[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. Never posted here before so be gentle. So I just turned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 245x205) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 245x205
Hey guys. Never posted here before so be gentle.
So I just turned 21, I'm generally very liberal but I'll be honest, guns are Fucking cool and useful.
Anyway, I'm looking for a very cheap pistol that is just to carry for protection. They people I buy lsd and weed from are... Less than reputable characters, to so the least. I have a suspicion that they have considered robbing me before. I really just want a pistol to be able to intimidate them if they try anything when I go to pick up. I really wish I could just find an aging hippie to buy from and not have to deal with this bullshit.
A quick Google search says that this Cobra freedom 380. It's super cheap and looks cool. I dont go to the range so I really don't care if it's shirty. I just want a piece of metal to scare off punks. Us this a good idea? Any other ones I should look into?
Thanks guys
>>
FBI pls go.
>>
Have fun getting yourself killed by people who actually know how to use guns.
>>
>>28015368
I'm going to buy it legally and get permits as needed. I don't want to give gun owners a worse name.
>>
>>28015342
Please PLEASE take this advice. Cobra and Jennings are litterally bottom of the barrel, blow up in your face guns. Now, there is a brand known as Hi-Point. They arent pretty, but neither is that abomination you posted. Their as cheap as Jennings, but are highly reliable, built like a brick, and the company will practically give you a new one if there is an issue
>>
>>28015342

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8HWfTkPxw
>>
>>28015381
>buys LSD from thugs
>just wanna wave a gun around and scare people instead of only drawing a gun when life is in danger and is prepared to use deadly force
>I don't want to give gun owners a bad name though
>>
>>28015394
Good to know. I have heard of hi point and they look good too. Thanks for the advice!
>>
File: poor guns.jpg (4 MB, 3900x5008) Image search: [Google]
poor guns.jpg
4 MB, 3900x5008
>>28015342
>>28015394
>>28015381
also refer to this guide
>>
>>28015409
Thanks man
>>
>>28015342
You should look into fucking off. If your ilk had their way we wouldn't be able to own firearms.
>>
>>28015422
anytime, don't get yourself killed
>>
>>28015429
Hopefully I'll never have to pull it out at all.
>>
Contrary to popular belief, the Raven, Jennings, Jimenez, ect (they're all the same) in .22lr and 25 ACP are safe and relatively reliable. Not great or even good by any stretch of the imagination but acceptable if you are dirt poor.
>>
>>28015409
>No Taurus PT111 G2
>why?
>>
>>28015342
>does drugs
>claims to be poor

>money for unnecessary toxins
>no money for necessary protection

Priorities motherfucker... Get some...
>>
>>28015455

I got a Bryco .380 for $50 from a police auction. Took it home and cleaned it and went to town with the Mother's polish until it had a mirror finish inside and out. Its an awesome little ghetto pocket pistol that has never failed once.
>>
>>28015487
I'm by no means poor. I have a great job putting myself through school. I just don't want to spend a lot on a gun that I hopefully will never use
>>
Okay I'm 100% for drugs. Marijuana is great. But you should absolutely never ever buy from a dealer you are afraid of you dumbass. You're putting yourself in danger and you're paying more than you should I guarantee it.

Secondly, a shitty little cobra isn't going to "intimidate" a hardened criminal. Guns are not for intimidation. They are tools like hammers or screwdrivers. You don't threaten to beat a nail, you just take your hammer and hit it. That's how you should think about guns.

Lastly, if you use hallucinogens regularly, having a gun around is a bad idea. I have personally been in the room when a man on LSD "shot 3 deer running through the wall" leaving us with a mess of drywall to patch the next day. Damn lucky we were out in BFE and not a residential area or someone could have been killed. I'm lucky I wasn't killed.

Tl;dr
Make better decisions
>>
>>28015342
Those guns are potmetal shit. Most I'd trust them with is .22.

If you want a cheap gun for emergencies, consider a Zastava M88a or a Hi-Point. Both are around the 150-250 dollar range.
>>
>>28015563
As I said I am actively looking for a nice old hippie to buy drugs from
Very fair point. From you and others posts I will make a point to get to a shooting range a few times to know how to use it properly and not get killed.
As far as using lsd. I really only use it like once every two or three months. I am in a good mental state generally and will be sure to ha e it locked up before I every trip (combo locks are impossible to open while tripping anyway.)
Thanks for the response man
>>
File: hank yo mamma.jpg (134 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
hank yo mamma.jpg
134 KB, 400x290
>>28015616

Have you tried not doing drugs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMxzkBdzTNU
>>
File: isthisguyretarded.jpg (50 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
isthisguyretarded.jpg
50 KB, 570x760
>>28015408
>Hi Point
>look good

Man, I almost thought this was a serious thread.
>>
>>28015458
We aren't going to pay $300 for a plastic Taurus when the same money will buy a police trade in S&W, one of those turkshit CZ knockoffs, or a Rock Island revolver.

Even a HiPoint retains value better than synthetic framed Taurus pistols.
>>
>>28015381
>I'm going to buy it legally
>They people I buy lsd and weed from
>>
>>28015644
Have you tried doing drugs? Lsd is nifty.
>>
>>28015654
>$300 for a plastic Taurus
230$ (and there is a 50$ MIR) and clearly you've never had at PT111 G2, bruh.
>>
>>28015657
Weed is gonna be legal soon anyway. The fewer laws I break the better. Also only dumbfucks buy illegal guns.
>>
>>28015647
I used "looks good" to say that it met my needs for a good price. They are indeed ugly.
>>
>>28015512
>I can afford a good fun but my life isn't worth investing in.

This problem should take care of itself soon enough.
>>
>>28015672

>Also only dumbfucks buy illegal guns.

A man in a parking lot offers to sell you drugs, you know damn well they're illegal. A man in a a parking lot offers to sell you a gun, it could be legitimate.
>>
File: Fucker.png (93 KB, 770x645) Image search: [Google]
Fucker.png
93 KB, 770x645
>>28015672
Or criminals, which OP is admitting to being.
>>
Not OP, but I've been considering picking up one in chrome just for shits and giggles as a gun to dick around with and maybe leave in a tackle box or something.

Classic Firearms occasionally has them on sale for $99, and the novelty of having a gun that has a two digit price NIB appeals to me for some reason.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/cobra-freedon-380-semi-auto-chromeonblack

I'm fully aware that they're shit, this would be purely for novelty. I have a Glock 17 for actual defensive use.

So I've got to ask: are these things actually dangerous? I've heard people talk about them blowing up, but never actually heard any convincing stories of it happening or seen any photos.
>>
>>28015700
So if I were to bump up my budget to say 500 bucks what should I go with?>>28015705
Fair enough.
>>
>>28015724
Bump it to 600 and get a Glock, XD, or Shield.
>>
File: hail_cobra_by_stourangeau.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2501) Image search: [Google]
hail_cobra_by_stourangeau.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2501
>>28015342
>>
>>28015672
Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
>>
>>28015751
Haha but it's not like that question will be on a form he has to fill out or like lying about it is a federal offense right?

Right...?
>>
>>28015736
Good to know. What model would I look at in that price point that is small and easy to conceal? I really like the look for the ppk but they look expensive.
>>
>>28015719

It's old Lorcin tooling they picked up. Lorcin's were always known as the nigger tier of the nigger tier guns.

>>28015736

At least here, I can get police trade in glocks and some gen 2's all day in the 300-350 range
>>
>>28015765
>Hahahaha, it's just a prank bro

ITT Noguns becomes hasguns, gets caught being retarded, and goes back to being noguns.
>>
>ITT
>>
>>28015409
>Have a fiend beat it with a hammer.

Jesus fuck, this whole thread is awful

OP
Lay off the drugs if you want to be an adult with an adult toy.
>>
>>28015785
this whole fucking board
jesus why do I even
>>
>>28015342
Copypasta or too much effort put into trolollolin on easy mode board?
>>
>>28015806
Nope just a dude who has never held a gun besides a 22 target rifle who wants advice from the experts.
>>
>>28015409
does anyone have the picture set from the bottom that looks kinda like mugi, I assume it's not her but still
>>
>>28015821
So, just some t-ball batting practice it is then.
>>
>>28015616
Combo locks aren't impossible to open while tripping.
I know from experience.
You're setting yourself up for an incident.
If you're taking hallucinogens, you should leave your vehicle keys and your gun with someone you trust who isn't.
Honestly you shouldn't even be taking hallucinogens in populated areas, but we've all done it before so whatever.
Just get a trip-sitter to watch you all and you can skip the hiding of your toys

>buddy crashed his bike while tripping after he got paranoid and tried to leave.
>>
>>28015864
Fair enough man. I usually have a trip sitter. Also I live in a college town and and my house I rent is closer to cows than people.
>>
>>28015342
ATF 4473 Question 11.e
Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

If you answer yes, you may not legally have a firearm transferred to you by an FFL. If you answer no, you are lying on a federal form.
>>
>>28015342
>2015
>Using weed and LSD

Degenerates like you belong on a cross and away from a firearm.
>>
>>28015342
>a pistol to intimidate with

>Drawing a firearm without intention to kill

Enjoy your prison sentence. Especially when you kill somebody in the heat of the moment over fucking drugs.
>>
Buy a Hi-Point, just like every other dindu.

>try to intimidate
you mean get shot by a drug dealer who isn't going to take your shit.

please, please anon, go get shot by a drug dealer because you think you know what your a 1337 leet spec operator.
>>
>>28016751
>1337 leet
>>
>>28016588
>>28016651
these
>>
>>28015342

Hey man let me talk some sense for ya. If they are despicable enough to rob you, what makes you think they're selling you real lsd? Most likely they are selling you chinese research chemicals they bought online. That shit will kill you/fuck you up. Ever since that big bust in 2000 real actual lsd is rare.

If you just want to scare them don't buy a real gun. Don't pull a real gun unless you intend to use it or they will just take that shit out of your hands and shoot you with it.
>>
>>28016588

OK G-man, prove he lied. You can't.
>>
File: kkk blue.png (23 KB, 243x260) Image search: [Google]
kkk blue.png
23 KB, 243x260
>>28016651

>Degenerates like you belong on a cross

I'm trying to imagine the sort of person that could say this and not come off as an edgy fag. Clint Eastwood probably could.
>>
>>28015724
Just bought a Shield for $470
>>
>>28015797
This guys got it figured out
>>
>>28017378
end of 2015

/k/ needs to record vines/ youtube, whatever, saying that with a straight face. or mask. GO
>>
>>28015409

I was probably gonna panic buy since Obama got a gun control boner today, but I don't have much money. Thanks to you, anon, you've helped me greatly.
>>
>>28016651
Caesar?
>>
>>28019620
Lmao shields are $339+ xfer
>>
>>28017378
It's a Fallout New Vegas reference.
>>
File: c9.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
c9.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>28015394
this. i have a highpoint c-9 that i got for $189. works great, the warranty from the factory is great (if theres ever ANYTHING wrong you send it back and they fix it for free.) and ive never had a problem with it at all except for shooting remington rounds because they're like 1/8th of an inch shorter than a normal 9mm round.

but also this: >>28015409
>>
>>28015490
I have a Bryco 9mm that I got in a trade with a guy one time. First time I took it to my dad's place to shoot it, the safety broke off. It jammed like 5 times as I was running my first (and to date, only) mag through it. Decided to strip it and see if cleaning it would help it out, and the fucking slide fell off without me releasing shit.

Haven't touched the thing since. I'm lucky the thing didn't explode in my hands or launch the slide directly into my face at 1800fps.
>>
>>28015409
>SCCY CPX2, single stack
wut
Also
>Luckygunner
lol
>>
>>28015765
>unlawful user of or addicted to
>Marijuana
Exact words, ATF
>>
>>28015563
>having a gun around is a bad idea
I lock mine up when I trip, even though I've never tried to access them during. Just an added layer of safety, and should be standard practice for any fun owner that uses hallucinogens.
>>
>>28017378
>Not understanding New /k/egas references

>Crucifixion is edgy

Why don't you fuck off back to r/4chan
>>
>>28015736
Shield should not cost more than $450 and mine was $410.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.