[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bout an AR with no sights cuz it was a good deal and I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: green-blob.jpg (12 KB, 425x308) Image search: [Google]
green-blob.jpg
12 KB, 425x308
So I bout an AR with no sights cuz it was a good deal and I thought I could get some good deals on irons around black Friday.
I think I've narrowed it down to the Green Blob Outdoors set and Troy mini HK sights. They are 35$ and 150$ respectively.
Can anyone offer input as to why both of these aluminum, flip up sight sets vary so widely in price?
They both have good reviews.
Thanks.
>>
>>27959392
I bought the green blob set a few weeks ago. They are good quality except for one little problem...

the rear sight is loose as fuck. Like you can move it ~3mm with your fingers. It's impossible to zero because every time you take a shot it jumps around like a fuck.

You will need to put some kind of a washer or glue, or jam something in there to keep it from wobbling. There were several reviews with this problem so its not just me.

Still worth the $115 savings tho IMO. Good luck
>>
>>27959444
>Like you can move it ~3mm with your fingers.
Jesus.
That's pretty fucking dangerous.
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>27959444
>can't zero
>can't do the one fucking job it has in life
>it was worth the savings

You are retarded
>>
File: WP_20150828_005[1].jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150828_005[1].jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
>>27959392
>Can anyone offer input as to why both of these aluminum, flip up sight sets vary so widely in price?
One is probably awful and the other probably isn't.

If you're going to cheap out on irons, don't go anywhere below the basic MBUS set.
>>
>>27959392
well one of those is real and the other is airshit/chinesecrap

the cheapest usable set of sights at new prices are magpulmbus and event those are like 80-90 bucks
>>
>>27959502
*Yer

Seriously though, how could it be worth the savings? It doesn't do what it says it does. That's called fucking worthless garbage in my homeland.
>>
>>27959530
>MBUS
It's that a magpul term? Sorry, new to the world of ars
>>
>>27959722
its the name of the product
magpul back up sights

if you intend to use them as primarys it well worth the extra money to get real sights

mbus are kinda bulky which wont bother someone inexperienced but are fucking annoying to people used to the standard ar sight picture
>>
>>27959749
>extra money to get real sights
metal or plastic mbus. I was thinking of getting plastic ones.
>>
>>27960005
>metal mbus pro
magpuls metal pros ones are near within the same price range of other metal buis'.

When people talk about MBUS cost savings, they're always talking about the polymer ones.
>>
>>27959542

Well, I imagine after he glued it down it's holding a zero now, or he at least knows where the front sight needs to be to hit the target he's trying to. It's worth it to him because he's broke and can never see himself affording anything better, so this is better than nothing.

Yeah, he's a little retarded, but not TOO retarded. I prefer my quality flip up sights, but I got a good deal on my rifle and it came with them.
>>
>>27959392
plz don't support Troy Ind. they employ murderers and atf thugs.
>>
>>27960005
I just got a set of MBUS and have used them several times on a friends rifle. They hit things reliably within 150 yards in my time with them. I wouldn't keep them as primaries forever, but if you want sights right now because you're saving for an optic, they'll let you shoot your gun.

A better iron sight would be something metal with distance correction built in. A detachable carry handle even.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
MBUS for sure. Pic related was on a rest at 50 yards. I will be honest they are relatively blurry for those who are used to the traditional A-frame irons on AR/M16 platforms, but they're more than capable of getting the job done, especially if you're running them as a back up to a quality optic. However, if you're hellbent on not having and optic and running irons only, spend some more pennies and geth the MBUS pro's.
>>
>>27962537
> if you're hellbent on not having and optic and running irons only, spend some more pennies and geth the MBUS pro's.

Fuck that, fixed front and a carry handle/LMT style rear. Don't add moving parts to an irons only rifle that it doesn't need.
>>
>>27963413
This.

I don't have a flat, low profile weapon because of aesthetics, but I don't really think it wise to have a weak point literally sticking up into nowhere like that. Mine is Plain Jane with the A2 style carry handle and FSP/gas block.

Now. If OP wants low profile, I would have said to get a red dot or some glass. Or, and this is an option, get a red dot zeroed by mounting some removable irons and zeroing them, then mounting the red dot, and manually adjusting the dot to line up with the sight picture, then removing the irons to mount on another AR or some other gun later on. Maybe keep them (if he wants the flip up shit) mounted after he zeroed the gun.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.