[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I going to be raped by the ATF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: ohshitnigga.gif (675 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
ohshitnigga.gif
675 KB, 400x225
Hello /k/, I might or might not be in serious trouble.

Greentext time

>see gunbroker auction for a handgun I want
>bid on it, and win
>contact the guy, he asks to have the info from the FFL I want it shipped to
>I go to my local FFL and they email their info out to him
>gun gets shipped out via USPS
>everything seems fine so far
>1 hour ago:
>get a call from my FFL
>they inform me that the gun arrived, but...
>the guy who shipped the gun was not an FFL, and did not use a 3rd party FFL to ship the gun
>this is 100% illegal for him to do via USPS. You have to be an FFL to ship handguns that way
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1715
link related
>now the gun store says they've got to call the ATF and have them investigate this, and say they need all the info they can get on this guy
>we decide that I'll call the guy up and convince him to email a picture of his driver's license to them
>it was their idea, and I just want to cooperate
>I call the guy up, and act like it's a normal thing to send a pic of your driver's license to the FFL, and ask him why he didn't
>he doesn't seem to know very much about this, and apologizes, then says he'll do it before the end of the day
>I call the gun store to let them know that the guy agreed
>at this point neither them nor me think that I've broken the law, but we're not 100% sure
>just to clarify: I have not received the gun, nor did I know that this other guy was going to break the law at all
>I just called a criminal defense attorney, but he was at lunch, so I left a message with his secretary

Is there anything else I should do?
Anything more I should know?
Has anyone been in a similar situation before?

pls help
i'm very worried
>>
>>27967015
Come on bitch

Step 1: Just prove you've done your part of due diligence
Step 2: Go to bed, nothing is gonna happen
>>
File: you can't trust the ATF.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
you can't trust the ATF.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>27967015
Just disappear for a few decades and you'll be fine.
>>
Why would you get fucked for someone else doing something illegal? All youre doing is picking up a gun from an FFL. How it got there is none of your business, and nothing you had control over.
>>
Where do you live exactly? If its midwest stateside in anywhere out side a city, youll be fine.
>>
>>27967015
should be all on him anon
>>
>>27967015

Don't see how you would be liable. Just cooperate as you have. Worst case scenario you don't get that gun.

Keep all paperwork on the matter and take him to small claims court to reimburse you if that happens.
>>
>>27967029

I really hope you're right.

I never intended to break the law, and I certainly didn't know he was going to.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the ATF as much as the next guy, but I really don't want to get buttfucked.
>>
>>27967051
You didn't do anything wrong. The dude selling it did.
>>
>>27967031
Ugh Gunsmith Cats

>the only anime I can stand to watch
>no stupid kawaii shit or other things I hate about anime
>Rally is ultimate waifu
>>
Just have them ship it back to him. As the owner of the firearm he can ship it to an FFL even across state lines for service, smithing, etc as long as it is returned to him at his sending address.

To *transfer* the firearm across state lines to you though he will need to re-ship it from his FFL though.

"Any person may ship firearms directly to a licensee in any State, with no requirement for another
licensee to ship the firearm. However, handguns and other concealable firearms are not mailable
through the United States Postal Service and must be shipped via private common or contract
carrier (18 U.S.C. § 1715). The USPS and private common or contract carriers may also have
additional restrictions on firearms shipments by unlicensed persons. Firearms shipped to FFLs
for repair or any other lawful purpose may be returned to the person from whom received
without transferring the firearm through an FFL in the recipient’s State of residence. "
>>
OP here.

Thanks guys, I'm feeling a bit less worried.

Hopefully the lawyer I called has similar things to say.

If this thread is still up when he calls back, I'll hopefully post an update.
>>
>>27967015
You could have at least let the other guy know what was going on. You dont want him to think you ratted him out to the ATF.
>>
>>27967078

I don't think the gun store I'm using is gonna do anything without talking to the ATF first.
They don't want to get raped either,

I kind of wish I could just get rid of it though.
>>
File: atf-goon.jpg (120 KB, 811x1227) Image search: [Google]
atf-goon.jpg
120 KB, 811x1227
>>27967051
why don't you just write the ATF if a "friend" is liable for a crime they didn't commit?
>>
>>27967078
What was the original point of this law? You don't see this kind of shit for other things. Is it just for muh tax moneys?
>>
>>27967090

I'm worried that if I tip him off, he could try turning the tables on me somehow.

ATF got me scared as fuck right now man.

Fuck. I hate what this is doing to me.
>>
>>27967015
the ATF is going to surround your house and kill you
>>
>>27967101
The Gun Control Act of 1968

Passage of the Gun Control Act was initially prompted by the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy in 1963. The President was shot and killed with a rifle purchased by mail-order from an ad in National Rifle Association (NRA) magazine American Rifleman. Congressional hearings followed and a ban on mail-order gun sales was discussed, but no law was passed until 1968. At the hearings NRA Executive Vice-President Franklin Orth supported a ban on mail-order sales, stating, "We do not think that any sane American, who calls himself an American, can object to placing into this bill the instrument which killed the president of the United States."
>>
>>27967071
>no stupid kawaii shit or other things I hate about anime
What are you talking about? It's full of that sort of thing. It's well-done of course, but it's all over the fucking place.
>>
>>27967015
>cooperating with cops

pig enabler.

You didn't break the law, no reason to puss out just yet.
>>
>>27967015
>get a call from FFL
>the guy who shipped the gun was not an FFL
THIS is the point you get an attorney, you fucked up.
>>
Gawd...You are such a fucking faggot OP, holy shit. And fucking over some guy who wasn't even breaking the law on purpose JUST because you're afraid of the ATF, what a douchebag.
>>
>>27967131
Eh.
There is some lewdity.

It's not "Look at me acting like a 12 year old girl while still wanting dat D like Miley Cyrus"

Also. I haven't read the manga
>>
>>27967147

I haven't said anything to the cops/ATF yet.
I'm cooperating with the gun store.

>>27967160
I'm not going to take the slightest chance of letting his mistake ruin my life.
>>
>>27967172
THIS IS A PERFECTLY GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO THROW YOUR LIFE AWAY YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

I demand you call the ATF this instant and scream "fuck da police!" at whoever answers the phone.
>>
you've not broken any law, since you don't have possesion of the gun. Shame for the seller though, going to get buttfucked due to ignorance.
>>
File: g213.jpg (478 KB, 938x479) Image search: [Google]
g213.jpg
478 KB, 938x479
>>27967166
You've missed out on a lot of good anime my friend. Most good fanservice anime and moe pre-2007 or so is the antithesis of what you describe. In fact a lot of good modern moe is that way too. Also read the manga. The OVAs are alright, but they really don't do it justice.
>>
>>27967015

Do you have a dog, Anon?

If yes, I would advise sending it into hiding until this situation resolves itself.
>>
>>27967224
I don't understand a thing in this post
except :
>also read the manga
>>
>>27967172
If your FFL wants to cover their (and your ass) just have them call their local ATF branch office and confirm that they can ship the firearm they received at their FFL address back to the owner in another state at his sending address.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse to not abide by it, but as much fun as it is to bitch about the ATF, they are not out to fuck every single person who makes a mistake in the ass. Since no illegal transfer of the firearm across state lines has occurred it is very unlikely they want to go through the expense of pursuing the seller.
>>
>>27967015
YOU have not broken any laws.

however, the idiot who shipped the firearm to you certainly has...

the atf won't do a damn thing to you.
>>
>>27967102

Say goodbye to your dog.
>>
It's not illegal for the guy to ship the handgun directly to an FFL.

It is illegal to ship a handgun through the USPS however.
>>
>>27967243
>they are not out to fuck every single person who makes a mistake in the ass.
atf goon detected
>>
File: K Hears A Noise.png (402 KB, 724x295) Image search: [Google]
K Hears A Noise.png
402 KB, 724x295
>>27967224
this
>>
>>27967039
Because gun laws even in the US are rarely practical and even if they are are hardly enforceable.
>>
>>27967071
>Rally is ultimate waifu
Sure, if you're a lesbian. You know she only likes girls, right?
>>
>>27967277
If she wanted to have sex with me what would be the point?
>>
>>27967236
So you dislike a whole class of things despite knowing little to nothing about it? Good job Mister Democrat.

>>27967277
You know Sonoda just did that for keks, right? Up until that point she's pretty much portrayed as a sexually naive mechanophile.
>>
>>27967277
LOL I didn't

I thought the anime depicted her as straight.
>>
>>27967332
nigger wat
Just because I don't know all those goddamn abbreviations like moe and OVA doesn't mean that's the reason for dislike

the reason I don't like anime is because that overly lewd stuff and general storyline is shit
>>
>>27967277
What? Rally is an asexual virgin who enjoys the company of women, and is on occasion sexually aroused by firearms.

She's the embodiment of /k/
>>
>>27967360
>the reason I don't like anime is because that overly lewd stuff and general storyline is shit
So you don't know anything about it. It's like judging every novella having only read Of Mice and Men You could just say you've never had much of an interest in it or the concept just doesn't appeal to you so you generally avoid it. Actually judging it without having significant exposure to it is illogical.

>I don't like anime because it's shit
>I don't like guns because they're scary
>I like novellas because I read a really good one once
vs
>anime has never really appealed to me
>guns have never really appealed to me
>I read a really good novella once, so I'm interested in reading more sometime

You can apply this to anything, really. Do what you like, but unless you do a lot of those things you can't judge the entire class of things.
>>
>>27967452
Okay okay you got me

I hate anime because it's the entertainment of choice for neckbeards and NEETs and I don't like to be identified as such.
There I said it.

I felt dirty while watching GSC
>>
>>27967015
You have not picked up a gun, nor made a request for them to ship it to you. He committed a felony by shipping. You've done nothing wrong, but he has. You have no obligation to cooperate in any investigation. Contact the ATF and let them do the work. You are done. Bad news time. That money and gun are down the tube. Sorry Anon.
>>
>>27967015
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>27967480
PS: I watched the english dubbed version

I couldn't even watch the Nip version
>>
The fuck? The guy can send a gun without an FFL involved. He fucked up, they don't have to ruin his life over this.
>>
>>27967480
>>27967489
There we go. That's the spirit. It's okay though. Anime is hip and trendy now, as long as you've only seen one or two subbed shows and you're a normalfag in every other respect. Though if you're here I suspect you've already failed at that.

And the dub is better anyways.
>>
Hope you don't have a dog, OP.
>>
File: 1399587569082.jpg (32 KB, 512x362) Image search: [Google]
1399587569082.jpg
32 KB, 512x362
>>27967559
That's not funny. Okay, maybe a little.
>>
File: mario1.gif (166 KB, 390x339) Image search: [Google]
mario1.gif
166 KB, 390x339
Hey guys, OP here.

I got off the phone with a criminal defense lawyer, and he said what most of you guys seemed to think.

It doesn't appear that I've done anything illegal, and I should be okay.
Looks like no ATF buttrape for me.

Thanks everybody.
>>
File: 1426814755451.jpg (26 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
1426814755451.jpg
26 KB, 457x480
>>27967559
>>
>>27967015
Should've gotten the lawyer first you stupid fuck. You'll probably be fine but why risk it?
>>
File: 1445683438637.gif (498 KB, 298x200) Image search: [Google]
1445683438637.gif
498 KB, 298x200
>>27967559
god anon you made my day
>>
Prosecutorial discretion will probably save your seller.
>>
>>27967866
>should have got the lawyer first

Before what? buying the gun, or cooperating with law enforcement?
>>
>>27968103
The latter. Don't ever talk to the cops without a lawyer, especially if you think you might've done something illegal.
>>
>>27967015

OP you're 100% fine. You didn't do anything wrong. The seller is the one on the hook for this, not you. Chill the fuck out.
>>
The guy that sold you the gun might be angry at you now for his mistake. Watch out for assassins.
>>
Literally nothing to worry about.

And let the seller know. With all the bullshit regulations on firearms, the poor idiot probably unknowingly made a mistake. There's no reason to let him not know that he may be getting a few questions from the ATF soon.
>>
>>27967015
>guy violates USPS policy
>worst case scenario USPS gets pissed at him

Not your problem senpai. Whoop de fucking doo.
>>
>>27967200
Kek'd and checked
>>
>>27967015
You still don't have the gun and your LGS would bethe first to go down.
Why worry you dumb idiot?
>>
File: kill_la_kill_by_sterna-d6p9hn6.jpg (264 KB, 990x1400) Image search: [Google]
kill_la_kill_by_sterna-d6p9hn6.jpg
264 KB, 990x1400
>>27967224
>fanservice
>good

most of the time all it does is draw in plebs and forces companies to make more shit tier anime [enter sword art online in its entirety]

some like kill la kill do it so over the top and make it part of the story, it is actually used properly.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 500x268
>>27967559
>>
>>27967015
Why don't you fulfill the /k/iddie dream of grabbing your SKS and go inna woods, where you can live off the land away from the law for the rest of your life?
>>
File: ryuko.jpg (9 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
ryuko.jpg
9 KB, 299x168
>>27970401
>kill la kill

that show was everything wrong with modern anime, made good. It blatantly ripped off everything about Japanese anime culture and made a joke out of it in the process. the show is nothing but a parody.

with that said, Ryuko is, and always will be my waifu.
>>
>>27967015

Why the would you agree to sell out your fellow american citizen to the ATF you rotten fuck.
>>
>>27967039
Because the ATF takes any chance they can get to shoot your dog.
>>
This is why these laws are bullshit. This asshole is scared to be raped by alphabet soup because some other asshole fucked up the bureaucratic process of legal shipping a handgun.

This is tyranny
>>
>>27970729

Wanna do some McVeigh shit?
>>
>>27970739
I think Timmy is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills feds and doesn’t afraid of anything.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.