[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he in the right, /k/? How will libtards defend this? ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 17
File: 1448206693150.jpg (96 KB, 839x436) Image search: [Google]
1448206693150.jpg
96 KB, 839x436
Was he in the right, /k/? How will libtards defend this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVj7Jjq1D_M
>>
>>27960696
That's murder. That cop deserves to go to prison forever.
>>
>>27960715
kill yourself
>>
>>27960696
probably with a time machine, considering this is from years ago and it's still justified
>>
File: taze me bro.png (2 MB, 2100x1729) Image search: [Google]
taze me bro.png
2 MB, 2100x1729
>>27960696
uh yeah wtf? the dude was just walking... not running... not yelling threats... wqhat about pic related
>>
>>27960731
The cop should kill himself.
>>
>>27960715
Armed, approaching cop, not following basic instructions. It's a felony to not abide by __flight_attendant's__ instructions. This was completely suicide by cop.
>>
>>27960696
Man they sure effectively stopped that suicide, by murdering him.
>>
We've had this thread a million times.
The cop was in the right when he fired, but he was in the wrong when he entered the building.

If he was smart he would have stayed outside and called for backup. Staying outside and trying to communicate from there means that the perp is only capable of harming himself. The officer entering the building just complicates the situation and makes everything more dangerous.
Anyway I feel bad for the cop because he was obviously trying to do the right thing and it was a shitty situation all around.
>>
>>27960800
The guy was in his own home. In his own kitchen. With a kitchen knife.

The cop invaded his home and started spewing unlawful orders. He was in no danger, but even if he was in danger, it was only that which he put himself in. All he had to do was go out the door, and then there's no danger whatsoever.

He shot that man completely without provocation. He deserves the same that we would do to any other cold blooded murderer.
>>
File: 1446930053695.jpg (5 KB, 235x220) Image search: [Google]
1446930053695.jpg
5 KB, 235x220
>>27960696
>I need you in this house right now. Put the knifes-- I will swootchu.
>>
>>27960831
What video did you watch?
>>
>>27960696

>spends 100000 hours in gun ranges
>cant aim at anything other than center mass

So the cops taze unarmed people.
The cops shoot people with knives.

Why are US cops such jokes?
>>
>>27960874
The one in OP's link that shows a cold blooded murder. I want to be on the jury trying that cop. I would send him to prison forever.
>>
File: 1423828611076.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
1423828611076.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>27960893
>>spends 100000 hours in gun ranges
>>
>>27960696
>guy is suicidal
>wife calls cops to talk him down
>cops shoot him
PROTECT AND SERVE
>>
>>27960893
>All these fatasses sitting behind computer screens thinking they know how they will act in pressure situations.
>>
>>27960893
He's spent 11+ years of his life at a range?

How old do you think that cop is?

Lifelong military men don't end up with that much range time.
>>
>>27960893
Please, I probably logged more hours at a gun range before turning 10 than most cops log their entire careers.
>>
>>27960934
>>27960954
>>27961022
>>27960913

So youre saying that his incompetence is exusable, because he lacked training?

Thanks for making my point.
>>
>>27961041
>excusable
Nobody's excusing anything.
>>
>>27960928
>implying that's not what she wanted
>>
>>27961086

So you agree that the video shows murder, due to incompetence?
>>
should have taken out the wife too
>>
File: 1409477702570.jpg (169 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1409477702570.jpg
169 KB, 1200x1200
>>27961022
>>
>>27960696
>YOU CAN'T KILL YOURSELF! ONLY I CAN KILL YOU!

So controlling these cops are.
>>
>>27960696
no, while the guy was approaching him he did not make any threatening/sudden moves and the cop wasnt backed against a wall or anything. then again what do i know im just some faggot on a computer.
>>
>>27961097
Police were invited by a homeowner (the wife) to help with a person who was planning on hurting himself.
The cop had a duty to enter the house and attempt to prevent the guy from harming himself.
The cop had every legal right to shoot the guy.
1) He was armed
2) The cop had reason to believe he was violent
3) He was approaching the cop and refusing to obey lawful orders.

Self defense, pure and simple.
>>
>>27961097
Sure, man, whatever.
Guy's been dead for years. Chill out.
>>
>>27961170
>while the guy was approaching him he did not make any threatening/sudden moves
Thats not a legal requirement to be able to defend yourself.
>>
>>27961171

Can you not see the irony in your post? If there is anything to be learned here, don't call the police unless you want the person shot as that is all the police will do.
>>
>>27961171
Cops have no duty to protect citizens.
>>
>>27961209
It's true but it's also true that they are legally able to kill some dickhead most of the time.
>>
I've been wondering why they don't send two guys to respond to things like this.

Like one guy has a shotgun with bean bags and the other with a regular gun with non-nonlethal rounds just in case.

I suppose if the guy lights off with the bean bag gun the other cop might go full retard and open up too.
>>
>>27960831
>unlawful orders
No.
>>
>>27960831
>>27960911
The woman called the police because the guy was "trying to cut himself" as the woman said in the beginning. Suicide is illegal and the cop had a legal right to enter the house considering that the man was in danger.
The man approached the officer with a lethal weapon and would not comply with even basic previous instructions. Judging by what the woman said, the man was not in a good mental state and clearly not thinking rationally.
The cop was completely justified.
>>
Even a civilian in that situation would have every right to shoot.

The 5 principles of self defense:
>Imminence
The threat was immediate.
>Innocence
Pretty clear he wasn't committing a crime by entering the house.
>Proportionality
As the knife represented the risk of serious bodily harm or death, the use of deadly force was proportional.
>Avoidance
As Idaho is a SYG state, the shooter has no duty to retreat from any location where he has a lawful right to be.
As he was called over by a homeowner (the wife) he had every legal right to be there.
>Reasonableness
It was reasonable to assume that the guy was a threat. The shooter had been told that the guy was violent, and he was armed with a deadly weapon. He was also advance on the shooter.

Bottom line, anyone in that situation would be legally allowed to use deadly force to defend themselves.
>>
omg what an awful cop

the cop should have waited until he was having his throat stabbed out before shooting :(((
>>
>>27961236
beanbags are not non lethal, theyre less than lethal, you hit a guy in the head/heart he can still die
>>
>>27961209
Or, if you don't want to get shot, don't advance on a guy who is armed with a deadly weapon

>>27961227
You are misunderstanding that ruling.
Once the cop has been given the task, he has a duty, the ruling in question regarded whether a policeman has a duty to intervene in criminal activity he is not active in.
Perhaps you should read it.
>>
Were going to prevent the criminal act of suicide by killing the perp ourselves.

Fuck yeah.
>>
>>27961318
He did not enter the home intending to shot the guy to prevent the suicide.
He only shot to defend himself.
>>
>>27960696
The suspect disobeyed orders continuously and kept advancing on the officer with a weapon even when the officer drew down on him. Given that the suspect was already reported suicidal and was wanted for a car crash it looks like classic SBC. The officer was justified, he tried to de-escalate the situation multiple times and it didn't work before using lethal force.
>>
>>27961346

Or he could have not entered the house and waited, which is what police need to learn to do.
>>
>>27961242
Murder is never justified. That piglet clearly thinks himself above the law. If he got away with this murder, then we need vigilantism to bring justice for the victim.
>>
>>27961355
Considering he had a duty to try to prevent the guy from hurting himself, I'd say you are pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>27961356
>Murder is never justified.
It was self defense in every possible legal definition.
>>
>>27961355
waited for what exactly? the guy to kill himself?
>>
>>27961367

Lol, the mental gymnastics piglets go through to rationalize their actions
>>
>>27961355
Checked.
The woman called the police over and told them he had a knife and was going to cut himself, in addition to this the suspect was wanted for questioning because of a car crash, the officer had every right to enter the house at that point. Then the suspect decided t ok escalate and not obey, the officer followed the use of force continuum and only used lethal force at the end after attempting to de-escalate multiple times. If I were in that situation I would have done the same thing as a civilian or as a police officer.
>>
File: 1438136297003.jpg (37 KB, 320x353) Image search: [Google]
1438136297003.jpg
37 KB, 320x353
I'm not a friend of cops but you tend to win stupid rewards if you go ahead and play stupid games.
>>
>>27961356
>>27961318

Good to see the fedoring wearing neckbeards are out in full force tonight.
>>
>>27961261
Well no shit. But still better than 5 9mm JHP to the torso.
>>
>>27961379
No it wasn't. The pig invaded that man's home, and shot him in his kitchen holding a common kitchen implement. But for the piglet's criminal actions, no murder could have occurred. Ergo, the pig is responsible for the death. It's capital, premeditated murder in the commission of another felony, to wit the home invasion.

If the government will not hold him accountable, then clearly the government is not serving the public's interest.
>>
>>27961464
2/10
You tried too hard with the "Common Kitchen Implement" part.
>>
>>27961392

Yes.
As the alternative would be even more likely to result in death.

What do you expect the outome to be of a mentally unstable person with a knife interacting with a cop?
>>
>>27961464
>have knife
>walk towards cop with drawn gun
Yeah man, brilliant fucking idea.
>>
>>27961464
Stop baiting, the wife called the police meaning the police had every right to enter
>>
>>27960831
Hello there sovereign citizen
>>
Now im quite uninformed but is it not possible to shoot his legs or something the range wasn't that far and should of been easy
>>
>>27961482
So your options are let the man kill himself or have the cop attempt to intervene but ultimately have to kill the man in self defense. But the cop is obviously a murderer because if he hadn't gone in the man would've gone back to normal on his own with no problem?

>>27961519
there's femoral arteries in the legs, which would be kind of unfortunate to sever. And when a man is rushing at you with a knife, you want him to stop before he has a chance to stick that knife into your torso, so not really time to be picky
>>
File: 1447697928540.jpg (51 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1447697928540.jpg
51 KB, 514x536
>>27961464
>>27961401
>>27961356
>>27960911
>>27960831
>>27960715
How can anyone be this fucking stupid?
>>
>>27961519
Shooting to wound is Illegal as fuck and would leave that officer without a job and paying off the victims medical bills
>>
File: 1418611733402.jpg (92 KB, 817x434) Image search: [Google]
1418611733402.jpg
92 KB, 817x434
>>27961519
Shooting is always considered lethal force regardless of where you're aiming, and you're only supposed (repeat, supposed; pic related) to shoot when you absolutely need to. Having the luxury of aiming for the leg means you didn't need to shoot.
>>
>>27961547

Yes, people who want to kill themselves, kill themselves. There is no evidence that cops contribute positively to these situations while there is plenty of evidence showing tht they escalate them and and actually kill the person.

The correct decision is contain the threat and then call in psychologists.
>>
>>27961519
>shoot his legs
>severs his femoral artery
>he bleeds to death
>"Oops, I was just shooting to wound, not defending myself :((("

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b45_1442630788
>>
>>27961518
>>27961556
How does that piglet boot taste on your tongue? I bet it tastes like mud and shit. Oh well, those boots won't clean themselves, right?
>>
>>27960696
Op, that was justified.

>For examples of not justified:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFYTtgZAlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSfOBPlY2n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWSjRWIVFM

>for no knock warrant general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kKOAi-UjGw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb07-EWfGCg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoc8j4vV_Ac

There is a real problem with law enforcement and the eroding of civil liberties in this country, particularly with regards to private property and gun ownership. Vote, write your state politicians.
>>
>>27961741
>SWAT
not even once
>>
File: Fuck You.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You.gif
1 MB, 480x270
I'm not gonna contribute in any way to this pointless 'no ur rong n im rite' circlejerk, I'd just like to point out that if you look closely the kid with the knife(Just before he was shot) seems to be raising his right arm, which presumably had the knife in it. Raising a weapon and preparing to strike.
Now lets look at the facts, instead of following the previous anon's examples of trying to bend facts to suit their own agenda:
>There was a man, who had just gotten into a car accident.
>He didn't take the appropriate actions by leaving insurance information(Assuming there was someone else involved in the accident.) which I believe violates a law.
>The officer was called by a resident of the house to ensure the safety of everyone there, and he had a legal right to enter the home.
I believe he was already warned that the guy was attempting to hurt himself.
>He entered the home, very hesitantly, and warned the guy to drop the knife(Which in my opinion is a tool, and not a weapon until you intend to use it as one which I'll get into later).
>The guy failed to listen to basic commands, as pointed out, by an officer of the law.
>If he was innocent he could have proved so in court.
>He began to walk towards the officer, and refused to drop the weapon, which is a big no-no
>He then RAISED a knife in preparation to attack an officer of the law, who had warned him to drop the knife.
>The officers life was now in danger.
>The officer was also in an unfamiliar area, and if he were to retreat(As some people suggested) out the door, he could have tripped over an object which would put his life in serious risk.
Keep in mind that if the officer had turned his back to try and get out the door, he would be fucking retarded, and his autism would be caught on camera
>Even worst, if he managed to get outside away from him, the lives of the other residents of the house would be at stake.

1/2
>>
File: 1445485019327.png (17 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1445485019327.png
17 KB, 625x626
>>27961738
>>
>>27961802
Retards can pretend 'hurr pohleece brutality' all they want, but one thing I've noticed about these kinds of people is that they never look at the full picture. They take only the bits and pieces of a story that fit their warped ideas of reality.
And I mean, we saw the true nature of the people who claim 'Police brutality' during the ferguson riots when instead of protesting police brutality, they took the riots as an opportunity to pillage and loot stores(Some which didn't even have anything to do with the shooting)
>>
Hmmm.. What do you guys think of a taser attached in front of the trigger guard? Even if he misses with the taser he can still shoot? Maybe that would've prevented suicide or prevented the cop from shooting him.
>>
>>27961189
So what you're saying is if he had a knife and was standing 100 feet away from him and walking towards it would be ok to shoot him at 95 feet
>>
>>27961802
>>27961817
I also forgot to emphasize that the officer was there to retrieve insurance information from the person who was in the car crash, which not only gives him the legal right to enter the home, he was expected and legally had to uphold the law and get that information from him.
>>
>>27961670
To respond to that video, in all fairness, I think Iran would be the kind of country to have the kind of "I do what I want" attitude when stopping criminals. After all, they were probably going to end up cutting his hands off if he's a thief. Shariah law is prevalent in Iran, right?

Also, damn, dude's bleeding to death on the street and cars are honking to get people out of their way to get to their shit. How often does shit like this happen?
>>
>>27961741
and I will absolutely shoot a cop right in the face if I see him in my home with a gun.

There is no legitimate reason. I'm not a criminal. I do not do drugs. I have no illegal items. I don't hang out with criminals. I work, I pay taxes and there is no reason to think that SWAT will EVER be busting my door down.

So that being the case, I'm asleep one night and I'm woken up by a loud crash and people screaming. I grab my gun off the nightstand, then half a second later see a silhouette of a man with a gun. He's getting shot in the fact, period and so help me I'll get him before they get me.
>>
>>27961741
Those are not at all clear examples of shootings not being justified. I get it that you must feel like each one of them fit your narrative, but each one of them are fully debatable.
>>
>>27961871
example 1:
>cops pulls up behind man in a work uniform middle of the day at a gas station.
>man is not aggressive at all
>tells him to get his license and registration
>Man reaches for license and registration
BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM
>cop fired.
That's not debatable, it's unjustified, asshole.

example 2:
>middle of the night, loud bang
>man steps out of bedroom with a golf club
>stands perfectly still, clearly shocked and no clue what's going on
BAM BAM BAM
>"stay down"
If you think that's justifiable, you're an asshole.

example 3:
Doesn't show everything but oh, wrong house, shoots guy 22 times.
"debatable.

and then there is the video at the bottom where the family was with small kids and the guy they were looking for hadn't lived there in a year.

Yeah, how about no.
>>
>>27961864
>there is no reason to think that SWAT will EVER be busting my door down.
If there's no reason, they won't and this entire post was fucking pointless.
>He's getting shot in the fact, period and so help me I'll get him before they get me.
This is what they call delusional
>>
>>27960696
So retards, I'm going to lay down a phrase for you.
No duty to retreat.
Lets say that officer did retreat and his lady friend advanced towards him and he opened her throat up with those knives.
You keyboard niggers would chimp out over how that cop was a coward.
When faced with an aggressor that refuses to comply with lawful orders and is armed with a deadly weapon you have ZERO duty to retreat.
Fuck, you better fucking stand your ground or else everyone will call you a faggot.
>>
>>27961946
Yey, someone with some common sense.
It would have been far worst if he'd retreated, for resons you pointed out already.
I mean logically speaking I don't think that the guy, who was probably scared of his parents/going to jail because of the crash, would kill the people he lived with(Presumably family), but when you're in a life or death situation, you can't take that kind of risk.
Suicidal people are especially dangerous because they're already going to die, so morals matter very little to them.
>>
>>27961741
As a criminal justice student, I have never understood the point of no-knock raids. The possibility of going into the wrong house or having a bad lead are way too high, and I've seen video after video of no knock raids on the wrong people going south immediately. It's inherently dangerous to the officer as well, because you never know how a law abiding citizen might react to a break in he knows nothing about.

You should never need the element of surprise for something that isn't an active state of emergency. They literally need a warrant for it to be a "no-knock warrant". There's no emergency.

I also couldn't stand listening to the second to last video. Shooting the fucking family dog immediately after they walk in with fucking full protective gear. Did you even hear the dog bark? I sure as fuck didn't. That dog was shot for no good reason. Fucking trigger happy cops are so fucking disgusting. I understand the need to defending one's self, I do, but cops have gone from "adam 12" to "call of duty" over the past years, and it needs to stop.

Know what the point of SWAT is? For rapid response to shit when the feds aren't able to get there in a reasonable amount of time, such as an active shooting, bank robbery, hostage situation, etc.
>>
>>27961944
>If there's no reason, they won't and this entire post was fucking pointless.
Except for all the wrong houses they raid.
>This is what they call delusional
really?
http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/killeen-texas-fatal-raid/
Would you like me to link other examples too?
>>
>>27961924
Like I said, they fit your narrative. Verbally attacking me for having beliefs differing from your own is childish. Your narrow-mindedness is a serious character flaw.
>>
>>27961990
That's my entire point.
What the cops will say is that it's to preserve evidence because otherwise that one family might flush that one ounce of week down the toilet after the cops knock.
>It's to protect evidence
>It's only for dangerous criminals.
Bullshit, all bullshit. It's because they want to shoot someone, kill a family pet and traumatize some innocent kids.
>>
>>27961464
>MUH PIGS
>invaded
If he's truly "serving the best interests", when the wife called him he had a duty to go in and try to stop the situation
>common kitchen implement
knives are also common deadly weapons
>premeditated
He didn't think out or plan the murder. The man kept approaching him with a knife (let's call it what it is) and the cop had to shoot.
>>
read the whole thread, didn't see any good argument as to why the cop entered the building in the first place other than LOL THE LADY CALLED THE COPS.
>>
>>27961944
Look, I posted >>27962007
>>27961864 because I wanted to make a point about the strong feelings I have towards this argument and the reality is that it's an unfortunately plausible scenario already happening across the country.

However, I feel remiss, no I wouldn't ever intentionally shoot a cop that was serving a warrant, if I realized it was a cop. I just know that no knock warrants are wrong on every level, morally, strategically, safety-wise and politically.
Please, stop it.

>>27962010
You said that those peoples negligent murders and home invasions were debatable in terms of being justified. You have offered no such counter points and I find your stance reprehensible.

>>27961946
>>27961988
Yeah, the cop in the OP was justified and even tried avoiding having to shoot the guy.
>>
>>27962170
She calls the cops and tells them that there is a suicidal man inside. She's a resident there who has every right to invite them in btw.

The cop announces himself clearly and repeatedly.
The cop backs away while the man continues to walk towards him with the knife.
The cop has just been told he's suicidal.
>tl:dr the cop did nothing wrong
>>
>>27962219
>suicide is illegal
>suicide by cop is a thing
>ergo cop is now accessory to crime
>>
>>27962219
ok, but if you know there's a potentially suicidal man inside the house what is gained by going in there? isn't that just needlessly escalating the situation? the cop knew the only way that guy with the knife was coming out of the house was through the front door because the lady told him there were no back doors or windows to gain entrance to it.
>>
>>27962230
Suicide is not illegal. Actually it's only illegal to fail at it, not illegal to succeed. I believe this is a unique attribute to suicide.
>tl:dr the cop did nothing wrong
>>
>>27960758
Could have even gone for just a gut/leg shot if he wasn't carrying a taser. Unless the round clipped an artery the guy would be alright. The cop certainly doesn't deserve to go to jail like a lot of people would want, but he really didn't need to go for a killshot.
>>
>>27962246
Look, he clearly should be attempting to prevent the suicide right? Why else would he go in?

If he shoots the guy, he didn't do a very good job preventing the suicide did he?
>>
he did not have to enter the house, and in doing so he put himself in a dangerous situation, so that is unjust recklessness on his part. the man wielding the knife walked towards an officer who was pointing a gun at him, and telling him to drop the knife. the man begins to brandish the knife and walk towards the cop, so the cop was in the right to shoot him.

however, he wasn't in the right in entering the house, as he could have called for backup and avoided the dangerous situation entirely. in addition, he could have used a taser as the man wasn't within stabbing distance, actively and obviously threatening the cop (it looks just like suicide by cop). however, it was a potentially lethal situation for the cop, so should the "he could have" argument apply to him and his defensive weapon?

this looks like a situation that would lead to a long court case. does anyone know what the status of this is? did this even get a court case yet?
>>
>>27962238
Well we can play the what if game. What if the cop did not go in, the guy was laying inside bleeding out because he slit his wrists and the woman goes after the department for negligence. What if the cops heart was actually in the right place because he was worried?

If your argument is that the cop should have called in an expert to talk him out, set up a perimeter and created a stand off that may last days over a completely unknown situation. Okay, I see your point, that's one way to handle it. It's just expensive and most likely very impractical given they probably do a lot of similar calls to this for various domestic disturbances.
>>
>>27962238
see >>27961830
The cop had to get his information.
Do you people seriously not pay attention to anything except 'hurr innocent chilluns dun got shot'?
>>
>>27962273

He was invited into the house you dumb piece of shit. Even if we wasn't, the guy being suicidal or threatening to hurt himself or others is exigent circumstances.
>>
File: Alternativegun-800x430.gif (93 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
Alternativegun-800x430.gif
93 KB, 800x430
>>27962257
>If he shoots the guy, he didn't do a very good job preventing the suicide did he?
Well, maybe if he had one of these.
>>
>>27962257
I agree. He should have been attempting to subdue him rather than unload 5 rounds into his face. I get that the cop doesn't want to get stabbed, but he really could have just shot his gut.

>>27962273
He didn't have to enter the house sure, but he asked permission and the woman let him in out of concern. I mean if he was going in the house the whole point is to check on the dude, and even though he's obviously whacked out at that point walking like Michael Myers with a knife at him, he really shouldn't have gone for the killshot.
>>
>>27962283
>guys gonna hurt himself
>better hurt him first
>>
>>27960696
>How will libtards defend this
they wont, they will say 'BLACK LIVES MATTER...oh he's white nevermind. dumb rednecks"

however that cop is fucking retarded. dud was walking super slow with a knife. cop had his gun out before he even saw the kid. should have been tased.
>>
>>27962273
>as the man wasn't within stabbing distance
Okay, this is where you are incorrect.
The officer could not have safely drawn his tazer at that point because the process of doing so would have left him vulnerable to a quick attack. In reality they were very close.

The other thing you might not have noticed in the video is the cop did try to back up some while the man was coming towards him in an effort to give him more space.
>>
>>27962275
yeah I guess it's true that the cop didn't know what was going on in the house and he was there to get the guy's insurance information for a car accident. but damn. can't you throw some teargas in there or something? the guy was clearly only a danger to himself
>>
>>27962302
You have some guy walking at you with a knife and tell me you wouldn't shoot. The cop was justified in his actions, but he definitely had other options that wouldn't have lead to death.
>>
>>27960928
>PROTECT AND SERVE
>>27952167 -ARCHIVED-
>...that is there to serve and protect the peace.
the police are not obligated to do either of those

>>27960758
>>27952216 -ARCHIVED-
>should of had his tazer in his off hand
>should of used his tazer

>taze a guy holding a knife.
>guy spazzes out and stabs his own eye out.
>guy is now blind in one eye and is bleeding badly.
>captain hind sight sees body cam footage and chimes in
>"DEPLOYING HIS TAZER WAS A BAD MOVE. THE GUY HAD A KNIFE AND TAZERS MAKE MUSCLES CONTRACT DUE TO ELECTRICITY. HE SHOULD OF JUST THREW A PILLOW AT HIM TO KNOCK THE KNIFE OUT OF HIS HAND"

im glad im not a cop
>>
>>27962290
How the fuck do these things work? I don't get it at all
>>
>>27962319
taze him? Call for backup and just push him to the ground with a riot shield?
>>
>>27962333
It's like a bullet condom.

>gun shoots bullet
>wiffle ball thing catches bullet
>hits the guy to stun him, instead of kill him

It's stupid.
>>
>>27962334
>taze him? Call for backup and just push him to the ground with a riot shield?
Thank you for proving you're an idiot
>>
>>27962334
>just push him to the ground with a riot shield?
This is either bait you're you're genuinely retarded. Where was his riot shield? They don't just walk around with that shit 24/7 like in CoD.
There was already an intelligent point made about why he didn't draw his taser, and I'm too sick of this circle jerk to bother explaining it again
>>
>>27962334

>nonlethal force vs lethal force

That's a recipe for disaster. Do you know how long it takes to rush five feet and slash with a knife? Do you know how long it takes to transition to tazer or to go back to the station and grab a riot shield?
>>
>>27962343
What
How is this safe in any way? This is autism incarnate
>>
>>27961356
When the fuck did /k/ invaded by filthy libshits holy fuck
>Also
>Piglet thinks he is above law
>Vigilantism
You people literally are mentally defective
>>
>>27962348
Go get one?

Take the woman outside and wait for backup to bring him one?
>>
>>27962333
They're generally made fun of on /k/ but this situation would have been perfect. For starters it's "less" lethal and after you fire the first round, all subsequent rounds will be coming out of your gun business as usual should you need to "lay the law down".
It also doesn't interfere with drawing your weapon in an emergency to shoot in defense as you just clasp it on the end after the gun is drawn but when you really need your gun but also don't really want to kill the guy, basically this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-8-Qm1YnTU
>>
>>27962348
You're stuipd for even arguing against the point of a riot shield. After being tazed the dude could have been detained.

>>27962381
You're just retarded.
>>
File: UoFC.png (76 KB, 662x436) Image search: [Google]
UoFC.png
76 KB, 662x436
Learn the Use of Force Continuum. It may change as at time depending on the subjects demeanor and/or actions. He was justified in the shoot. Idaho is a pretty cool place. I trained a few times with the ISP SWAT before it was disbanded and I rotated out of WSP SWAT.
>>
>>27962381
You know, thank you Anon.
Lately I've been worried, after looking back at my past and realizing I did some stupid shit, that I might be autistic.
This was a huge concern for me, but after seeing how retarded you are, and your complete lack of common sense, I've realized that I am actually not that retarded. I mean if you're what passes for a normie, in terms of intellectual capability, then I'm at least slightly above autistic.
>>
>>27962398
I suggested the tazer too.

I don't see how removing innocents from a dangerous situation and then waiting for the resources necessary to end the situation in a way in which no one leaves in a bodybag is retarded.
>>
File: operater chan.png (3 MB, 1465x990) Image search: [Google]
operater chan.png
3 MB, 1465x990
>>27960696
>try to kill yourself
>cops beat you to it
Such is life in America.
>>
>>27962438
I want you to really think very deeply about this anon. Put yourself in the cops shoes. Think about it. You walk up and talk to a woman that is concerned about her son (at least I'm assuming that) that is a suicide risk. Now, you're telling me your first fucking choice is going to be to dig a riot shield out of your trunk and slam a guy with it, after tazing him. Is that really how you would handle that. Just imagine how retarded they would think you were calling up on the radio, in whatever code speak, seaying "I need a riot shield to body slam this guy".

If that is how you're thinking about this, then you are obviously not breaking down the situation in your mind in any reasonable fashion and lack empathy for either party involved in this unfortunate occurrence.
>>
>>27962396
That's actually pretty interesting, thanks anon.
I still feel like with all this new 'less-than-lethal' tech coming out, the media and retard social media warriors are going to bitch about things until officers can't even use lethal force anymore without them being called evil.
It's a slippery slope, and that's what I see at the bottom.
>>
>>27962480
They weren't to be used together. You taze him OR push him down with the shield, not both.

Tell me, do you think shooting him was a better option?
>>
>>27962492
I never said it was, but it's a hell of a better option than getting stabbed.
>>
>>27962500
>>27962492
Also like I said he could have gone for a gut/leg shot and the guy would still be alive.
>>
>>27962486
Yeah you have a valid concern.
The other concern, if you watch the video of the inventor using it, is that you put your hand muzzle forward when applying it.
You apply it in high stress situations where now, you're adding extra manipulation of your loaded ready to go firearm.

Basically, a cop at some point will shot their own hand. It's a device that opens up problems and is really only appropriate to even use in a very narrow niche class of confrontations. However, if you reserve it's use too much then it's, "Why didn't you use it?"

I'm generally against them.
>>
>>27962500
But it's not the only option.

You can't say the officer was correct to shoot the guy so he wouldn't get stabbed when there are other, non-lethal ways to achieve that same goal.

>>27962512
Shooting to wound is bullshit. Please leave.
>>
>>27962527
>But it's not the only option.
Of course it's not. The officer could have asked if there were any weapons in the home and used his tazer instead, which would have been a much better choice.

>You can't say the officer was correct to shoot the guy so he wouldn't get stabbed when there are other, non-lethal ways to achieve that same goal.

We was completely correct, but he definitely had better options.

>Shooting to wound is bullshit. Please leave.
Oh yeah I forgot, you're retarded. I'm sure you can go to therapy where they show you cards with shapes on them and that should help you a little bit.
>>
>>27962550
>using lethal force when it's not necessary is a good idea.
>>
>>27962410
>because our weird cop rainbow staircase says so that makes it OK
isn't there a video of Chinese cops taking a knife away from a dude? Slightly different situation but still, when fucking China is doing police work better than you there's something amiss
>>
>>27962512
>>27962512
>gut/leg shot and the guy would still be alive.
TRIGGERED

It's the stupidest noguns thing I over hear sometimes. For one, a leg shot is risky as you are for more likely to miss. Cops aren't very good shots and many have an 80% miss rate going for center mass. So you're wrong on that point alone but what's worse is an actual shot to the thigh has a good chance of breaking the femoral artery and then you bleed to death. Getting the shot in the leg is very often a fatality shot.
As for shooting in the gut/pelvis, shooting in the pelvis is a great location to hit for stopping someone but you're just as likely to kill them.
The heart, is fist sized and if you don't hit it, getting shot in the chest is about as good as getting shot anywhere else except it carries less chance of the officer missing.

I think if you were going to try to shoot anywhere to be less lethal you'd shoot for their right shoulder but that has it's own risks too and again, a police officer is shooting to stop and their shooting to not miss (center mass).

You wrong.
>>
>>27962561
I never said it was a good idea. Really though, I'm trying to help you. The whole thing that you're failing to understand if you're facing a threat, how would you have reacted? I mean really. What the fuck would you have done. Think it out, really put yourself in the man's shoes. Sure there were better options, but tell me if you think it's worth risking getting stabbed.
>>
File: 1443626408297.jpg (8 KB, 250x256) Image search: [Google]
1443626408297.jpg
8 KB, 250x256
>>27962247
>Could have even gone for just a gut/leg shot

You're an idiot. If you discharge your firearm, the intent must be to kill, otherwise you clearly weren't in danger. Intentionally wounding will get your ass sued hard.
>>
>>27962550
>The officer could have asked if there were any weapons in the home
Officer was told the suicidal man was holding a deadly weapon.
Officer witnessed the suicidal man holding a deadly weapon.
>>
>>27962585
>If you discharge your firearm, the intent must be to kill,
While he is an idiot you aren't correct in your statement. The intent must be to stop the threat which is often synonymous with kill but the technical difference is a very important one.
>>
>>27962580
I'd go in with my taser ready instead of my gun. Or I'd call for backup.

Basically I'd do anything but go in with my gun.
>>
>>27962608
No, it's to kill. If they only "stopped the threat", they simply accidentally didn't kill them.
>>
>>27962579
>It's the stupidest noguns thing I over hear sometimes.
Well I'm not a noguns guy.
> For one, a leg shot is risky as you are for more likely to miss. Cops aren't very good shots and many have an 80% miss rate going for center mass. So you're wrong on that point alone but what's worse is an actual shot to the thigh has a good chance of breaking the femoral artery and then you bleed to death. Getting the shot in the leg is very often a fatality shot.
I agree.
>As for shooting in the gut/pelvis, shooting in the pelvis is a great location to hit for stopping someone but you're just as likely to kill them.
I disagree. At that range he could have easily gone for a gutshot. You can live for a long time with your intestintes hanging out of your stomach.

>I think if you were going to try to shoot anywhere to be less lethal you'd shoot for their right shoulder but that has it's own risks too and again, a police officer is shooting to stop and their shooting to not miss (center mass).
I mean of course. My point being is that it would be extremely impractical at that point to holster a weapon and draw a tazer while you have some guy approaching you with a knife. Going for a gut shot would be a better alternative than shooting for the chest.

>>27962561
Tell me, a man is approaching you with a knife , within 5 feet of you and you have a gun drawn. Do you holster your gun and draw your tazer, risking him charging you, or do you shoot him?
>>
>>27962613
The whole argument of this situation aside, you shouldn't be a gun owner. You're the type of guy who is, as they say, "more like to get show with his own weapon". I've always said that phrase was just liberal projection. Statistically it is but it also applies to you. You're weak.
>>
>>27962619
>Tell me, a man is approaching you with a knife , within 5 feet of you and you have a gun drawn. Do you holster your gun and draw your tazer, risking him charging you, or do you shoot him?
I don't go in with my gun drawn in the first place.
>>
Where did this meme come from that only liberals hate cops? Is it just a bunch of children on /k/ who don't remember the early 1990s, Ruby Ridge, Waco? There's a huge far right element in the U.S that despises cops and any government agent.
>>
File: AR1_prod_pg[1].jpg (59 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
AR1_prod_pg[1].jpg
59 KB, 316x316
equip police like so, train them to fight with it. No one that doesn't have a firearm gets shot.
>>
>>27962626
>one guy is alone in his house armed with a melee weapon
>better go in and escalate the situation
>>
File: liberals.png (290 KB, 460x696) Image search: [Google]
liberals.png
290 KB, 460x696
>>27962629
We all hate police for different things and like police for different things. Which causes us to not agree on how to reform the police.
>>
>>27962617
Killing is often a byproduct of stopping but the goal of shooting is to stop the threat. Otherwise, you'd be perfectly justified if you walked over to a wounded perp and shot him in the head after he was just lying there gasping for air.
You see anon, "stopping" is defensive, "killing" is offensive. Now I would recommend trying to steer your "stopping" efforts to include the effect of "killing" but they still need to be efforts performed as part of the act of stopping.
>>
>>27962634
gr8 b8
>>
>>27960696
It was justified, however it was poorly handled by the officer.

Ideally he and another officer would have gone in, one with a Taser drawn and the other their gun.

Decisions made in the heat of the moment though are rarely ideal, its easy to make a bad call that leads to a tragic outcome. Just because it could have been handled better and the outcome was bad doesn't make it criminal though.
>>
>>27962617
They shoot to stop the threat. This doesnt mean kill.

If they shoot and the guy who has a knife falls over then they have stopped the threat. Even if he fainted or was barely wounded or fatally shot.

The real difference you see is when they are shooting to stop the threat when they believe the threat may have explosives like a hand grenade or bomb etc. Like the Iranian embassy or Lindt Cafe siege they keep shooting until they are convinced the threat no longer has the capability to flick a switch or pull a pin. Which is why in these cases the bad guy falls over and then the cops proceed to magdump into his face.
>>
>>27962360
>How is this safe in any way? This is autism incarnate
you're retarded. like holy fuck
the bullet hits the ball, slowing down the bullet
the ball has a bigger area than the bullet
slower, bigger bullet = less chance of killing someone
>>
didnt read this thread
somehow have a feeling i know exactly what's going on in it
i have two points to make
one is that cops a huge bitch, but did what he was trained to and is legally safe every which way. he's still a pussy.
two is welcome to idaho you stupid emo teenager faggots
this kid was gonna get in trouble for wrecking a car. that's it. his angst turned him into a statistic.
first world fucking problems.

on a side note i love couer d'alene what a beautiful place amirite
giant, giant lake surrounded by some of the last free lands in the country
fucking choice part of the world right there
the inland northwest kicks ass
>>
>>27961482
Good god just go fucking move to the UK , the cop did his job perfectly.
I actually feel sorry for the cop because what can you do in that situation, get stabbed or shoot him.
If he didn't go into the house the family would have blamed the police for doing nothing; On the other hand he was forced to shoot him.
>>
File: 1437902462022.jpg (38 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1437902462022.jpg
38 KB, 700x500
What people seem to be missing is that legal punishment is so severe in America that this guy was pushed to suicide in the face of a no insurance ticket and probably hit and run.

We ruin peoples lives every day over bullshit and callous retards cheer it on. "Got what he deserved!". "Just don't break the law then!". But you'll be singing a different tune if you yourself, a family member or friend is caught up in something and has his life destroyed.

Additionally, if life destruction is the point of laws, why are most punishments essentially irrelevant to the rich who can pay fines easily, afford lawyers and not care about a criminal record because they don't need to work anyway?
>>
>>27964627
People who drive without car insurance are garbage anyway.
>>
>>27964639
I'm sure you're garbage in your own way, anon. And for that, you should be fined $5,000, 60 days in jail and probation for 3 years.

That is how we deal with garbage.
>>
>>27960696
5-6 shots ? Really ? Once in the leg would have been enough. Any REAL police officer should be trained to stop a " non immediate threat " by disabling them without fucking killing them.

Bad training. America. Idiocy
>>
>>27960696

>Police officers use of force was "legally" justified.

>Morally justified? Nope.

Who would have ever though a suicidal man wouldn't be thinking clearly???
>>
>>27962627
Exactly, just present your butthole and it'll work out nicely.
>>
>>27962298
>shot his gut
You don't know how lasting a gutshot wound can be, do you? It can be the difference between a severed spinal cord and ruptured intestine/stomach, which will lead to septic shock and all other sorts of goodies, along with all kinds of shit related to the stomach acid spilling into/out of the wound.

Gut shot victims can be saved far more easily than a person shot in center mass can, this is true, but it leaves more evidence of "police brutality" and the media will jump on it like "oh they shot him in the gut they obviously didn't feel like their life was in danger, he died bleeding out in his own home as a police officer recklessly shot him with intent to wound" etc.

Just stick to shooting the big triangle and leaving shooting people for very last resort, like it was used here, and we're fine. There's no need to implement shit like that, all it does is make things worse.
>>
>>27964658
Lel look at this dumb faggot, look at him and laugh

>muh real polees don't shoot like they do in holywood movies, waah

welcome to real world libtard
>>
>>27964856
>Lack of training
>Lack of money
>>
>>27960696
Legit shooting. Coordinators ordered guy to put knife down several times, guy refused and walked towards the cop. "B-b-but he was walking slow" doesn't matter, turd could have put the after burners on at any moment. Knife is a deadly weapon.

Notasinglefuckwasgiven.jpg
>>
>>27964658

Fuck off from /k/ fag.
>>
>>27960715
communists pls go
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.