[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I want a 22lr revolver. Inexpensive is good but honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: pix763962956.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pix763962956.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
Hey /k/ I want a 22lr revolver. Inexpensive is good but honestly if i gotta save pennies for a bit I'll do it. Any recommendations?

This thing is sexy but I'm not sure if it's really cost effective to be looking at a gun that is no longer manufactured.
>>
Heritage revolvers are great, cheap .22 revolvers. They're only about $200 and you get a .22wmr cylinder you can swap in. You can find them anywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
You can get a heritage or H&R if you want but they are low tier. Poor fag guns
Expect heavy trigger pulls and fixed sights where point of aim is not point of impact.
Save your money and but a decent gun
Unless they have been abused any ruger, or smith is far superior to the poor fag guns
Smith model 17
>>
>>27960480
I have one of those. Probably the most fun I've had with a .22. Nothing better than whipping it open and sending all the spent brass flying at once.

Top break is truly master race
>>
Hickok45 did a review on Heritage Rough Rider .22lr and .22wmr.

He apparently loves it and considers it a very well-made gun. Old man loves his revolvers and isn't afraid of calling guns shit so if he likes it, must be a good revolver.

That said, I checked one out before and the sights are pretty weird.
>>
>>27960480
>>27960779
What kind of 22 revolver is that?
>>
>>27960862

>isn't afraid of calling guns shit

Examples?
>>
>>27960875

H&R 999 or I think another name is H&R Sportsman.
>>
>>27960902
He said the HiPoint c9 was shit. While he said that it's serviceable, you're better off saving money for a better gun than buying it.
>>
>>27960480
i've got an H&R sportsman circa 1952 and it's a great gun. the older the better but they are very very well made and quite accurate
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>27960862
So!
This guy talks about how inaccurate these guns are.
I would avoid heritage 22 like a trap with HIV.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/review-heritage-rough-rider-22-22mag-6-5-combo/
>>
>>27960862
Rough Rider is SA for people that wanna know
>>
>This guy talks about how inaccurate these guns are.
>watch Hickok45 use Kentucky Windage to shoot very accurately on video
The Heritage RR 22 is weird because it's similar to older revolvers, where it either shoots high or shoots low, and you have to compensate for it.
>>
File: image.png (117 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117 KB, 768x1024
>>27961020
All guns either shoot high or shoot low depending on trajectory
That's not the issue regarding accuracy
>>
I used to have a Sears-branded version of a Hi-Standard Sentinel. It had perfect timing and lockup, surprising for a 50 year old Saturday night special. Shot like a laser beam and cost me 125$ with original box and paperwork.

I can't guarantee that if you find one it will be just as good but mine would have been perfect for your needs and I'm sure you can find a clean tight-fitting example for cheap if you look around.
>>
>>27960764
H&Rs are not low tier. not expensive but they are built well
>>
Get a Ruger Single Six. Parts are readily available, and they rarely have issues.

H&R? Are patrs ever available? Hi-Standatd? Just no.
>>
>>27960779
Well, I guess I know what my next purchase is! Because I don't have a grand to drop on a good Webley.
>>
>>27961121
>That's not the issue regarding accuracy
>there is an actual video of Hickok45 just shooting a barebones stock Heritage 22lr and barely missing his shots
>>
>>27960652

Love my heritage. I have one with a 4 3/4 inch barrel with the magnum cylinder. Lots of fun to shoot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.