[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
922r Arrests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
File: 922R.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
922R.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
Has anyone ever been arrested for 922r non-compliance? Not including being arrested for a major crime and having 922r tacked on just to throw more charges at a fuck up?
>>
It exists solely for importer standards or as a tack-on charge. If you're a regular dude getting 922r thrown at him, it's the least of your present concerns.
>>
>>28001197
ahh wrong.
>>
>>28001197
While you are correct in practice, the law is the law. Just like very few people get the book thrown out of them for a stand alone first SBR charge.
>>28001283
He is right in practice. No one could reasonably determine without some sort of damning self confession that your rifle was in violation so they tend to wait till they have your gun confiscated during a drug raid then tack the charge up on Jamal's tapco'd AK.
>>
Honestly I doubt even the ATF would be stupid enough to try to bust someone on solely 922r, they'd become a martyr and the whole thing could collapse. Firearms media would be screaming about how some guy is getting a felony for putting too many foreign parts on their gun, it would be an outrage
>>
>>28001331
>what is Waco
>>
>>28001184
>get letter punch set
>stamp everything US

there you go faggot
>>
You'd have to be doing something really illegal for them to even be in a position to check each individual part for country or origin, and that something illegal would be far worse than not complying with 922r.
>>
>>28001303
that's not what I was referring to. 922r states it is illegal for any person to assemble, key words being person and assemble. I was one of the first people to convert (legally) a NMH91 using a FSE kit sold by RPB. this was 20 years ago. the instructions and the interpretation of the law were very clear for obvious reasons. too many people believe they can alter a rifle and say that's how it was when I bought it. not so. importers and distributers must submit samples of imported guns to the ATF. to remove a thumb hole stock and installing a regular stock and pistol grip constitutes assembly. but hey if you don't believe me just send photos of your rifles to the ATF and post your results.
>>
File: 1431575328599.jpg (292 KB, 672x2500) Image search: [Google]
1431575328599.jpg
292 KB, 672x2500
>>28001184
Yes, my dad was a huge ak collector and got v& for his ak104 clone he built because it exceeded 4 foreign parts.

He has been in prison for 5 years now and we write to eachother.
>>
>>28001336
The place where they had illegal full autos
>>
>>28001675
>things that didn't happen
>>
>>28001674
Fuck off ATF.
>>
>>28001703
>implying that was deserving of death
>>
>>28001674
>follow this unenforceable law that no one gives a fuck about guis, srsly....
>>
>>28001184
No, because once a parts kit passes through customs it is impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt where the individual parts came from. Also, 922r has no marking requirements.

The law was written to throw up yet another obstacle to importing scary salt wepns, nothing more.
>>
>>28001184
No.

/thread
>>
>>28001674
>importers and distributers must submit samples of imported guns to the ATF.
And it's widely known that no one ever, ever makes their own parts, and that every part is clearly marked MADE IN USA, so any foreign modifications made to a factory rifle are clear as day...
>>
File: 1446090107343.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446090107343.jpg
370 KB, 1920x1080
>>28001568

>get btfo when they do the metallurgy tests
>>
>>28002199
>implying that would reveal anything other than the type of metal
>implying making parts out of imported steel never happens
>>
>>28001184
What the fuck is a 922r compliant, is that some California shit?
>>
>>28001675
Ok seriously, how is this even a law. Does having a gun with multiple parts from different country make a gun any less dangerous. THIS...IS...SO...STUPID
>>
>>28002199
>metallurgy tests
Why do you think this would mean dick for dick?
>>
>>28002374
It's ATF shit. Any weapon sold in America has to have at least 10 american made parts, for no other reason than because the ATF says so.
>>
>>28002199
>this part appears to be made of steel
>yup, it's steel
Now what?
>>
>>28002416
>dumb arbitrary laws
welcome to gun ownership
>>
>get wood stock
>put ten genuine made in the USA baseboard finish nails in the stock
>tadaaaaaaaa
>>
>>28002464
Neva been dun befo!
>>
>>28001703
allegedly
>>
>>28002433

Not ATF but GCA 1968 and it was never corrected with FOPA.

But it's not enforced at all. Pawn shops and gun shops outright ignore it when they're selling used guns (as they should). I've probably seen two dozen SKS rifles this year that have been sporterized but enough original parts remain to be a "violation".

>>28002199

They aren't wasting that amount of time unless they really fucking hate you and they need the 922r charge to get you "solid" on something.
>>
>>28001703
>The place where they had illegal full autos

except thats not true they had shitty bump trigger devices
>>
>>28002464
922r lists the parts.
(c) For purposes of this section, the term imported parts are:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Buttstocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, handguards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers
(20) Floorplates
>>
>>28001703
>2015
>still believing this

Top kek anon.
>>
>>28002464
we don't make nails in this country anymore anon.
>>
I did, they charged it as manufacturing. I live in CALIFAGISTAN so I don't need to go into details of my "crime against the the public good, muh chilluns"

Seriously fuck CA
>>
>>28002416
It is to keep foreigners from flooding the USA with cheap surplus and cheaply made guns.

No more ROHM saturday night specials for Jamal. American manufacturers' profits protected.
>>
>>28003249
>we don't make nails in this country anymore anon.
kek'd but this is probably fucking true
>>
>>28003027
>a foreign gun
>with a windchime of ten floorplates
checkm8
>>
>meanwhile we import shit from all over the world that can be deadly
>but oh, those foreign pieces on your ak they look super dangerous
its just there to make things harder for people who deal with firearms as a business
>>
>>28003513
>>28003249
>limp wristed desk jockeys detected
If you were a real man, you'd know that Fastenal machines parts in the US as well as several other first and not so first world countries.
>>
>>28001703
there were no unregistered machine guns
there was no evidence of pedo shit
there was no meth lab

>2015
>still believing the initial cover story even the boots admit is false
>>
is a 922r charge even a felony?
>>
>>28002416
922r came about after the AWB. everybody was pulling off thumbhole stocks and installing regular stocks and pistol grips. US made parts didn't exist back then. it took about 3-4 years for the market to catch up with compliance parts. now days its a different story but the law still exists.
>>
>>28001184
922r only applies to importers and people assembling rifles for the purpose of selling in commerce. Joe schmo can put whatever he wants on his gun as long as he isn't the importer or a commercial manufacturer making a living selling firearms.
>>
>>28001674
But what we are saying is that the ATF isn't going to show up at your range, tear your rifle apart and source all of the pieces. The only way to get CAUGHT violating 922r is if you are an importer who is doing this on a large scale where theyre looking for it, or your rifle is siezed by the cops for some other reason.
>>
>>28006617
Can you source this?
>>
>>28006835
he can't because it's not true. break 922r at your own peril. no one will likely ever notice unless your guns are confiscated and inspected for it but it's your choice.

922r is a stupid fucking law but our country is full of them and people get pinched for dumb shit. 922r less so but it is still a real thing, do not listen to the internet telling you it's cool to break laws without understanding that you are breaking a law.
>>
>>28006617
922r includes all manufacturers not just the FFL guys.
>It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to -
>(1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
>(2) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General.
>>
>>28002199
This is complete bullshit and couldn't be used because the detection nor the manufacturing equipment works that way.

-Your local metallurgist
>>
>>28003889
>Y-Yeah guys! The three fires that suddenly started within five minutes of each other on three separate points of the compound were t-totally ATF flamethrower tanks!
>T-The Branch Davidians weren't a self destructive apocalypse cult or anything!

IT WAS THE FBI!
>>
>>28004781
No, just confiscation.
>>
>>28003249

No, we still make them, but they're pricey as shit.
>>
>>28006928

The keyword is assembly. The second keyword is "readily adaptable to sporting purposes"

That's open to interpretation. AK = hunting weapon with a five round magazine and some fudd shit on it.
>>
>>28001184
atf pls go
>>
>>28006617
why does everyone think this?
>>
>>28002416
No, it helps American manufacturers

Really I don't think you are likely to run into issues with it as an individual, I like using American parts out of patriotism/supporting workers like me, but the law is mainly targeted at big importers like Century
>>
>>28001568
Pretty much.

I know there's people out there buying blank ak plates for their russian mags, then stamping "U.S.A." on them.

>lol 922r

One, if they are paying enough attention to you, to suspect your rifle is non-922r compliant, you have already been doing something fucked, and 922r is the least of your worries.
>>
>>28003395
No way. Manufacturing is different.
>>
>>28006617
do you think that driving is also an activity that takes place only when travelling for commercial purpose... just because that's what the legal dictionaries say?
>>
>>28001674

>to remove a thumb hole stock and installing a regular stock and pistol grip constitutes assembly.

sounds more like maintenance to me. and sounds like a grey area.
and also sounds like they'd have a difficult time proving intent.
>>
>>28014976
According to my judge at the time it implied the following(1) alteration in violation of CA permissible features [ie removal of bullet button, bayo lug, etc], (2) transportation, (3) something I forget. Anyways long story short, got a defense lawyer, and didn't have the case upped to federal court. Given probation, suspended sentence.
>>
>>28006863
> break 922r at your own peril
Jesus you are a faggot.
>>
File: FBI agent vs a gate.gif (2 MB, 412x394) Image search: [Google]
FBI agent vs a gate.gif
2 MB, 412x394
No.

Any retard that brings up 922r should be shouted down immediately. There is absolutely no fucking reason to worry about 922r unless you're doing illegal shit that will attract federal attention in the first place. There is no conceivable scenario where an ATF agent will be stripping and inspecting your weapon unless you're under arrest for the aforementioned shit attracting federal attention.
>>
>>28016382
Yea. Thats not 922r you retard
>>
>>28014429
in 1994 people were modifying post ban guns into pre ban configuration. this law was written to make this practice illegal.
>>
>>28015664
Its not about proving intent. Own a shot gun? Own a hacksaw? Can you afford legal fees? Bail? Time in jail? Loss of job? Wages? Family? Credibility? If can answer yes to any of these do us a favor and stop posting.
>>
>>28003395
Felony or misdemeanor?

How the fuck did you get caught?
>>
>>28001184
>Has anyone ever been arrested for 922r non-compliance?
No.
>Not including being arrested for a major crime and having 922r tacked on
A guy once got caught with an unregistered machine gun, and they tried to tack on the 922r charge. The machine gun charge stuck, but the 922r was thrown out because there was no way to prove the parts weren't 922r compliant.

That being said, I do own a few converted HKs that are 922r compliant. The reason is professional converters often require proof that the parts you supplied are 922r compliant, or they won't do the conversion.
>>
>>28016441
K, why don't you send pictures of said weapons and a picture of your dog to the ATF and post results. we'll wait for the lull's.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.