[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hasguns, But New to Cosmoline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Norinco-M14S-Shorty.jpg (33 KB, 600x152) Image search: [Google]
Norinco-M14S-Shorty.jpg
33 KB, 600x152
So I bought an M305 (inb4 canadian) and it is full of fucking cosmoline. Literally the plastic it comes wrapped in is full of this oddly comforting smelling, but highly greasy and disgusting, well, grease.

what do /k/
>>
Soap and hot water did it for mine
>>
Embrace the cosmoline, and use the excess as a sexual lubricant.
>>
>>27960624
Pour boiling water over the parts.
Washes right off.
>>
Kerosene or mineral spirits. Just dunk all the metal parts in it overnight. In the morning you can just wipe them dry and they'll be clean.

Good luck, hat.
>>
>>27960624
No new Chinese gun has cosmoline, especially the M305s.
It's a cheap ass machine oil and can cause allergic reactions in some.
>>
>>27960624

I used a hair dryer to melt it and wipe it off with a disposable towel when it becomes liquid. This method also works very well for cleaning grimey, oily stocks.
>>
>>27960624
Get a paper towel you mongoloid.
>>
>>27960624
Any of the following
Heat
Non-chlorinated brake cleaner
Hot water (followed by oil)

In extreme cases in a well ventilated area
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/methyl-hydrate-0497127p.html#.VlJ1GV5teJU
>>
>>27960624
Take apart, let things sit in mineral spirits overnight. Looks like not a wood stock so you won't have to do serious sweating to get it out of the wood, but warm it up and wipe it down. Most of the ideas here will work fine.
>>
>>27960624
Comforting smell? The first time I had to scoop cosmo out of my first nugget I nearly puked from it
I do however like the smell of gun oils, gas/diesel, and old dusty rooms full of books and mold
>>
>>27960808
fucking this
>>
>>27963507
fucking pussy what the shit is the matter with you?
>>
>>27960624
I cleaned my mosin by dropping it in a sled full of ammonia and water. Ya gotta let it sit for an hour though
>>
>>27960670

This is good advice.
>>
>>27960624
>3 inch diameter pvc pipe cut to like 24 or so inches
>End cap with sealant
>Mineral spirits
>Barrel and receiver goes in, smaller parts can soak in an aluminum painters tray
>Soak that bitch overnight
>??????

>profit
>>
>>27960624
Why complain about something that keeps your rifle in working conditions?

Cosmoline is a nice thing to have on your gun especially the eternal parts because well it's just noce to have them and you complaining about the excessive amount on it won't fix it.

Just get a rag and wipe it off from the outside grip and go to the range.

It's not like it's gonna jump up and bite your hand off now.
>>
>>27965584
Of course, it's not like overlubrication, especially with heavy grease could ever cause malfunctions ever
>>
>>27965676
I always hear how /k/ likes cosmoline but at the same time despise it and wants to get rid of the cosmoline from their rifles.

You either keep it on or take it off but don't complain about it like what op was doing.

It's not hard to take it off you just wipe it off with a rag and that's it.

If you don't want it on then just leave it on I mean it never caused it to explode or anything.

This is a mute argument because you either take it off or leave it on but don't cry and complain about it.
>>
File: image:42780.gif (171 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
image:42780.gif
171 KB, 267x199
>>27966440
Your a stupid fucking moron
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>27960684

This is the correct answer op, wash the plastic stock by hand with hot water and soap, leave the rest in a bath of kerosone or diesel or varsol... ive used varsol several times on these M305s and it works like a charm.
>>
>>27967431

Further, dont forget to oil the shit out of the parts before you reassemble. They will probably soack up a few coats of gun oil over a few days.
>>
>>27960624
hair dryer, paper towel
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.