[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lefty AR problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20151127_201459334.jpg (910 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_201459334.jpg
910 KB, 1920x1080
Went to range left handed, cars bounce off walls and go down my shirt!
>>
>>28014990
>Lefty
Literally the spawn of Satan.
>>
>>28014990
Never seen shells land down the back of someones shirt so that's a new one for me.
>>
They are going to leave scars :/
>>
I learn to write with my left hand. What's your excuse lefty?
>>
I should have moved further to the left I suppose
>>
>>28014990
Fellow lefty here.

This, along with being right eye dominant was enough to convince me to start shooting right handed. It feels weird at first but you get used to it eventually. Feels nice being able to use every weapon comfortably.
>>
>>28015061
That's the same exact problem I have so fucking annoying
>>
>>28014990
I'm a lefty. I spent almost a decade in the military, and have shot a huge variety of guns, and many rounds. Literally never had brass go down my shirt.

How are you guys fucking up so bad, so quickly?
>>
>>28015078
I think it was an indoor range with stalls. It's not really a lefty exclusive thing to get brass down your shirt in this manner.
>>
>>28014990
Being a lefty my self the only time ive had brass land on me was when i was shooting a pt92 and the brass landed on the rim of my glasses and fell down into my shirt.
>>
>>28014990
>cars bounce off walls and go down your shirt
What the shit is going on at your range?
>>
>>28014990
Stag makes lefty ARs and I think they sell just lefty upper receivers, if you're into building.
>>
The only good left handed person is Ian from Forgotten Weapons.

All others can fucking die, disgusting degenerates.
>>
>>28015118
Some asshole 10year-old kept on chucking match box cars at me just because I was born a fucking lefty. Some people need to keep better watch over their children.
>>
>>28015108
Yep this is the first time I had the issue
>>
>in AF Basic
>chooting
>bretty cold so wearing parka
>brass is landing all over me
>meh
>YOU BETTER SHAKE YOURSELVES OUT REAL WELL
>FOR EVERY PERSON CAUGHT WITH A CASING YOU WILL ALL DO I don't even remember, it was undesirable
>find 2 on me at range
>march back and do cleaning etc, find another
>back in class, instructor left us to eat lunch
>tink tink tink...
>...everyone else starts shaking themselves out
>another falls out out me
>other people find some
>we have a collection
>turn them into instructor
>nothing happens

I think it was the chick next to me.
>tfw first time shooting and you were 1 off from Marksman and rushed your drills by 5-10 seconds
>those faggots that went OVER time and were allowed to finish shooting
>those retards that shot other peoples' targets
>>
>>28015118
Phone didn't like the word cases
>>
>>28015032
I don't know about OP, but the lefty blood is strong in me. My grandparents were, and my aunt, mom, and me are all left handed. When people would come over to the family house for dinner, there would usually come a moment about half-way through when they'd look up and finally notice that they were the only person at the table eating with their right hand.

As a kid I loved it. :)

Now to get to things /k/ related. I'm left-eye deficient and find using my left to steady a rifle works just find anyway, but I have no experience with a pistol. I was wondering what my fellow right-eye dominant lefties do in that case. Just shoot right handed, or try and work something out using their left hand and right eye?
>>
>>28015484
I shoot both eyes open, and help towards my right side
>>
>>28014990
I'm left handed.
It almost feels like the ergos of the AR are made for the lefty. Everything is great.
If shells were bouncing off a wall, like blame the wall man.
>>
>>28015030
Being too stupid to take one step to your left.
>>
>>28015627
I did that after a while but still caught a couple
>>
>>28015400
>af basic
>>
>>28014990
That's what you get for shooting a self loading rifle at an indoor range.
Have never had that issue even when I place brass screens right next to my table at the range.
>>28015061
I wish was right eye dominant. I subconsciously prefer my left hand but I've kept my right hand fairly coordinated, I just can't deal with the eye dominance issue.
>>
File: 1446698978063.jpg (97 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1446698978063.jpg
97 KB, 500x669
>cars bounce off walls and go down my shirt!
>cars

absolutely lost my shit
>>
File: pacman.jpg (71 KB, 629x599) Image search: [Google]
pacman.jpg
71 KB, 629x599
Bump.

Leftie here. True southpaw. Was wondering if lefties are better with guns. Not trying to start a flamewar between handedness. Just wondering.
>>
>>28015833
>wondering if lefties are better with guns
How so?
Bolts are about as convenient and speed differences are generally minimal, you just reach over with your left hand, if the action is very stiff it can be an odd angle to exert force. If the bolt will clear your main hand, you can cycle with your support hand while keeping your main in firing position quite easily.
Safeties are more likely to be obnoxious in general, but AK safeties are marginally easier to deal with.
Some SLRs, bullpups in particular can have really bad ejection patterns for lefties. Even though many of those have conversion kits they are usually extra and they generally do not sell native left handed versions.
Not all handguns have the capability for left hand conversions of the important bits and those are decidedly inconvenient.
It's a pretty mixed bag.
>>
>>28015811
I can't even tell what kind of typo would have applied.
cars bounce off the walls
vars
dars
ocars
scars
ecars
edars
evars
ivars

The possibilities and endless and I can't fucking find it.
>>
>>28015030
nice purse
>>
>>28015278
They work p well, too; have a 2TL myself
>>
File: images.gif (499 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
images.gif
499 KB, 500x644
>>28014990

>not wearing a tactineck
>current year
>>
>>28016695
>cars

>cartriges...

>"shells"...
>>
>>28014990
Google stag arms left hand upper

Now go away
>>
>>28014990
>left handed
told you being stupid was gonna start getting painful
>>
>>28015078
I had a dipshit stand too close to me when firing. Caught three casings to the nape.

Sometimes, it isn't the training. Sometimes, it's the jackass sending brass down your shirt. And sometimes, that jackass is you.

>looking at you, OP
>>
Good old brass burns.
I took a buddy to an indoor range for the first time many years ago, brought a Colt sporter with. We were having fun just shooting the faces out of generic masked badguy targets. It was a good day.
Near the end of our trip when ammo I was running I low I loaded my last mag and just dumped it down range. My buddy had moved to stand a few feet directly behind me with his arms cross. A vital mistake. One lone piece of brass bounced on a trajectory completely separate from all others. It hit the lane divider, shot up, over my shoulder, and landed on my buddy's forearm. He didn't notice it. Apparently he was too fixated on all the noise, concussion, and the throbbing range boner we all get from inhaling copious amounts of gun powder with poor ventilation.

So this casing is just fucking cooking his arm like hes the main dish at Benihana while hes spaced out in a stupor. He said at first he noticed his arm felt cold so he pulled his sleeve down on his shirt. Then he said it was itchy so we went to scratch it, and felt something was there. Lifted up his sleeve and proceeded to shriek like a banshee as he lifted a case with a little bit of skin attached to it off of his arm.

He still has a scar to this day like 7 years later. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>28015061
That's why I learnt to play guitar right handed. I shoot left though.
>>
>>28018174
I have one that is really nice I'm going to have a scar there I'm sure.
>>
>>28016696
Hell yea love that purse....
>>
>>28015030
If you were square to the target with your feet parallel, then you wouldn't have had this problem.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.