[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First carry gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Choosing a carry gun, any thoughts on the CCP?
>>
G19/17, P226, VP9

Those are the only acceptable first carry guns.
>>
>>27967344
>full size pistols (except G19)
>carry guns
I hope you live in Alaska
>>
>>27967344
Once you learn your shit you can get a .45 or a smaller gun. You want a compromise between grip length and capacity. Slide length isn't as much of an issue because it isn't the part sticking of of the holster.
>>
>>27967354
I live in Vermont so I can do whatever I want we have no gun laws except no guns on school property on in a court room.
>>
File: 2015-09-13 11.51.56 1_resized_1.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-13 11.51.56 1_resized_1.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>27967298
>buying a carry gun the size of a CCP
>not buying a P239

What are you even doing?
>>
>>27967354
VP9 is in between a 19 and a 17 so it's not really full size but it's not small. I own all of those guns besides a G19 and I can conceal them easily but I am also tall and 23 years old so I wear tall t-shirts and don't sag my pants. Sometimes I print but it doesn't matter because everyone has a gun in Vermont well 3/4 of the population
>>
>koln proofmarks

nope

If its a Walther hand has a triple crown inside of a shield proof mark, it is made in Cologne by Umarex. If it has a an antler coming out of a cross, it is Ulm and made by Walther.

Real Walthers include
PPS
PPQ
PPX (I know amazingly despite how fuckugly they are they are quality firearms especially for the 279 they are being closed out at... rumor is they are being discontinued)
P99

*SOME* PPK/ PPK/s, however the production of these pistols is much more confusing with American made, French made, German made etc. and vary in quality as well. If you ever find yourself an Ulm proofed PPK or PPK/s I would recommend picking it up

Dogshit Umarex Walthers include
p22
CCP
PPQ .22
And most .22's that look like Uzi's, Sigs, MP5s, etc. etc.
If you want a Walther for concealed carry, save your sheckles awhile longer and get a PPS
>>
>>27967354
Also the style of jeans/pants I wear helps. I wear my pants with roomy hip, thighs,waist, and low rise with a hard taper from the knee down. All my pants are tailored the same way 34" waist 9.5" front rise 12" thigh 7.5" knee 6" ankle 33" inseam. It keeps my clothing modern but with enough room so my nuts don't get crushed when I sit down and my gun fits in my pants.
>>
>>27967491

What exactly does Umarex do wrong, besides not being Walther?
>>
>>27967552
They're QC is shitty because they make air rifles and paintball guns.
>>
>>27967594

Of all the complaints I've heard about the CCP none of them mention quality issues. You know a company that makes toys can still have good quality control, right?
>>
>>27967298
The pps is a better option. Just get it in 9mm

The ccp is a pain to take apart to clean, but if your ok with that. Get it
>>
>>27967621
Doesn't every complaint about a gun boil down to quality control. Unless it has something to do with ergonomics or aesthetics?
>>
>>27967938
No.

Design issues too.

For example the fact that the ccp requires a tool to take apart.

That is a flaw in ny book.
>>
>>27967344
Fuck off fatty, healthy people can't CC a full size combat pistol
>>
>>27967344
>how to tell if someone has a BMI of 60: the post
>>
>>27967298
G43 is a good choice if you have a shot a lot. Otherwise probably a G19 or the S&W M&P equivalent.
>>
>>27968905
This, skelingtons can't hide shit.
>>
CCP is very ammo picky, it will not like low power loads at all. If the slide doesn't travel all the way to the rear it won't cock the striker.

Take down is a pain in the ass. You have to have a special tool to take the slide off. And reassembly isn't as easy as a normal guide rod pistol. It takes a little practice to get the piston back in to the frame. Its not hard it just takes a little work to get it back together

Wouldn't recommend it for a novice gun owner. They are nice and accurate and feel very comfortable to hold
>>
>>27967298
I quite like my compact Zeliska. Pic related, it's me with my baby. Perfect for EDC.
>>
>>27967298
Waltherfag here, absolutely nothing wrong with the CCP. It's very unique, having a gas system as a pistol and all, but they definitely seem to work. Great ergos and great functionality as well.

If you're gonna holster carry (i.e. not purse or something equally as dumb) get the stainless. It's slicker, easier to draw.
>>
>>27970929
Will do, thanks for the advice
>>
P225 P229 P239
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.