[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog tag thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: Laibakas.png (2 MB, 1200x1019) Image search: [Google]
Laibakas.png
2 MB, 1200x1019
Post some of those lovely little metal discs.

Starting off with an Estonian "Laibaraud" ("Corpse iron"). These bear the owner's national identification number, nationality, blood type and religious preference.
>>
>>27964142

Why is the middle perforated? To snap in a certain situation?
>>
>>27964168
It is perforated in case Esti gets smoked, the team/squad leader or who ever, can snap off half the tag to track KIA.
>>
I approve of this topic. Will post mine when I get home from work.
>>
File: Swedogtag[1].jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Swedogtag[1].jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>>27964142
My country issued these to every newborn up until 2010. They display

-Full name
-personal identity number
-place of birth
-date of birth
-blood type (imprinted at the start of military service)
>>
>>27964168

Yeah, they're meant to be broken in half when the owner bites the dust. One half is collected for notification, while the other one stays with the corpse (stuffed in the mouth, no less).
>>
>>27964142
Yeah let me post mine dude no problem. Also is this weapon related?
>>
>>27964195
>Also is this weapon related?

If animu badges and mecha tanks are related, how the christ fuck wouldn't dog tags be?
>>
>>27964207
Anime is retarded, mech's are at least cool to talk about in theory. Same thing if somebody started a space weaponry or something along those lines.

Really though are you expecting people to post their dog tags or what? Even so, what's so cool about them?

>Oh look dude your name and social security number look so cool imprinted on to metal!
>>
TIL dogtags are weapons.
>>
I just have standard us dog tags.
Does anyone know the actual difference between none and no pref? With no pref do they still give a christian burial as default? Doesn't matter to me, if it comes to that I'll be dead already, just curious
>>
>>27964236
Just something to take into consideration if you're unconcious. Like if you're jewish or something they won't use that quick clot that was made out of shellfish. Or give you a blood transfusion if that's part of your religion.
>>
File: 1447714619455.jpg (65 KB, 377x300) Image search: [Google]
1447714619455.jpg
65 KB, 377x300
>>27964207
>Other people shit up the board with irrelevant nonsense so it's alright when I do it!
>>
>>27964246
Oh, I never realized that. I always figured it was for what service to give you after you die.
I'm pretty sure mine say no pref, I hope that doesn't stop them from doing anything.
>>
>>27964261
I mean your next of kin will probably ask what kind of funeral you want anyway when they ship your corpse home. Mine say no pref as well.
>>
>>27964226
>>27964259
Hide the thread if you don't like it, dogtags are military related.
>>
>>27964261
>>27964271
On another note, I knew a dude who had Jedi as his religion.
>>
>>27964295
I've heard of that. I think its pretty stupid. Im to drunk to argue about religion but straight up fictional religions that were made for Hollywood, imo shouldn't be viewed as "real" religions
I guess if s4 doesn't give a shit you could have whatever you want on it though.
>>
>>27964307
I mean whatever your religion is, it's cool and all. But I mean if you're bleeding the fuck out and unconcious, I doubt your medic is just going to let you bleed out, nor will a flight medic not give you a blood transfusion on the bird because of your religion. If anybody actually knows of a situation where that happened, it would be interesting to hear that.
>>
>>27964323
I agree 100%. I havent actually met too many super religious people in the service. I am in the air force on an airforce base though. I know where a bit different from the army or marines.
>>
>>27964278
>dogtags are military related.

That's cool, but they aren't weapon related, you ultrameganewfag.
>>
>>27964307
>Sraight up fictional religion made for Hollywood

>Implying the Bible/Koran/Torah aren't straight up fictional religions made for Vatican/Mecca/Jerusalem

I guess if a "book" is proof, actual film is better, Star Wars confirmed as true. Longer time ago than any religious book.

Can't show me proof.
Can't disprove.
>>
>>27964246
68W here. This is incorrect. Unless you have an allergy tag, field care is universal. There are allowances in Judaism and Islam for involuntary violations of kosher/halal rules.
>>
>>27964358
What is incorrect? I pretty much said field care was universal. Plus there might be allowances, but there are some crazy christian sects that allow no blood transfusions what soever.
>>
>>27964295
>I knew a dude who had Jedi as his religion

If he has "Jediism" congratulate him. If he just has "Jedi" tell him he's a bandwagon pseudonerd and he should be ashamed of himself.
>>
>>27964353
I said I don't want to argue but I think we can gave a discussion. By "Hollywood" religion I meant things that have no historical relevancy. Christianity had a major impact on the world, as did islams, Jews, ect. Nobody had ever heard of Jedi until George Lucas made it up. I know all religions start somewhere but I hope you can see the point I'm trying to make.
If not oh well, I know what Im trying g to say, if I can't convey my thoughts that's on me
>>
>>27964383
He's just an edgy athiest anon. He'll grow out of it one day, but for now your voice falls upon deaf ears.
>>
>>27964371
The thing you said about not using quick clot. Junctional arterial bleeds get combat gauze. Full stop. That happens before you even check tags.

I have had similar conversations before. The whole "tags limit care" thing is one of those bits of pernicious misinformation. Somebody's drill heard it from their first PSG forever ago, and now that said somebody is an e7, they will never be corrected.
>>
>>27964389
I'm not too worried. I'll have a few more shots and forget about this thread all together. I'm all for people believing what they want, I just think some beliefs hold more weight than others. I'm sure Jedi has some good ideals that I could agree with but fro. What I understand its like a parady? Of Buddhism.

I don't know my friend, I know my tags so no pref and sky vodka is low shelf trash.
>>
>>27964413
Well I get the thing about quick clot. I mean obviously you're not going to let one of your guys bleed out, but what about when they have him back at Kandahar and he's obviously unconscious. I was a 12B so I have no idea how things work at that point.

That's what I'm more hinting at and I may have mistakenly thrown a bad example out there
>>
>>27964344
Yeah, he's the newfag, you fucking shit stick
>>
File: 1447644328950.jpg (15 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1447644328950.jpg
15 KB, 600x375
>>27964427
>Claiming to be a different person
>Claiming oldfag status by proxy
>>
>>27964487
I am a different person and I'm not claiming to be anything
>>
>>27964423
Combat medics, flight medics, FST, basically any part of AMED, does not care about your religious preference. That is used by the logistics guys who manage your corpse.

I would love to see the day that NCOs stop perpetuating some bullshit that they "heard once from someone". I have heard so many idiotic things...from the one guy who has the wrong blood type on his tags so they won't harvest his rare organs to the one who tells his Joes that I will put less effort into saving them if they think they are going to heaven.
>>
>>27964575
>Still claiming to be a different person
>Claiming not to have claimed anything
>>
File: IrakKriegM1A1USA.jpg (829 KB, 2064x1392) Image search: [Google]
IrakKriegM1A1USA.jpg
829 KB, 2064x1392
>>27964383
>>27964416

> I'm all for people believing what they want, I just think some beliefs hold more weight than others. I'm sure Jedi has some good ideals that I could agree with but fro. What I understand its like a parady? Of Buddhism.

I'm >>27964353 and well, the anon who replied to me has it right. I applaud him for his attitude of not caring what people believe, although I do think that if religions have to start somewhere, then did Christianity start in the same way, anyway... They used some lovely weapons to make sure Christianity stayed top dog in Europe for 2000 ish years.

>>27964389
This guy though, this guy...
>He's just an edgy athiest anon. He'll grow out of it one day, but for now your voice falls upon deaf ears.

Edgy atheist. I'm not edgy, it's called logic. Using "book as proof" is as valid as saying Star Trek is real because it has books and shows about it. I won't grow out of it, but the world has grown out of every religion prior to all of the Abrahimic beliefs.

Here, have a weapons related picture. Well Weapons system related.
>>
>>27964721
>Edgy atheist. I'm not edgy, it's called logic. Using "book as proof" is as valid as saying Star Trek is real because it has books and shows about it. I won't grow out of it, but the world has grown out of every religion prior to all of the Abrahimic beliefs.
Whatever you say. Believing that some type of intelligence created this universe isn't an illogical conclusion. I don't care if anybody is an athiest, but don't be pretentious and compare it to a sci-fi movie/series to disprove any form of religion. You're just being a faggot at that point.
>>
>>27964736
Intelligence creating universe, sounds Sci-Fi to me
>>
>>27964771
k
>>
File: Intelligence.jpg (26 KB, 423x336) Image search: [Google]
Intelligence.jpg
26 KB, 423x336
>>27964771
Forgot the pic. Damn it all to a non exclusive place of burning in fire forever.
>>
>>27964721
I'm >>27964416
>>27964383
I'm not sure if you agree with me but yes, I truly believe that people ate free to believe whatever they want. I'm not catholic or Muslim or Jewish ect so I don't really gave a dog in this fight. It seems to me you know what I'm saying despite my rambling. Thank you, it's nice to see people look at things from both sides, I stand by my statements though, I don't think Jesus walked on water or turned water into wind but when people say they're "Jedi" or whatever I just look at them like trend y motherduckers and they claim that because its cool not because they actually believe it
>>
File: Germany, Wehrmacht funfair.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Germany, Wehrmacht funfair.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>27964814

>>27964721 again, I am just having a laugh with the other guy. I'm Christened Church of England, but have never practiced in my life. I'm willing to admit there is a "God" if there is irrevocable and tangible proof, so I'm sort of Agnostic, but if people try and ram anything down my throat you should be there. Mormons are a particular favourite of mine (I had them calling me on Friday nights at 11PM GMT when my friends were around while we were pissed, just because they were so willing to try, but if you are and you just get on with life, I don't give a shit.

I do understand what you mean and I get it. I also do not believe in the crap in the Bible.

Walks on water? Ok... Gimme proof.
Turned water into wine? Ok... Gimme proof.
Jediism is part of a trend and I definitely agree that those who follow it are on the bandwagon. I'm just using it as a logical fallacy to bring those who are so damn dogmatic that they foam at the mouth when they see someone questioning religion (or more likely, their religion). If you believe it, then fair does, bust still fuck off (I'm not interested), if you don't believe it, then fuck off even more you band wagon riding arse wipe.

I also stand by my statement of:
>I won't grow out of it, but the world has grown out of every religion prior to all of the Abrahimic beliefs.

Because if I do somehow start to believe it will be because of "proof", which will mean that I did not grow out of it, because it is already what I believe right now.

Also here, have the Wehrmacht and SS having a day off.
>>
>>27964814
I think we're on the same page and have a similar mindset. Thank you for not sperging out and understanding my point if view.

That gif is great I wish my child hood was spent tossing grenades and spinni g around in AA guns.

Have a great day anon, I hope we talk again sometime
>>
>>27964848
This anon btw
>>27964736
I even stated earlier that my religious preference on my dog tags was "NO-REL-PREF"
I even give mormons a hard time. You came from a very strong atheistic (fedora) standpoint and that ticked me off.

Having stated that you are agnostic has lighted my harsh opinion of you, but you really are not in any better position to tell somebody that Jesus didn't walk on other, and likewise somebody else isn't in a better situation to tell you the opposite.

Try to have respect for people's beliefs is my only point. Except for muslims.
>>
>>27964875
I'm on here at all times anon. Insomnia and knee problems make an unemployed man of me.

But I do agree, if I could be Hitler Jugend and shoot 5 round bursts from a...

I did actually but it wasn't an MG34. I got to shoot an L86 LSW (the failed LMG brother of the L85) and throw a dummy grenade at an open day about 15 years ago. After which I was given an invite to Altcar Rifle Ranges (I'm a Brit, if you didn't notice already). Fun times as a young boy.

Might as well have another webm. This time is of Kebab, needing to be of removed from driver seat, while removing kebab from driver seat.
>>
>>27964902
I had no idea you were a Brit. Im a Yankee hailing from massachusetts. Most fun I've had I'm my military career is shooting the 240/249. I wish I could say it was the 203 but I've only fired cheeto rounds from it.
>>
>>27964918
240B = L7 over here. It's lovely, but heavy as fuck, had to carry one for a few hours during a weekend with the army pre-selection and for straight off civvie street, that shit was hard.

249 = L110A1 Never used it per se but have got to finger fuck them on many occasions.

I did get to finger fuck an M4A1 with M203 at an airshow. That was lovely.
>>
File: 1444071902048.png (1 MB, 680x567) Image search: [Google]
1444071902048.png
1 MB, 680x567
>>27964918
Also, sorry for delay my knee has just pretty much imploded on me after walking to see a neighbour.

But you god damn Massachusites, getting rid of our tea and renouncing the rule of the King. You utter bastards.

Kek. Pic unrelated.
>>
I have one that was my great grandfathers from WWI. Give me some time /k/ I'll post it in a bit.
>>
Mine are hanging from my rearview mirror because I'm a douche!
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.