[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok i've got a moral dilemma. First of all i live in commie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1250365443038.jpg (366 KB, 943x1482) Image search: [Google]
1250365443038.jpg
366 KB, 943x1482
Ok i've got a moral dilemma.
First of all i live in commie Sweden so the gun laws here are... pretty draconic.
But i decided to try to get a license for a singleshot 22lr revolver, you can get those on a hunting license for killing trapped badgers and the like.

I just figured since i can get one i should get one but the only one they had at the store was a mint condition S&W M17 from the late 50s and they offered to weld 5 of the chambers shut so i'm allowed to buy it.
They wanted 900SEK for it, that's about 80USD

I've always loved the M17 and i really want it but i don't know if i could live with myself knowing that i've ruined it by having them destroy the cylinder.

help...

(picture not quite related)
>>
>>27968273
I can't urge you strongly enough to get out of Sweden. Things are only going to get worse.
>>
>>27968273
Jesus H. Christ.

Save the gun and get something else, OP. Your first impulse was correct. that's like only being able to buy an economy car, so you get a Maserati with all cylinders but one welded shut. Fuck.
>>
>>27968289

I'm looking in to just that to be honest.
This ship is going down,

Thinking about moving to Canada or the US but how in the fuck do i even go about bringing my guns with me since i'm pretty sure i can't just show up at the border with a sack full of rifles demanding politcal asylum ;)
>>
>>27968313

Yeah it's not an ideal situation.
Thing is that i've got the tools and reamers to rechamber the cylinder but i feel like it's too nice of a gun for me to do that and it carries a 2 year sentence if i get caught.

Still though can't beat the price.
Since they introduced 5 year licenses on all handguns prices on the used gun market hit rock bottom.
Every five years you need to reapply for your gun license or the cops take it away from you and you have to prove that you're an active competitor with results, signatures from officials at the gun club .etc .etc
>>
>>27968466
You should be able to bring your guns into the US if you go through the proper legal channels(I'm assuming since you live in Sweden non of your guns would be illegal here.) it probably will take time and money you just have to ask yourself how bad you wanna taste freedom.
>>
>>27968683

I guess i could start checking for jobs in the US to get away from this bs.
Which state should i aim for to ensure maximum amount of funs?

Might take a couple of years but it never hurts to have a goal.
>>
>>27969067
Tennessee, Arizona, the Dakotas, pretty much any southern state.

Avoid California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, DC, probably a few others I am forgetting.

Use this site:
http://freedominthe50states.org/
Its pretty handy.
>>
>>27968273
If you want a gun then just try getting a shotgun since that seems to be the most if not at least less restrictive on getting one but dear lord talk about gun control.

Your best bet is to just move to Canada and then try moving from there to the United States since at least if the option of jumping the borders again fails well you will at least be in Canada which is somewhat close to United States gun ownership alike.

But seriously though you might as well save up the money and move or just get the requirements to just get a shotgun.
>>
>>27969229

I've got plenty of shotguns so with the exception of the .22 single shot pistol i can't get anymore.
6 long guns for hunting and 10 long guns for sporting, i used to shoot handguns but the 5 years licenses took all the fun out of it.
>>
File: 2015-11-08 21.14.48.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-08 21.14.48.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>27969229

It's really not that bad here i can still have fun... but handguns are troublesome.
>>
File: 1393624806280.jpg (55 KB, 424x394) Image search: [Google]
1393624806280.jpg
55 KB, 424x394
>>27969139
>New York

Somebody please save us from NYC
>>
>>27969139

Thanks for the list.
>>
Also since Canada was mentioned i've been wondering, if i decide to go there how hard is it to get a permit for "restricted" firearms?
>>
>>27969576
Not that hard honestly.

It's actually pretty relaxed actually.

Plus if your license expires they don't immediately go confiscating your guns and throwing you in jail.

You are given enough time to go get it fixed and everything.
>>
>>27969139
>>27969418
don't forget montana and alaska, the last frontiers
>>
>>27969629

What are the requirements and how often do you have to renew the license?

Were i live the police were so backed up when the 5 year handgun licenses started needing renewal that they were 12 months behind.
So alot of people had to sell or even scrap their now illegal firearms.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.