[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I'm a noob with guns in general, and after a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: canik-55.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1155) Image search: [Google]
canik-55.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1155
Hey /k/

I'm a noob with guns in general, and after a few weeks of research I've decided that I'm interested in picking up a Canik55 for my first gun. I want to cc it because I live in a ghetto shithole and I'd rather be armed than not, regardless of how useful being armed would be in any situation.

Opinions on the gun? Other suggestions? I have shot 9mm in various ways before so I know I'm comfortable with the kick
>>
>>27955174
I've shot the TP9 and the stingray C, both were really nice for $300 or so. The tp9 might be a little large depending on your frame.
>>
>>27955190
Good advice, thanks anon. Haven't really had an opportunity to hold any of them so I hadn't even thought to consider that. I'll check out the Stingray C.
>>
File: F1CHG3352Nv2.jpg (102 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
F1CHG3352Nv2.jpg
102 KB, 800x520
I got the TP9 V2 a couple weeks ago, its really nice, the trigger had some grit in it at first but it worked out quick, now its just a slightly above average striker trigger.

I went with the TP9 V2 over the SA because it was DA/SA, I prefer to carry with it decocked for a slightly heavier pull.

If you have any questions ask.
>>
>>27955213
The stingray is heavy but either would be great for range of HD use. For carry look for a snub nose 38 or 357.
>>
>>27955250
Also of note, where do you plan to get anything other than the TP9 SA or TP9 V2? I've not seen any of the other Canik models for several months and I never see them in local stores. AIM has V2s for like $330
>>
>>27955256
Honestly, no clue. I just looked around on the internet for a while and stumbled onto the Canik and got it in my head that I wanted one. Hadn't really thought about how difficult it would be to find one. I live in AZ and assumed that finding pretty much any gun I wanted would be easy enough.
>>27955254
I looked up the snub nose 38 and the first article that pulled up was "The Myth of the .38 Snub Nose Revolver as a Good First Gun"
>>
>>27955266
Revolvers are faggotry for self defense. In a real self defense situation you are going to be panicky, fuck full of adrenaline, and in a goddamn hurry to get some lead in a motherfucker. 9mm is the way to go, more rounds, semi auto, low recoil.

Check this video, this is what its going to be like, fast, scary, lots of shooting. You don't want to hope your six rounds do the job in a situation like this.

https://youtu.be/ys5NjmTAFME

As for finding the gun, you can look around locally but I don't know how much luck you'll have, I wanted one of their stingrays but couldn't find one anywhere so I just went with the TP9 V2 and I gotta say, I think it was better for me, its a lot easier to conceal and its very lightweight.
>>
>>27955284
I wanna clarify, I love revolvers, my 686 is my favorite gun but if I were grabbing something off the wall for self defense it would be my TP9, I don't care how big the round is, 3 rounds of 9mm beat 1 round of .357 magnum, and if you are facing more than one attacker you are going to want those extra rounds and the ability to quickly change mags, reloading a revolver is already cumbersome, when you are full of adrenaline it'll be a trainwreck.
>>
>>27955284
That dumb motherfucker, didn't even put his backs to them before he pulled his gun. He looked messed up on meth or something.

Anyways, thank you. That's something I've been considering (in the event of being on the receiving end of a drive by shooting, I'd rather not have six bullets and no easy way to reload them). That video pretty much sealed the deal for me.
>I just went with the TP9 V2 and I gotta say, I think it was better for me, its a lot easier to conceal and its very lightweight.
That's pretty much all I was looking for in a handgun, so that's perfect. Thank you again anon. I'm saving this thread when it dies.
>>
>>27955266
They are good regardless of what people say, you'd have to go to a range and try some out because they can range from good to total trash. I personally don't carry one, I usually carry a shield or USPc but they are something to consider in the winter when people are wearing thicker clothes. Around here the winters can get bad so people will be layered up and its nice to have a heavy fast boolit.
>>27955284
That video isn't really indicative of what a defensive shooting would be like, and you aren't going to be in some wild west shoot out where you are tactically reloading mags. If you have multiple people attacking your residence and your go to is a handgun then you've already failed yourself. For CCW you want something concealable and the TP9 is a pretty big gun, not saying you can't conceal it but its going to be harder to do do than with something smaller.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.