[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does China seriously think that they have the ability to take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 16
File: 08_chinprep.jpg (200 KB, 990x628) Image search: [Google]
08_chinprep.jpg
200 KB, 990x628
Does China seriously think that they have the ability to take on any western nation, let alone the US?
>>
>>27956728
They already can. The US is crippled militarily and other western nations are useless. Once China finishes completion of new carriers US will be forced to cede Pacific Ocean to China.
>>
>>27956740
+$.50
>>
>>27956740
too obvious
>>
>>27956740
Have a (You)
>>
>>27956728
>Implying they want to have a war with a major global trading partner.
>>
>>27956728
Their technocratic party leaders knows they can't.
Their economists knows they can't.
Even their military generals know they can't.

All they can do is saber rattle and intimidate their neighboring countries and try to claim a bigger slice of Africa and the South China Sea.
>>
>>27956728

Why is this an exercise?
>>
Only fiddies think so
>>
>>27956728
No
>>
'Western Nation' is a very broad phrase

They could best most western European nations and countries like Australia would just be easy mode
>>
File: LmEdpZz-1.jpg (89 KB, 251x429) Image search: [Google]
LmEdpZz-1.jpg
89 KB, 251x429
>>27956728
Maybe canada, if the US just sat on the sidelines just for laffs.
>>
so are these segways really quiet? Just wondering what their tactical niche is.
>>
>>27956728
I would say they think they could take on everyone BUT the United States. And maybe Russia in terms of firepower and tech.

But most euro countries are really letting their own militiaries go and letting muslims fuck up their countries with PC.

At least the Chinks don't tolerate Islamic bullshit and flamethrower/colonize the fuck out of their muslim areas.
>>
Yes

Western Nations they could conventionally beat in no particular order

New Zealand
Italy
United Kingdom
Greece
Spain
Australia
Canada
Germany
France
South Africa
Poland
Finland
Iceland
Brazil
Argentina
Mexico
Turkey
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
Estonia
Slovenia
Slovakia
Latvia
Belgium
Luxembourg
Denmark
Crotia
Czech Republic
Albania
Lithuania
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 492x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 492x500
No nukes? Like fucking everyone sans US of A
>>
>>27956728
I've played as china in battlefield 4 and we beat the US. so yeah, I'd say the US is fucked if I'm fighting for china.
>>
>>27962430
fiddy cent plz
>yfw france has 5x more nukes than you
>yfw france's nukes actually still work

you yellowniggers can't even strongarm india
>>
>>27963494
I've played as Russia and beat china so Russia stronk?
>>
>>27963500
>conventionally
Learn to read

Also, France would be a pushover for the chinks. Their carrier only works for half of the year and the chinks have more fighter jets than the french have aircraft in their entire military
>>
>>27962430

Maybe if you magically dropped these nations side by side on a custom Civ map, but any of the larger European countries would be able to fight off a conventional Chinese invasion, and if you want to include military alliances scratch off Europe all together.
>>
>>27962430
>New Zealand
>Australia
>South Africa
>western

Chinese education, people
>>
>>27963992
>Thinking 'the west' refers to geography
Read a book champ>>27963992
>>
Bunch of murica numb 1 retards shit up this thread

Yes both Russia and Chima could steamroll western europe only have to stop at UK

hungary slovakia poland austria romania is a joke

germany is shit

france maybe could put up a fight

W
>>
File: 1447584839383.jpg (130 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
1447584839383.jpg
130 KB, 1200x849
Hell no! Here is a great video about why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGs_dcXt-3k

I'm an American living in China and I think that video sums it up well. Their greatest asset is their man power. Millions of troops completely brainwashed by the party.

But their technology is really far behind. Whatever information they publish about their newly developed equipment is certainly exaggerated. Whereas, the US military actually keeps secrets about their capabilities.

They have no joint command lol

Most of their troops are still using Type 56 lol

Air Force has no real experience lol

Their army has not deployed (outside the country) since 50's. I don't think the Chinese really like conflict either... but they are being thrust into world power for better or worse.

Sometimes I run with the troops in my city and they are really slow and out of shape. They hate it when I run past them our lap them around the park. its top lel
>>
>>27964369
Why lie on the internet
>>
>>27963992

The Chinese would wipe the floor with any of those nations in a conventional war. In fact they would probably wipe the floor with all of those nations combined in a conventional war.

The NZ defence forces no longer have attack planes, and the Chinese could probably swamp the fuck out of NZs navy just with their coast guard.
>>
>>27962430
>>27956740
I love how they never reply back! lol so Asian of them
>>
File: 20151108_171544_Richtone(HDR).jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151108_171544_Richtone(HDR).jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>27964382
lyin bout wat nigga
>>
>>27964461
Everything faggot
>>
>>27964470
chicom/jdf gtfo
>>
>>27964333
0/10

Russia and/or China wouldn't even have the logistics necessary to get to warsaw
>>
>>27963770
As in an invasion by sea? Because you're wrong there too. France, the nation with the most capable navy in Europe is still woefully under equipped to fight the PLAN.

Lets put things into perspective.

>Amphibious Warfare Ships
France: 5
China: 58

>Destroyers
France: 11
China: 25

>Frigates
France: 11
China: 49

>Submarines
France: 10
China: 68

And the Chinese side is backed by a fleet of 232 auxiliaries.

The only saving grace for France is the CdG, which as another anon noted is only able to be deployed for around 6 months at a time. It is by far superior to the Liaoning however its advantage is ineffectual when the Chinese can just deploy their jets from countries such as Austria, Switzerland and other countries they could flatten and take control of airports in.
>>
>>27964530
sure amerifat go check on your mom if she needs more lube for tyrone
>>
>>27964533
>French subs actually have range
>meanwhile almost the entirety of China's sub fleet is ancient Romeos

Kek
>>
>>27964551
0/10 bait.
>>
>>27964574
>implying the type 35 and 39 aren't directly related to their Romeo variants

Nice b8 m8. But no 8/8
>>
>>27964533
>PLAN sends all it's ships to contest French waters
>South China Sea nations/Japan have a field day as China no longer has a defensive Navy
>Russia Jumps on the rape train to "save ethic Russians living in China"

You don't get to magically send your entire force of units when engaging an enemy, at most china would be able to send 1/4th their Ships (most likely even less) in a theoretical attack on France. While France on other hand has full use of its fleets and not to mention ground based air/sea Defenses.
>>
>>27956728
only children on the internet
>>
>>27964369
Surprised this shit's actually plausible, but dang it's fucking sad.
>>
>>27964461
I wonder, what are you doing over there? How's life? I haven't been back there in ages (like 13 years ago).
>>
File: 20150618_124139.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150618_124139.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
>>27964461
>>
File: 1442837271884.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1442837271884.gif
2 MB, 500x209
>>27964533
>France, the nation with the most capable navy in Europe
>>
>>27965162
>No carrier
>Fuck all surface combatants
>>
File: arti on ships.jpg (61 KB, 490x327) Image search: [Google]
arti on ships.jpg
61 KB, 490x327
>>27964533
Right.
>>
>>27965162
The UK navy is a joke in its current state
>>
File: 1442332028660.jpg (23 KB, 396x508) Image search: [Google]
1442332028660.jpg
23 KB, 396x508
>>27964369
>the fucking state of the PLA

Disgusting
>>
File: HMS_Sutherland_NEW.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
HMS_Sutherland_NEW.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
>>27965174
>>27965191
I think you'll find that the RN actually has more major surface combatants than the French Navy. The RN has 19 frigates and destroyers, compared to only 11 equivalent ships in the French Navy.

In addition to that, the RN has way more logistics support. It has 7 huge replenishment ships, compared to 3 much smaller ones of the French Navy.

The RN also has sealift. The French Navy does not.

Does the French Navy even have a submarine tender?

The RN has more amphibious assault ships, too. It has 2 LPDs, 3 LSDs and 1 LPH, compared to only 3 LHDs of the French Navy.

The RN has far stronger air defence, far more capable ASW ships, lots of TLAMs in service, two Astute SSNs (there's currently no equivalent in service with the French Navy).

If anything, they two navies are on par with each other right now. In the future, however, the edge will most definitely go towards the RN. It will have two supercarriers, way more surface combatants (the RN is getting 13 Type 26s alongside 6 Type 45s, compared to only 8 FREMMs and 2 Horizons in France), more tankers, new overseas bases, more submarines, etc.
>>
>>27964631
You're kind of moving the goal posts here.

The point is France ALONE cannot hold off China, which is why they have lots and lots of allies. Like you mentioned.

Japs wouldn't have the balls to attack though.
>>
>>27964369
I hate to be that guy, but source on your image? reverse image search gives jank.
>>
>>27965253
>Thinking the RN is getting more T45s
NEVER EVER
>>
File: 1447534155323.jpg (564 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
1447534155323.jpg
564 KB, 600x846
>>27964533
>Invade landlocked western European countries with enough force to not only take and secure airfields from reprisals, but actually conduct enough combat missions to challenge the French.

But how, with what logistics? With what air assault capability? Amphibious is out of the question.
>>
>>27965383
Fighter coverage and strike aircraft followed by strategic, tactical and utility transport aircraft supported by AEW&C and aerial refueling. An assault spearheaded by the PLAAF with the PLA following and enhanced by PLAN aircraft well within strike range from their carrier in the Adriatic Sea.

The myth that China can not project it's military force is cringeworthy.
>>
>>27965383
Fuck off weeaboo
>>
>>27962430
>Albania
Quite the achievement there.
>>
>>27956728
These semi-bait threads have very stereotypical responses.

>obvious troll response about China being invulnerable
>random butthurt Americans declaring superiority
>Brit getting offended when someone makes fun of the RN being at its weakest point ever

Are these threads just shitposting?

>>27964369
>brainwashed?
Most Chinese I've met in China dislike Mao.
>technology is far behind.
An exaggeration, they also have produced capable ships, EWC, radars, missiles, and aircraft.
>they publish info about their state of the art equipment.
The J-20 wasn't known until 2011, when it had been around since 2009.
>no joint command
They fixed that recently.
>most of their troops use the ak
Before our massive army cuts in the 90's, most of our troops used vietnam era guns. A slightly more modern ak isn't a gamechanged.
>air force has no real experience
True. China doesn't go to war every year. Still, I think training, simulation, and war-games make up for some of that loss.
>their army
1979*
>the troops are fat
Well a good amount of ours are as well. You were probably running with the reserve PLA guys who are the bottom of Chinese society.

China is no dragon, but it is not a paper tiger either. You can't just fake economic power or ships, airplanes, and manpower.
>>
>>27956728
Surely we know what the CCP military council thinks.

Why would China care about attacking a Western nation?
They aren't crazy idiots who like invading random countries.

China last got into a war in 1979. Barely anyone on this board even was alive back then.

The only thing the Chinese military council cares about is if they can establish dominance over the 1st island chain. Taiwan, Japan, Phillipines, and Vietnam.
In 2030-2050 they hope to expand that to the second island chain and be able to force the US completely out of its dominant position in the pacific.

Right now China's navy could beat Japan and the US' forward depolyed forces. But then the US and her allies would crush China navally. So nothing happens or will happen for a long time.
>>
File: hawk_semi_std.jpg (14 KB, 650x165) Image search: [Google]
hawk_semi_std.jpg
14 KB, 650x165
>>27965063
>I wonder, what are you doing over there? How's life?
It's good. I'm teaching English at a uni deep in the "real china" so I'm getting the maximum cultural experience. You know, the big cities are much like western ones. But when you get into the interior of the country people's philosophies change.

>>27965542
>Most Chinese I've met in China dislike Mao.
You have only met the westernized Chinese. I ask my students, "who is your hero?" they always say Mao, Xi Ping or Marx. The chicom dream is still alive outside the first tier cities. They are brainwashed from an early age. Your probably only meeting rich Chinese from Tier 1 cities.

Tonight, after dinner, I threw a snow ball at a statue of Mao and my friends were pissed off. They told me I could go to jail for that disrespect lol .

> I think training, simulation, and war-games
Most of their war games are shit. Most of their troops are malnourished boys. Stop regurgitating propaganda and media ops.. show some proof please! They always look good for the media but in real this shit looks different bro

My friends in the PLA at first were all like, "We are faster, we are stronger!" but as they got to know me, and I got to know them they realized that they were not very strong. and I am not a particularly fit person... On the other hand. ALL MY FRIENDS IN THE MARINES ARE PEOPLE i WOULD NEVER FUCK WITH! You know what I'm sayin'

its hard to explain, but im telling you China is a country of keks
>>
>>27965733
>country of keks
i meant keks.. fuking auto correct
>>
>>27965484
>The myth that China can project it's military force is cringeworthy.

FTFY
>>
>>27965733
Sounds about right.
If you watch CCTV you see people who seem generally happy spouting support in the more rural areas.

I mean it's not like a Best Korea thing going on
>>
>>27965744

An Hiro'd. :^)
>>
>>27965877
jesus am i getting censored right Mao?

CHINA IS A COUNTRY OF C U C K S
NOT KEKS
>>
>>27965907
new owners got buttmad over cuks and so they word filtered it along with ShakingMyHead ToBeHonest and FAMily all because they can't handle the bantz

they're all a bunch of keks baka desu senpai
>>
File: firedrill.jpg (10 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
firedrill.jpg
10 KB, 240x200
>>27956728
>Does China seriously think that they have the ability to take on any western nation, let alone the US?

over what? Where?

>Could China successfully invade a western nation
probably not
>Could any western nation successfully invade china
Probably not
>Will China be the dominant military power in the East during the 21st century
Probably

OM-FKING-G a Asian Nation is the strongest prescese in Asia! TEOTWAWKI!
>>
File: 1501596810980664753.png (149 KB, 482x270) Image search: [Google]
1501596810980664753.png
149 KB, 482x270
>>27965484
China has enough Tanker aircraft to ferry all of those assets all the way to these countries and then also continue fueling them while they're actively engaged?

I don't think you get how this works.
>>
>>27966056
jesus why are we not on infinity chan right nao

its really sad watching the devolution of this site
>>
>>27966471
The most used word on 4chan became Kek a month ago.

I'm not kidding.

So the admins changed it and the usage has dropped tremendously.

Moot did this a while back for different meme words. It's not something new.

>>27965733
I've been to Shanghai, Beijing, and Guangdong. Rural Chinese love Mao like rural Americans love George Washington. Lack of education does a number on critical thinking.
But most Chinese who matter live on the coast. It's not like ideology affects your ability to shoot anyways.

Malnourished? What fucking shithole are you teaching in?
Most coastal Chinese are well-fed. They live like Americans.
Why did you go from saying they are fat and weak to they are malnourished and weak?

The PLA is 2.2 million strong. That doesn't include the reserves and auxiliaries. You are likely seeing the reserves since front line troops are on the coast and the borders.

There's a ton of fatasses in the US military. I can guarantee we have more fatasses as a percentage than the Chinese. Well I'm air force, but I've been to Fort Sam Houston a hundred times.

People who understimate their enemy and call them keks leave themselves open to quiet moves.
>>
>>27956728
Ehhh maybe. Manpower is awesome, but without the means to get em where they need to be that's a bit of a bummer. Plus it's nice to have combat vets and the US has a fair amount of them. We still rule the seas and skies right now. Cyber's the big decider. Despite what you may have heard the Chinese cyber division while powerful still isn't as top notch as ours (thanks mostly to money). If there ever was a war, the US would likely push whatever advantage they could get to get the edge which would more than likely be a massive coalition force to stop the Chinese. Of course this is a stupid question because we depend on China and China depends on us, so any war would cost both side literal trillions and the if there was a "winner" they'd emerge in a crippled global economy from which there'd be a hard recovery.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.