[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yugo SKSs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1432356478369.jpg (2 MB, 1096x4616) Image search: [Google]
1432356478369.jpg
2 MB, 1096x4616
Are the Yugo SKSs worth $400, in near-mint condition?

Gander Mountain (where I am employed, sadly) is selling them still drenched in Cosmo on Black Friday, and I can set myself on aside for that day. Thoughts?

I'm asking, because if I'm better off spending considerably more on a Chinese model I'd rather not waste my shekels.
>>
>>27954666
can you set one aside for me? where the fuck is Gander Mountain?
>>
>>27954672
Joliet, IL is where I work at. Is that a good price then?
>>
>>27954675
I live in a communist shithole. I haven't seen them for under $500 in a long time.
>>
>>27954682
Where do you live, bro? Illinois is pretty communist by my standards.
>>
Here in New York I'm having a hard time finding Russian SKS's under $600 and Chinese ones under $400
>>
>>27954684
california.
jew york is apparently just as bad.
>>27954689
>>
>>27954689
See, I just need to know what the going price is in a non-fucked-beyond-fixing state.

Norincos are worthless, I know that much. Don''t know too much about SKSs other than that little fact.
>>
Bumping for interest and somebody who actually knows their SKSs.
>>
>>27954666
>>27954735

We have a sks general, faggot, stop wasting space with your shirt thread
>>
>>27954766
I posted there, you shill, I was ignored. Get your head out of your ass and you nose out of the air.
>>
>>27954708
>Norincos are worthless
in terms of collectiblity yes but they are average SKSes, if you want potentially functionally useless you want to see Albanians.

>>27954689
>>27954682
>>27954706
Y'all niggas ever hear about the internet? Even at FFL raping prices in a lot of commie states you'll still come out ahead http://www.jgsales.com/rifles-c-209_218.html
>>
>>27954778
So how about the $400 for a basically 9.5/10 Yugo?
>>
>>27954783
I guess, though I have a thing about only buying chrome lined rifles even though i obsessively clean.

There's a couple at Samco for $380 but after FFL fees you'll probably end up ahead just going for the $400 local.
>>
>>27954794
I'm the same way with chrome-lined barrels, that's really why I was asking about the Yugos. The big thing I was thinking about was the quality of the ones we have. They're in damn good shape, and I was the one to clean out the first one to put in on the shelf.

I have a C&R FFL, so I should be able to get anything from Samco shipped to my door.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Untitled.png (440 KB, 638x475) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
440 KB, 638x475
>>27954803
I forgot to mention that the Samcos are missing cleaning rods and may potentially have cracks in the stock. buy the yugo there and if you have a C&R I'd buy some of the J&G ones for a rainy day.

Also, make PVC dummy grenades and post results. http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=367260
>>
>>27954675
> Joliet, IL
Oh shit, that's close. I've never been to a gander mountain before but I was actually thinking of checking it out for the black friday sales. Better than the bass pro in bolingbrook?

I bought an sks off Armslist for 450 and it was beautiful "handpicked" quality, something you might not get with a black friday special, and your gonna pay more in taxes anyway.
>>
>>27954828
>I forgot to mention that the Samcos are missing cleaning rods and may potentially have cracks in the stock
Saw that, wasn't completely onboard for that price.

>>27954830
The Bass Pro kind of blows for selection and pricing. My buddy who lives in Naperville comes down to Joliet when he needs anything.

Working at the gun counter, I'm not worried about getting to select my own rifle, and with taxes and all it comes to around $435. Not to mention I have a 03 FFL, so it technically counts as a FFL-to-FFL transfer, so I have no waiting period.
>>
>>27954777
No, you recently made the post in the general 10 minutes before making this thread, why don't you give it some time for people to reply you impatient fuck

Ps you did receive a reply
Pss you are a faggot
>>
>>27954886
Nothing better to do on a Saturday night? Also, I got one fucking reply, 45 minutes after I posted. How long should I wait next time, OH Lord and Savior of /k/?
>>
>>27954903
You made the post at 3 in the morning for most people, next time just wait a bit, black friday isn't even going to come up for another week anyway.
>>
>>27954666
Aren't yugos the worst quality sks's available?
>>
File: 1437196383365.jpg (7 KB, 219x220) Image search: [Google]
1437196383365.jpg
7 KB, 219x220
>>27954915
> Be early in the morning.
> Make a post in a thread.
> Nobody sees the post and nobody replies to the thread.
This is perfectly fine.

> Be early in the morning.
> Post a thread.
> Many people see it and respond.
Holy fuck you huge faggot, why did you have to make your own thread you attention whoring piece of shit. OP is a fag and black friday isn't even for fucking months, holy fuck you fat piece of shit suck a dick, you should've just waited for a reply you fucking "Give me that" little impatient bitch.
> This is you.
>>
>>27954951
It's 7 people and maybe 2 people with actual advice for him.
>>
>>27954942
Not at all. They are just the newest ones that were made, most of them are from the 80's so they are still quite new as far as surplus goes and they were sold in large amounts so they are quite common and thus "Cheap".

They are excellent shooters, and they are just as reliable as any other SKS that exists. People think that since they don't have chrome lined barrels they are worse when in-fact this makes them better shooting rifles.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.