[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
9mm G17 as a good gun for my sister? Or something 40 S&W?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: glock-17-gen-4-9mm1.jpg (72 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
glock-17-gen-4-9mm1.jpg
72 KB, 600x366
Hey guys. I want to buy my sister a moderately priced handgun for Christmas (talk about a good gift lol). She's 24, slightly above average strength. She travels all around the country doing model work for new alcohol brands, energy drinks, etc. She thinks its pretty stupid but the money is damn good. Anyway, some of the places she goes to are fairly shady (higher crime cities, etc), and she currently has nothing but one of those small baby sized 1M volt stun guns.

But enough rambling, I was thinking of getting her a G17, BUT I don't know if I should instead get a G22. I've seen a handful of articles saying 9mm is now gaining its edge back from 40 S&W because of increased ballistics technology or something like that.. coming from someone not inside of the gun hobby, is there any validity in that?

What sayeth you, /k/?
>>
>>27953577
maybe youd want to ask her what states she visits frequently and get her something compliant in the shitty states. although licensing might be a requirement in those places. glock 19 might be better if she has small hands or maybe try the new ones in .380.
>>
>>27953619
I don't know how much flak I'll catch on here for saying this but quite frankly I don't care about the varying laws, and neither does she. She travels all over the country, she's been to NY, NJ, and other liberal states so far.

The gun is just going to stay in her purse in case something really bad is about to happen to her, otherwise it might as well not exist. She's a very responsible, intelligent adult.
>>
>>27953657
yeah, she likely wouldn't have anything to worry about if she's responsible with it.
>>
>>27953657
You're an idiot. Your sister is going to get jail time when her gun is discovered in a Peoples Republic state over something trivial and will never be able to own firearms again.
>>
>>27953657
how many times have you heard someone say to the police,"im not doing anything wrong, go ahead and search me." then they do, and they find an illegal pistol and a cigaweed that fell out of her friends pocket when she gave her a ride weeks ago.
if you truly arent going to care about the laws then you goddamn better know who the police truly are, what they do and how to handle them.
>>
>>27953577
>model
Pics or leave.
>>
consider checking out the M&P shield, little bit smaller, also the G19 is great too. Not saying that because she is your sister, but just that they are more manageable at times. Remember that Caliber is almost irrelevant if you don't account for bullet type. The best defensive ammunition I have found so far is Critical Duty from Hornaday. People on here don't tend to realize that a FMJ 45 will do far less damage then a half decent underpowered hollow point .380. Don't believe me? go look at ballistic tests. I would also say 9mm is more managable for most shooters because 40 kicks like the red head who owns the hair salon, not all that powerful but strangly violent, some would say more so than a .45 so consider that as well.
>>
File: 1445485019327.png (17 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1445485019327.png
17 KB, 625x626
>>27953577
First off Checked.
Second off pic related.
>>
>>27953577
You sister sounds like a whore, it doesn't matter what you get her because whores put themselves in bad situations and generally can't take care of themselves

Don't arm someone who can't make good decisions, example, carrying legally >>27953657
>>
>>27953577
Post pictures of your sister, my money is on her being super trashy
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.