[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can you tell me on Russian armed forces, /k/? They puzzle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: putin-war-room-ap.jpg (272 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
putin-war-room-ap.jpg
272 KB, 1368x1026
What can you tell me on Russian armed forces, /k/? They puzzle me. One day I am reading reports on Kuznetsov being dragged to port via tugboat the other seeing this (new Russian War room).

I mean they are not Pre-invasion Iraq tier or DPROK/Chinese tier "we make it look good and pretend it has all kind of stuff integrated", but I'd say they are unable to mess with anyone beyond Ukraine.

If Russia bordered South Korea-type state I think the's be BTFO no problem.
>>
Russia gonna fragment and collapse within 5-10 years. The real task will be how will the United States keep Russian nukes from falling into rogue hands.
>>
>>27964128
I genuinely want to know why you said that
>>
>>27964140
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Next_100_Years
The founder of STRATFOR ought to know something.
>>
>>27964121
They focus of their ground, missle, and air capabilities and don't give many shits about naval capacity. They still are a world leader in defense exports and generally focus on counter-acting Western technology and doctrine assymetrically rather than having constant armraces that they know they could win. Their entire military is based around deterrence. From their reliance on ground based AA systems as deterrence, to their recent investment in APS hardkill and softkill for their MBTs. To be honest I'd say on a strategic level and geopolitical level they have much more competent people in charge which is why they were able to do what they did in the Ukraine and what they're doing now in the middle East. They've shown that they know American and Western limits very well and are willing to stick their dicks in our faces just enough that we don't bite them. Now unfortunately they do lack some of the logistics of the US and her allies (whom mostly rely on US logistics anyway). As for your ROK comparison I'd say Russia could handle the ROK quite easily if they were neighbors.
>>
>>27964152
*that they couldn't win
>>
>>27964148
Kinda crazy that he predicts WWIII starting 35 years from now tomorrow.
>>
>>27964121

The Russian army is huge and spread across a massive chunk of land, so it's a very mixed bag. Think ultra-elite Spetsnaz dudes with top-shelf gear right next door to semi-retarded conscripts with 1970s gear and rusty old AKMs.
>>
>>27964163
I don't think he takes that exact date serious just a rough speculation. Personally I'm glad I'm an American and can't wait for Exo skeleton suits.
>>
>>27964173
This may be from watching too many late night replays of Red Dawn, but I genuinely believe that because the populace of the United States is so well armed, we already have an advantage in case of an enemy invasion.
>>
>>27964148
>Establishing regional spheres of influence, Turkey and Japan will begin to threaten American interests. The growth of Turkish and Japanese naval power, and their military activities in space will be particularly disturbing to the United States.

>In the mid-21st century, around the year 2050, a Third World War will take place, between the United States, the "Polish Bloc," Britain, India, and China on one side, and Turkey and Japan on the other, with Germany and France entering the war in its late stages on the side of Turkey and Japan

What the fuck is this nigga on?
>>
>>27964165
>semi-retarded conscripts with 1970s gear and rusty old AKMs
Literally no. Not even a thing anymore. Hell they don't even have first model Ak-74 rifles anymore. They keep some AKMs around for urban stuff but aside that... No... Just fuck off with
>Russia dumb untrained Soviet equipment conscrip
Meme already. It's old. It's tired. You shouldn't underestimate the enemy.
>>
>>27964188
Gee I dunno, how about a private intel Corp used by the US gov known as STRATFOR?
>>
>>27964203
Find the pdf version and happy reading, STRATFOR also has a YouTube channel with news broadcasts. Understanding geopolitics is the real road to being red pilled.
>>
>>27964203
Amazing references for someone who claims a dying country and a country a step away from 1979-Iran style revolution are any competition for anyone.

Seriously, these are some DPROK-level delusions.
>>
>>27964188
Or America can keep fueling the Middle Eastern fires to keep everybody occupied.
>>
File: 3.gif (2 MB, 230x220) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
2 MB, 230x220
>>27964188
You're clearly a spy for the Turkish/Japanese alliance.
>>
>>27964237
Ivan please. What are you on about? If you know better please let the US gov know, they pay STRATFOR good money for intel, I'm sure they'd pay you even more for even better intel!
>>
>>27964184
Bunch of neckbeards weebd autist niggers spics and redneck with shitty ars wont do much agains a tank you delusional american fuck

usayyxx numb 1 wowewowre enjoy white minority and tyrones dick in your ass while getting shouted at by sjw feminist landwhales

usa is csncer of world but thank god its rotting from the inside
>>
>>27964442
>Implying all a modern military uses are tanks

>What is infantry
>>
>>27964121
Russia, just like Africans, are all about appearances. They're always image conscious and are more concerned with how they look to everyone else than how they actually are. Once you realize this, everything Russia does starts to make sense.
>>
Nuclear weaponry is misunderstood and it exists as an abstract concept in people's mind. Nuclear weapons are both far more destructive on a tactical level than most people realize and far less destructive on a global "everything on earth dies" level.

With that being said, despite what a lot of people would emphatically say, the Russian military is a nuclear power first and a conventional military second. From a conventional military perspective they are probably #2 or #3, but the difference is far closer between #2-#5 than it is to #2 and #1. If you were to factor nuclear weapons in the equation, they are by far the #2 power and could definitely put a decent amount of hurt on the US before probably losing. However, military leadership goes a long way I would not put it past someone like Jeb or George Bush to literally lose a military confrontation with Russia.
>>
>>27964442
>Roses are red,
>Russian soldiers being hanged by shitty Afghan militias are blue,
>Jamal with Cletus with a Rem 700 and Hi Point,
>Will manage, to fuck you.
-t. Someone who's informed.
>>
>>27964191
Yeah. Past conscripts were in the army for several years, modern conscripts are only there for 1, so they're even less competent.

To be fair, Russia has recently (<2 years) discovered sock technology and shower technology for their soldiers, so disease (except when transmitted through barracks rapes) isn't as bad as it used to be.
>>
>>27964442
>Bunch of neckbeards weebd autist niggers spics and redneck with shitty ars wont do much agains a tank you delusional american fuck

an infantry force could theoretically take down an armored and air supported force if they had a significant number advantage and were extremely motivated and led

tanks and planes can't drive around indefinitely and run out of ammo eventually
>>
>>27964653
>Nuclear weapons are both far more destructive on a tactical level than most people realize and far less destructive on a global "everything on earth dies" level.

Please go be 11 somewhere else.
>>
>>27964669
>Please go be 11 somewhere else.

how does that opinion make me 11

I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>27964669
>not realizing nuclear winter was deliberate propaganda by cold war scientists to discourage conflict
>not realizing it's climate models were disproved after study of the first Gulf War oil well fires
>>
>>27964121
>but I'd say they are unable to mess with anyone beyond Ukraine.
Dude. There is no military force in the entirety of Europe that can defeat the Russians if we weren't there saving their asses with our troops and bases.

If we are being honest, the Russians would steamroll through Europe all the way to France if we weren't there, because none of our "allies" like spending money on their militaries. And that's not counting their nukes. And the Russians have far better force projection if we limit it to the region rather than make it an intercontinental war against us.

And that's the reason we really require high defense spending with our military.

That said
>caring about Russian naval strength
Have you looked at a map of the Russian Federation and the countries they border? Do you really think they need a navy to wreck the countries around them? The Syrian war just showed they have missiles and long-range bombers that can go ways away.

The distances that their ordnance traveled from their borders in these operations can cover the entirety of Ukraine, Poland, the Baltics, Finland, Sweden, Turkey, and the eastern Balkans. If you include Kaliningrad, they can strike Berlin easily.

As for South Korea, the Russians have a million man army. SoKor is like just half of that.

>>27964188
>Turkey and Japan will begin to threaten American interests
If Turkey goes full Islamist and Japan further dives into militarism again, there's no telling what will happen in the future.
>>
>>27964689
>If we are being honest, the Russians would steamroll through Europe all the way to France if we weren't there

That's not because the Russians are good, though. It's because the US military presence enabled the EU to stop spending on its own forces.
>>
>>27964689
>If we are being honest, the Russians would steamroll through Europe all the way to France if we weren't there

and probably stop at the English Channel and fail to conquer the middle east
>>
>>27964690
>It's because the US military presence enabled the EU to stop spending on its own forces.
I don't think so. The EU is kind of weak, if we look at their politics. They have loons in power that say they want to scrap their nukes and armies. And their governments are all geared towards social welfare, so they don't have as much money to spend on defense. The reason we are strong is because he don't do that (yet).

>>27964691
If Corbyn becomes PM and Iran/Syria prevails in the current Sunni-Shia proxy wars, they don't need to.
>>
>>27964699
>If Corbyn becomes PM and Iran/Syria prevails in the current Sunni-Shia proxy wars, they don't need to.

invading the British Isles without a navy is literally impossible as history has routinely proved, and conquering the middle east without almost entirely focusing on doing so is extremely difficult
>>
>>27964690
Even though everyone agreed to spend 2% of the GNP on the military.
>>
>>27964621
this is pretty much all you need to know about russia
>>
For a long time there has been notion that Russian army is this lumbering, alcoholic, undisciplined beast. Then there was this swift takeover of Crimea and deployement in Syria meant to demonstrate the result of long overdue reform their military has been going through since 2008 (and which really had some impact). I'd say, as usually, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. With the exception of their paratroopers, naval infantry, special forces and a few newly formed regular brigades most of Russia’s military is still rubbish.

Out of 700k active troops they currently have only 1/3 have been properly modernized, not on the level with British or American forces, but something closer to southern NATO flank. The rest are pretty much the same untrained and under-equipped horde disposable to throw in Soviet-style zerg rush attacks. More or less enough to defend their own borders without resorting to tactical nukes, but insufficient for long-arm force projection abroad.
>>
File: us_collapse.jpg (114 KB, 1155x905) Image search: [Google]
us_collapse.jpg
114 KB, 1155x905
>>27964128
T O P C U C K
O
P

C
U
C
K

It's the US that will break apart, see pic related.
Russian scientists have been predicting the demise of the US for years.
>>
>>27965081
>More or less enough to defend their own borders without resorting to tactical nukes, but insufficient for long-arm force projection abroad.

So basically the same Russia has been for the past 1000 years.
>>
>>27965269
>South Carolina
>May join the EU
Sure
>>
>>27965269
Under any foreign influence other than maybe a bit of aid. Haha
>>
>>27965269
Which US successor state would end up with the most nukes?
>>
>>27965269
>florida
>part of the texas republic
>>
>>27964690
>It's because the US military presence enabled the EU to stop spending on its own forces.
Europoors yet again find a way to blame America for their problems.
>>
>>27964121
>Ask about Russian armed forces
>Post a DOTA tournament
>>
>>27964689
The EU combined though probably could. They have more soldiers overall and often better tech. If led by the Brits or the French and everyone worked together they could defeat russia.

Brits could probably destroy the baltic fleet by itself.

A suprise attack with you limited objectives could achieve a bit for the Russians. Though Poland would probably see red and declare war by itself if that was to occur.

If Europe isn't united the Russians would win though
>>
>>27965335
Texas would be the dominant power in that union, the Californian Republic and Atlantic America better watch their backs.
>>
>>27964188
>>27964148

>Trying to predict the next 100 years
>No one's even been able to see into the next year, let alone the next 100
>Thinking trends don't do about-faces on the regular

If someone in 1910 had made predictions for 2010 and they turned out accurate we'd still be watching the German and Russian Empires vying for control over Konigsberg while the Hapsburgs tried to expand their influence in Africa with their fleet of armored dirigibles
>>
>>27964442
>Bunch of neckbeards weebd autist niggers spics and redneck with shitty ars wont do much agains a tank you delusional american fuck

Pls explain that to rice farmers, dirt farmers, and goatfuckers. Thx.
>>
>>27964666
>Russia has recently (<2 years) discovered sock technology

Expect to see a decline in barracks rape as they familiarize themselves with the new technology.
>>
>>27964442
I found the tiny penised north korean
>>
>>27965505
Good on yer! Now put it back where you found it and go wash your hands.

Wait... Please tell me you did not feed that disgusting thing.
>>
>>27964148
I got as far as the Turkish-Japanese sneak attack on thanksgiving 2050

What in the actual fuck
>>
>>27965278
Yeah, except for at least three occasions in the last 300 years when they steamrolled over the whole continental Europe.
>>
>>27964442
So the goatfuckers, rice farmers who kicked Chinese/French/American troops out of vietnam, American revolutionaries, Bolsheviks, FARC, and Mexican drug cartels never have existed and a similar group would pose no threat to the glorious invader army??
>>
>>27965269
Dude if Russia thinks "The Texas Republic" will go to Mexico I really question their long-term strategic thinking. Same with the Midwest going to Canada. And everything between PA and SC going to the EU is beyond laughable.
>>
>>27965269
Also we bought Alaska fair and square.
>>
>>27965269

>Soviets predicting American collapse is imminent for years.
>Does not predict their own collapse
>Soviet Union implodes
>America's face when
>>
>>27965269
>literally just dividing the country by borders and saying that they're just going to align with the nearest regional power in that direction

I still can't even begin to fathom how this guy came up with this nonsense.
>>
>>27964255
Intel and psychic foresight are two completely different things.

I have no doubt this guy is a foremost expert on geopolitics, military strategy, and intelligence gathering, but if you want to predict the future of the world you would need to be an expert in just about every field of study known to man.
>>
>>27964231
> stratfor
open source data and unverified rumors "analyzed" by hasbeens and wannabes, packaged and sold to bourgeois idiots who want to feel like the Big Game is being played for their amusement (or profit)
>>
>>27965269
Wow I really rustled Russian jimmies with muh George Friedman. Russians really hate George Friedman and STRATFOR. They troll their YouTube channel everyday. Enjoy your last days Ivan.
>>
>>27965946
All this damage control by Russians. They're really scared.
>>27965928
>>
>>27965956
kek. not russian. I just happen to have had access to STRATFOR "intelligence" product for a couple of years
it's shit.
you can prove to yourself that it's shit by taking their past "predictions" and "analyses" and seeing how many have come to pass or be confirmed...
but keep masturbating to it if it makes you feel moist.
>>
File: Selection_002.png (267 KB, 713x624) Image search: [Google]
Selection_002.png
267 KB, 713x624
>>27965404
Seriously.

Nobody would have believed that UK and France would have lost their empires and become one step away from being USA vassals.

And that the greatest threat faced by the West was a bunch of lone, angry sandpeople making bombs in their basements and using old Russian arms.

And that Asia would rise and start surpassing the West. Imagine reading a report suggesting that India would have access to advance space technologies to launch British satellites, as the British did not have the capabilities to do so on their own. Everybody would have laughed at that crazy prediction.
>>
>>27965736
>Yeah, except for at least three occasions in the last 300 years when they steamrolled over the whole continental Europe.

Yeah Russia did great in WW1.
>>
>>27965843
Have you seen the predicted demographic shift in the southern U.S? Beaners galore, if the union collapsed in 2050 they would happily give you to Mexico.
>>
>>27966406
You may find it shocking, but Europe's history isn't confined within the span of two world wars. First time Russians ever captured Berlin was in 1760. That's two decades before the United States even came into existence.
>>
>>27966384
Sand people are no threat to the west, the west is already destroyed, forgotten by its progeny.
>>
>>27966579
>You may find it shocking, but Europe's history isn't confined within the span of two world wars. First time Russians ever captured Berlin was in 1760. That's two decades before the United States even came into existence.

You may find it shocking but Germany is basically Russia.

hth
>>
File: audism.jpg (22 KB, 480x335) Image search: [Google]
audism.jpg
22 KB, 480x335
>>27965269
>1/3 of Dixieland running off and joining the europoors
>an independent Texas tolerating Mexico's shit
>GIB ALASKIYA BEK OCTOBER 18 1867 WORST DAY IN HISTORY OF MOTHERLAND NEVER 5GET
>>
>>27964121
Damn the layout of that room blows ass.
>>
File: 200px-Brusilov_Aleksei_in_1917.jpg (17 KB, 200x313) Image search: [Google]
200px-Brusilov_Aleksei_in_1917.jpg
17 KB, 200x313
>>27966406
> Russia did great in WW1
>>
>>27965269
>SC and TN not joining the Texas Republic

Into the Trash it goes
>>
Russia got literally raped by Chechens, who brought and sold Russian soldiers as fuckslaves. Many of these same Chechens later became the elite of ISIS. Even today, Moscow pays tribute to the Chechen to stop them killing and raping them.
>>
>>27967625
>implying Texas wouldn't get BTFO by the east coast
>>
>>27964191
Your gear is irrelevant when you don't have any faith in your officers because they rape and abuse you. Many units have shit morale.
And yes this is still a big problem in the Russian armed forces.
>>
>>27964128
They already did that after the USSR collapsed, the US can probably do it again.
>>
>>27965269
>Scientists
>Literally one guy
Okay
>>
>>27964121

Russia has never been a naval power. Their strength has always been ground forces.
>>
>>27965862
Well, to be fair, 99% of the western world did not think the USSR collapse. There was one french guy in the '70s who was laughed at.
>>
>>27965887
You made my day
>>
>>27965887
I don't think the map comes from the guy, just saying.
>>
Without the USA, I'd say Russia could take over the Baltics, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Czech, Large parts of Germany, perhaps Hungary.
Or if they streamlined to Paris(and ignored All countries not in the way), they could make it to France, but that would mean Tha Balkan NATO countries would still exist with their armies.
>>
>>27964689
>thinking the current russian military could steamroll anything but a 3rd world nation
Europe's armies are hardly tip-top and everything, but they're good enough to keep Russia from going for a full conquest of the continent.
>>
>>27965269
>Canada gets the mid-west
Why the fuck are we being punished!?
>>
>>27968850
Given that we'd more than triple their population, I think we'd be able to get our way.
>>
>>27964442
Wew lad
>>
>>27964660
Perfect example of retarded amerifat
>>
>>27965316
17. States with the largest number of nuclear weapons (in 1999): New Mexico (2,450), Georgia (2,000), Washington (1,685), Nevada (1,350), and North Dakota (1,140)

http://www.brookings.edu/about/projects/archive/nucweapons/50
>>
File: 2nd chechen.png (20 KB, 328x394) Image search: [Google]
2nd chechen.png
20 KB, 328x394
>>27967771
>got literally raped by Chechens
Mountain savage please.
>>
>>27968258
>rape meme
Again.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.