[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to find rare rifle bullets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey /k/ i was wondering if any of you know where i can order some custom ammunition for rare rifles. I have two guns im thinking about purchasing but i am afraid i wont be able to find anything to fire. The rounds i need are 13.2mm tuf and 7.7 x 58 arisaka.
>>
>>27954490
7.7 is rarer than shit and most people horde it. I have a friend that made a huge batch for me and I have like 30 rounds of commercially made ammo.
>>
>>27954509
how much does your friend ask per round? also how much did your commercial ammo set you back?
>>
>>27954490
Dude at this point you've made at least 3 threads about various aspects of your rifle purchase. Why did you not just consolidate them from the start?
>>
>>27954613
OK the first thread i was going to make any way about the effects of a large cartridge on a soft target, the second was a specific thread about the mauser 1918, this thread is just for ammo sources, i got a couple of guns that i already own that could use some custom ammo. if i put all that into one thread i feel like most people would either go "tldr" or just get bored with the unfocused discussion
>>
>>27954490
http://ammoseek.com/ammo/7.7x58mm

I have no fucking clue where you're going to find 13.2mm TuF.
>>
>>27954699
Wow thats actually not much more than a dollar a around, i expected about 3-5 times that!
>>
>>27954673
That first thread was dumb anyways. I wish you luck in your purchase, but my 'tism compels me to request that you learn some damn netiquette.
>>
>>27954490
You will need custom dies and cases made for the 13.2. Overall you are looking at a couple hundred in start up but it's not that bad because you will need to invest in a press for the 7.7 anyway.

I would STRONGLY recommend getting a hobby lathe if you are going into 13.2 because custom cases and bullets are going to fucking rape you in terms of cost per case and bullet.
>>
>>27954490
Picked up a lot of my collection from ammo-one.com

You could always start there.
>>
>>27954790
your not wrong, i probably could have at least combined the ammo and rifle purchase thread and then made the other thread or just researched it on my own. There's plenty of data on what a 50 cal type bullet would do to a human sized target but none on bears. I did kinda compile the ammo and rifle threads but i was met with a resounding "fuck, good luck with that" so i was hoping i might be able to get more information if i made a specific thread.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.