[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military and Epilepsy Can I join the military with epilepsy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1448173668740.jpg (651 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1448173668740.jpg
651 KB, 1000x750
Military and Epilepsy

Can I join the military with epilepsy? I know the quick answer to anyone would be no. But I haven't had a seizure in 2 and a half years. Anyone care to chip in?
>>
Depends on country but in general
>Nope
>>
>can I join the military with a serious disability
Gee, I dunno OP
>>
You really think a history of randomly blacking out for periods of time in your life will be allowed in the military lol? Unless there's world war 3 OP and millions die you may be accepted then in the draft.
>>
>>27967021
>Has a seizure at the shooting range
>14 dead by headshot execution, culprit found foaming at the mouth. New hybrid Rabies virus suspected.
short answer? No.

Long answer? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
>>
Guy got in the marine corps with narcolepsy. He was in my squadron s4. For some reason his ncos thought it was a good idea to let him drive flatbed trucks. I saw him asleep at the wheel for a second in our parking lot once. Fortitudine. You are going to make it, brah.
>>
I should mention that it is very easily controlled, its not like im not on medications and just randomly had a seizure every now and then.
>>
>>27967176
Yeah no. Not gonna happen. Unless you lie your ass off through enlistment but the second you have a seizure on duty you're fucking out, with a medical discharge if you're lucky and a dishonorable for lying if you're not.
>>
>>27967021
Short answer? No.

Long answer? US military is still in drawdown and they are being picky as fuck about recruitment. The days of "we'll take anybody with a pulse" ended with iraq. The air show in iraq is just so the administration can say they arent being lame ducks. Nothing noteworthy is really going on right now and that means budget and personel cost. And with something like epilepsy? You would have a hard time getting in even back when they were waivering in gang bangers and asmatics.
>>
lol absolutely not.
>>
>>27967021
I know you didn't want just a one word answer so I'll take some time here to...

Actually nvm. No.
>>
>>27967176
>driving LMTV with 20 of your best friends in the back
>TC is finishing up paperwork and calming down LT on the comms
>you have a random seizure that happens every now and then
>truck flips
>people die
>find out you lied on enlistment
>you go to pound-me-in-the-ass military prison for mansalughter

Nah dude, just be a buddy fucker and sign up!
>>
>>27967021
>Middle of firefight
>night time comes
>muzzle flash triggers your epilepsy
>risk your life as well as your fellow soldiers lives

Dont be selfish and think of your fellow soldiers dude. I would refuse your ass in an instant on the premise alone you would put your fellow soldiers lives in danger just so you can play military boy.
>>
Can't even get in with the diabetes, bruh. Hell no with epilepsy.

That being said, my ex's grandfatger was a flight engineer in the airforce for decades as a diabetic. He had his wife pee into a cup for him. Cute story really. Almost as cute as my ex... ;_;
>>
>>27967021
You COULD get a flyer for it, but it'd be very difficult and a lot of work to go through.
Go to all the doctors that you had been treated (or at least seen) for epilepsy by and get them all to write a letter saying you're healthy and stable. I've seen it done before for worse things.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.