a huge myth that has spread far and wide. He needs to clarify what he's talking about: the common myth that a class 3 FFL is required for title 2 weapons ownership, or the fact that class 3 FFLs exists.
>>
File: 1445635438570.jpg (45 KB, 433x591) Image search: [Google]
1445635438570.jpg
45 KB, 433x591
So is buying a pre may 86 machine gun as easy as buying a supressor or an SBR?
Genuinely intersted here
>>
>>28019829
essentially yes
>>
>>28019829
Indeed it is. The only difference is going to be how much they cost.
>>
>>28015488
Thats at Shooters Out Post in New Hampshire
>>
File: 1422450411372.png (370 KB, 506x755) Image search: [Google]
1422450411372.png
370 KB, 506x755
>>28019829

>that feel when you live in california and cant wear those gloves because youd look like a hipster fag
>>
>>28019803
There is no such thing as a class 3 license.
TO sell you are simply whatever type FFL and then one of the three SOTs.
>>
>>28019826
>or the fact that class 3 FFLs exists.
They do, they're called C&R FFLs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License#Types_of_Federal_Firearms_Licenses
>>
>>28019931
>TO sell you are simply whatever type FFL and then one of the three SOTs.
again no, you cant get any SOT if you're a type 3 FFL for instance. for fucks sakes read the wiki article I linked above and stop saying retarded shit.
>>
File: skorpion21.jpg (2 MB, 3072x1684) Image search: [Google]
skorpion21.jpg
2 MB, 3072x1684
>>28019867
>>28019869

>be me
>form trust
>E-file the ATF with my trust and machine gun make/model
>wait for approval of transfer
>buy machine gun
>enjoy

So something like that?
>>
>>28015488

>Live in commiefornia
>local moron decides to get his FFL
>going to do it out of his house
>no inventory
>sells his shit reloads at a higher price than Walmart

Best part.

>has been telling everyone her has a class 3 and can get them legal suppressors
>in commiefornia

I hate his nigger ass so I'm excited. One moron he has been fleecing keeps bragging to me he is getting a silencer. Can't wait for of the two of them to puts themselves when they finally wale up to reality
>>
>>28019944
yes.

State law may require more bullshit or prevent you from doing this at all though, depending on where you live.
>>
>>28019942
Did I say that all FFLs could sell? I said whatever, as in whatever FFL is required for selling title 2 firearms. I'm not going to bother trying to list them.
Stop reading things I didn't write.
>>
>>28019942
Different anon than the one you replied to. I think that was OP. I'm the one who thought OP meant the myth that a Class 3 license was required to own. Apparently he actually is just stupid based on >>28019931 and I misunderstood his post.

OP, listen to >>28019942 and stop being stupid. I put my anonymous neck out for you but you continue to act stupid. Just stop.
>>
>>28015488
It's cause it states like mine all NFA items are banned but of course FFL holders are exempted.
>>
>>28020001
>NFA items are banned

The only item de facto banned are machine guns.Outside of federal law, certain states ban certain items. But there's no complete blanket ban on NFA stuff except machine guns.
>>
its a ploy the media uses to make machine guns seem like they are unobtanium
its actually really easy to buy a machine gun,
form a trust
send it da paperwork
waiting is the hardest part
and soon, you too can become a machine gun owner
also does anyone have info on that machine gun case going on?
>>
Is this all for pre-86 stuff, or post?

As an ordinary Joe, without having to open a business or workshop or anything, can I buy a post-86 full-retard gun? I was under the assumption the only way to do so is be a dealer or manufacturer...
>>
>>28021763
>As an ordinary Joe can I buy a post 86

No. We can only own those made before 86.
Abolish 922(o)!!!
>>
Wait, it's a myth? I'm confused now. Can someone tell me how I get full-auto/sbrs/suppressors/ect?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.