[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wolf Gold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 223-ammo.jpg (74 KB, 1000x533) Image search: [Google]
223-ammo.jpg
74 KB, 1000x533
Hows /K/s experience with this stuff? Seems pretty affordable and its not even steel.
>>
>>27956764
It's good stuff.
>>
>>27956764
Wolf Gold I believe is PMC, or a Filipino manufacturer, or a mixture of both made for Wolf.

Great brass ammo for cheap

Also Wolf Match Grade .22 is excellent, made by SK Rimfire in Germany. For 6.79 it competes with Federal Matchgrade for lol12.99 and Ultramatch for lmao 21.99. It's actually match grade ammo and performs as such. Only complaint is it smells sour when shooting. I enjoy the smell of Automatch though
>>
>>27956764
Gets my seal of approval. Cheap, reliable range ammo.
>>
Bought 1000 rounds with a free ammo can a while back when it was on sale. Shot through maybe 800 rounds now, and only one bad round.

The bad round's brass case was dented severely. Might have still shot and chambered fine, but I tossed it just in case.
Overall a good buy. Always looking for another great deal like it.
>>
Most of it is just rebranded PPU. Shotgun News did a big article about it in 2006.
>>
>>27956835
the 223 is Taiwanese
>>
>>27956764
All Wolf is good stuff, just know how your gun reacts to the polymer coating on the steel ammo.
>>
>>27956764
vouch
>>
>>27957998
really? this fuddlore again
>>
>>27957998
Seconded. I bought a bunch of Wolf steel case only to learn it doesn't extract well in my gun.

The Gold has been great.
>>
>>27959887
really? this meme speak again
>>
I have had good luck shooting Wolf Gold. Shot well, was easier to load into magazines than steel. Only problem I have with Wolf Gold is the base of the case is really soft. I only encountered issues when I was reloading the brass. Never have issues with other brass.
>>
>>27959961
this fuddlore goes back to when the laquer coated wolf supposedly "melted" off the case and deposited itself into the chamber causing a jam.
>>
>>27959961
wolf gold is brass... there is no coating at all...

The brass was pretty good for one loading then it was muddy and I couldn't be assed to pick it back up... Buy lots and leave it on the ground... Thanks...
>>
>>27960013
Yes, that exactly what happens. Memes are not an actual argument.
>>27960030
Yes, I was talking about the steel cased ammo.
>>
>>27960058
>Yes, that exactly what happens

Except when you take a blowtorch to a disassembled Wolf casing and none of the lacquer or polymer melts. Try it.

The reason Wolf cases stick is nasty carbon blowback from shitty Soviet powder wedging into the chamber since steel doesn't fire-form to the chamber walls as easily as brass. That plus the 5.56 being relatively straight walled compared to 7.62x39 means you have a good way to glue casings into your gun.

Lacquer-coated sticks in dirty ARs. Polymer-coated sticks in dirty ARs. Brass-coated and zinc-coated Golden/Silver Bear too. It even sticks in 5.56 AKs. It's the carbon fouling that's gluing it in.

>>27956835
>>27956879
Wolf Gold's new supplier of .223 is the Taiwanese Ministry of National Defense 205th Armory in Kaohsiung. It's an M193 clone comparable to PMC XP193, Federal XM193, Q3131, etc.
>>
>>27960228
>Wolf Gold's new supplier of .223 is the Taiwanese Ministry of National Defense 205th Armory in Kaohsiung. It's an M193 clone comparable to PMC XP193, Federal XM193, Q3131, etc.
ding ding
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.