[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
long range
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: M1AScout-EBR-TA55A.jpg (46 KB, 1020x271) Image search: [Google]
M1AScout-EBR-TA55A.jpg
46 KB, 1020x271
ok, so i'm looking into building/buying a long range semi-auto rifle. what would be the most accurate semi-auto platform on the market for either 5.56 or .308?
>considering pic related
>>
Noveske SPR
SCAR17S

/thread
>>
>>27957535
what do you mean by 'long range'.
200m? 400m? 600m?
>>
M110 clone
>>
The ar is about the most accurate semi auto platform around.

In either 308 (ar10) or 5.56 (ar15) or any of the other caliber options.

If you want to, a 6.5 or 6 creednore ar10 with a high end barrel, freefloat, and adjustable gas block would be the tits.
>>
>>27957535
as someone who loves the m1a, its no long range super sniper. Get an ar-10 unless you want the looks. much lighter, much more of a long range beast.
>>
>>27957535
Go full 80s mode and get a PSG-1.
>>
For REAL FUCKING NATO, the FNAR probably. M1A is likely your last choice.

For 5.56, build an AR with a kreiger 20" barrel and start loading up with heavy rounds.
>>
>>27957586
>FNAR
>dat disassembly

No fucking thank you.
>>
what the fuck is your definition of 'long range'
>>
>>27957546
upwards of 500m all the way out to 1000m.
>>
>>27957621
see
>>27957623
>>
>>27957623
308 then.
>>27957634
are you new?... you cant >see a post that's fucking after it...
>>
The LAST thing you want is an M14 or clone there of.
>>
>>27957650
elaborate. idk about having one for a super long range gun, but i've always dreamed of owning one. is there a reason i shouldn't?
>>
>>27957674
I seriously doubt you're going to get any actual answer at this time of day on /k/.
This whole thread is noguns as FUCK.
>>
>>27957674

The m14 platform does not lend itself very well to precision shooting. It can be made to do it but it requires bedded receivers and some serious coinage.

A lot of /k/'s M14 hate also stems from in range TV's mud reliability test of it where it basically shit the bed. Google it and you'll find it, I'm on a phone right now.
>>
>>27957709
>can't answer the question
>calls others nogunz
>still responds

Wew lad you are a moron feel free to kill yourself at any time
>>
If you wanna do it on the cheap you could get a FNAR or Super Vepr .308.

Assuming Molot can still import stuff...
>>
>>27957860
did you even read the thread? lol
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.