[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CZ Scorpion Evo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: cz-scorpion-922r-parts-kit-sbr.jpg (86 KB, 1000x558) Image search: [Google]
cz-scorpion-922r-parts-kit-sbr.jpg
86 KB, 1000x558
I want one. I keep seeing pictures people are posting after their tax stamps got approved and it's making me want to grab a pistol and send in a Form 1 on it.

But, I'm probably less than a month away from having a stamp approved for my 10.5" AR, and I just submitted a form 1 for my SLR107UR. I've spent way too much money the past two months.

I could put it on layaway, but I'd rather have it in hand so I could submit the Form 1 asap since it's taking 5 months now.
>>
>>28013468
I want to get an 805 BREN but I don't know if it's any good
>>
>>28013483
I'd love to have one of those too.
>>
I keep going between pistol caliber SBRs/carbines looking fun as hell and being boring. Would be cheaper to shoot than 5.56 or .300, but not buying-a-whole-new-gun cheaper.
>>
An evo 1 is my may gift to myself.
>>
>>28013504
I'd imagine it'd be lighter, less recoil, and less concussive blast with the short barrel than a rifle caliber SBR. My 300blk SBR with an 8" barrel is awesome but holy fuck it's loud without the can.
>>
Wait until next year, there will be a 2016 version with a few changed including 1/2x28 threading instead of the 18x1 it currently has.
>>
>>28013521
I've considered it. Any other details on what they're going to change or is that it?
>>
>>28013504
Seem a bit pointless if you needed them for anything to be quite honest my familiars
>pistol calibre (i.e. weaker than a rifle/intermediate cartridge) but larger than a pistol (i.e. can't be CCed)
>you essentially have a "long" gun that isn't able to perform to the same standard as other carbine length rifles
>unless maybe accuracy and cost are concerns for you in which case I'd see the point in keeping one around for home defense, but why not just use a regular pistol?
>>
>>28013584
I wouldn't say they're pointless.

If you had a 9mm carbine, you could carry the same caliber handgun and share ammunition. That would help in a situation where you had to leave the house in a hurry, and it also helps with training costs.

Pistol ammunition is generally cheaper and you can find 9mm just about anywhere.
>>
>>28013468
stocks are expensive. $400 and up on gunbroker because the regular supply's have dried up.
>>
If WA hadn't suspended SBR "manufacturing" because of how the law was worded, I'd already own one. Hopefully one day soon they'll unfuck the situation here
>>
>>28013650
They're $199 when they're in stock, not a big deal. I'd have plenty of time to wait while the Form 1 gets processed.
>>
>>28013483
>>28013489
I've heard very bad things about the design, as cool as it looks. You could probably do better for the cost, but I understand the sex appeal
>>
>>28013664
I stand corrected. I went on gunbroker after I posted, there is a set for $300 buy now. still too high.
>>
>>28013483
Feels like a nicer scar only thing I don't like is no bolt release!?!? And the bolt catch button is finicky. I have hope gen2 will be good
>>
File: 20151127_212719.png (2 MB, 1630x917) Image search: [Google]
20151127_212719.png
2 MB, 1630x917
>>28013468
I have one. Form 1 approved a few weeks ago. Pic related.

First off from 0 to 50 yrds it's crazy accurate. Freehand shooting I'm basically making a 2 inch hole in paper at 50 with the dot sight. Like most guns with a dot it's cheating.

The ~8 inch barrel is pretty much ideal for 9mm, no fiction loss and max velocity. Check the charts and 8 inches is the sweet spot for 9mm para.

It's rugged and does not feel cheap. 30 rd mags are 20 whole bucks. That's almost AR prices.

I have an aftermarket AK style safety installed that was cheap from HB Industries and their spring kit which brings the trigger to about 6.5 lbs on average. It shoots fine.

It's a blowback which is the correct action for a 9mm. It's ambi safety, you can swap the charging handle left or right, ambi mag release , intuitive controls, all around a great subgun.

I did the math recently and I have $1800 in the gun. $800 for the pistol (can get it for 750 or so now), $200 for the stamp, $200 for the stock, $250 for the dot, $80 for mags, $250 for the light. So while it's a cheap pistol to start you can easily run it up and I'm not done. Probably going to get a different grip (yetiwurks) and maybe some QD sling points plus a nice sling. I was planing to suppress it too but after running about a thousand through it so far I'm less convinced it needs one.

I shot the shit out of the only direct competitor to the Scorpion, the MPX, and it's literally just an SBR AR in 9mm so I don't see anything neat about it and it has all the bad things an AR does and I already have 2 ARs.

So to end this crazy long post yes l, it's a hot shit little sub fun and you should totally get one.
>>
>>28013535
They will have:
1/2 x 28 threads instead of the 18 mm barrel threads
A QD or QD mount at the back of the receiver
A FDE model (flat dark earth)
Or so the rumors say
>>
>>28013848
The reason they are so high CZ only planned to import a set amount of them in originally. The ones that are out there for sale are all we got. There wont be any more until next year.
>>
>>28014702
Good post. Good info. Thanks
>>
>>28014795
This is incorrect. It is the gun itself that is done until 2016. They are releasing a slightly new model in 2016 most notable changes being different thread pitch (more common) and an FDE offering. But the stocks are still leaking out. I got one of the first ones from the K-VAR preorder and it showed up a week before I got my stamp.

Do not buy a stock/922r kit for much over $200, they are leaking out. Rule 1 for NFA guns is don't rush.
>>
>>28014702
Long posts ftw, it's stuff like this that keeps me coming back here despite all the REEE that seems endemic to the board.
>>
>>28013651
This

I'd love one if I could SBR it, but until then I'm 100% happy with my Cx4
>>
>>28014984
Hey guys, you may be interested in this, CZ releasing a carbine version omfgwtfbbq

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=58-JsN0AGWk
>>
>>28015179
I really like the extended handguard they have for the carbine versions.
>>
>>28015365
Yeah dude. Me too. I'm the same guy with the SBR one and the long posts. I'm now totally reversing my opinion on suppressing it. The long handguard w/ supressor on the pistol seems almost too good to be true. Concerned about heat melting it so need to see. But man would it look cool.
>>
>>28015446
It kind of gives me the vibe of the MP5SD the way the hand guard hides some of the suppressor. I wonder if the carbine version with faux suppressor will have a regular 8" barrel with the rest pinned and welded for easy SBR. Also would like to see if they plan on selling the handguard separately.
>>
>>28015532
Nothing really to add but yes me too on both. I have a .45 suppressor and it gets retarded hot and I don't mag dump. So I dunno...
>>
>>28014702

Where did you engrave your trust info?
>>
Apparently a carbine version you won't need to SBR is coming out.

Here's Chocolate NRA with a review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-JsN0AGWk
>>
>>28014702
If they didn't fuck up the MPX so bad I'd say it could be a better option for the AR-inclined, but even I'm looking at the EVO, ugly as sin as it is.
>>
>>28017122
Not sure I follow. Why would I need to engrave it?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-28-02h20m01s294.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-28-02h20m01s294.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
TMHonfire has an unlisted video shooting his CZ SBR...
>>
>>28017599
That guy is such a faggot
>>
>>28017608
You talked about? That guy shits on half of the other YouTube channels.
>>
>>28017599
>>
>>28013651
WTF IM TURNING 21 SOON AND I WANT TO SBR AN 80% LOWER AND IM STUCK IN WA FML.
>>
>>28017122
It's on the top left of the plate with the serial on it.
>>
I've been thinking about buying one for months, trying to decide on my first PCC.

But, what it all boiled down to I found, was "Oh hey this thing looks really cool!"

Which is fine. That's a deciding factor very often. But it's just not practical enough for me.

I went with a Sub2k Gen2 instead because I'm a massive fucking faggot.
>>
I like the carbine foreend. But i want to sbr it. So. I think ill go with the pistol.
>>
>>28017393

If you are doing a gun trust, NFA barrels have to be engraved with the name of the said gun trust.
>>
>>28013584
>Less recoil
>Less noise
>Less flash
I think it's a better alternative to .22lr when teaching someone who is new to firearms.
>>
>>28019278
No they do not. The guy you are responding to isn't me and I'm the guy you originally asked where the engraving was.

You simply engrave the receiver and in the case of the Scorpion the receiver is the right side panel. You do not have to engrave the barrel on any NFA weapon, you should generally engrave the receiver.
>>
>>28017393
NFA items need to be engraved with the name of your NFA Trust if you went the trust route. If you went for individual ownership (CLEO signing off, finger printing, mugshot, etc), you legally need to have your full name engraved on the weapon.

The places that can be engraved are the weapon's receiver or barrel. I believe there's some other places as well, but most people do the receiver so they don't have to get another barrel engraved if they ever need to swap it out.
>>
>>28019297
>Less recoil
You are now aware that most blowback 9mm carbines have more recoil than DI ARs.
>>
Well I said fuck it and ordered one this morning.

The recent posting about ATF 41P only being postponed a month (Jan 2016) expedited my thinking on it. As soon as it's in hand, another Form 1 is going in.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.