[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Legal Carry Knife
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: p08_carbine__1_.jpg (153 KB, 900x1074) Image search: [Google]
p08_carbine__1_.jpg
153 KB, 900x1074
I was wondering, /k/, what do you guys think is the best legal to carry blade for self defense? Something that can hold an edge, isn't too big or too small, and is durable, obviously.
Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1446770789210.jpg (135 KB, 1000x749) Image search: [Google]
1446770789210.jpg
135 KB, 1000x749
>>27952908

>Not using an axe as a buttstock for your pistol.

Stay pleb.
>>
File: tumblr_m7uqq2BBsP1qh59n0o1_500.gif (363 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7uqq2BBsP1qh59n0o1_500.gif
363 KB, 500x384
>he lives somewhere where knives are regulated
>he thinks a knife is a valid defensive weapon in the 21st century
>>
Inb4 FSfags

>>27952908
>legal to carry

Where faggot?
>>
>>27953048
Right, that was a pretty big oversight. Can't be spring loaded and needs to be under 6"
>>
>>27952932
Please elaborate how knives aren't valid defense. It would seem to me that you've never actually been in a confrontation with another person who meant you harm. Most people in my area are petty thieves, not gun slinging criminals.
>>
>>27953058
Look at the Ontario SP2.
>>
If you're on a budget, Kershaw CQC line
>>
>>27953058
Spyderco __________.
>>
>>27954808
>>27954711
/thread
>>
File: potato peeler.jpg (64 KB, 926x768) Image search: [Google]
potato peeler.jpg
64 KB, 926x768
>>27953086
If you're carrying a knife capable of, and for the purpose of, killing someone then you are seen as being equipped to carry out a crime.
You may as well have a mask and a bag marked swag.
>>
>>27953058
Try to do anything with 2.5" and a two handed open.
Yay noguns.
Carry a fist.
>>
File: Screenshot-3.png (324 KB, 906x255) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-3.png
324 KB, 906x255
>>27952908

If you have to ask this this question -- especially in the broad way that you asked it -- you shouldn't carry a knife for self-defense because you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

One night slightly over a year ago I had to headstomp some asshole for fucking up a store (walking around knocking shit on the floor everywhere -- I had just gone out to buy some goddamn cookies, and I didn't even get them). His friend pulls out this tacticool folder as I'm standing up from said assholes now unconscious body. I just walked right at him like the fucking T1000, saying "Go ahead! Cut me! Come on, use it!" -- I wish I could show you what his face looked like when he realized that he hadn't thought past the "I carry this cool knife for self-defense / being Billy Badass." He ran backwards and then turned and sprinted in fear all the way across the parking lot, probably forgetting he was still holding his kewl knife.

Granted, these were the bad guys, but he left his friend on the ground helpless. He himself would have been helpless had I wanted to chase him more than 50'.

>notmyjob.jpg

Even knife fighting with a 4" folder is close to useless if your opponent accepts they're going to get cut or stabbed, and knows they'll be cut and stabbed a lot less if they close the gap and put you to the ground.

Though indispensable tools of utility, knives smaller than a gladius are almost only defensively useful for retaining that pistol you carry so that you may fight your way to a working rifle -- and even then, only with training and forethought.

I'd take a length of rebar or a good stick over almost any folding knife I can think of. And yes, I've been stabbed with a pocket knife before (which is why I'm not irrationally scared-of nor irrationally hopeful-in their capabilities). While irrelevant when using a gun, with a knife it's the possession or absence of fear in your opponent that determines a folding knife's effectiveness.
>>
File: turtles_2.jpg (42 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
turtles_2.jpg
42 KB, 600x525
>>27955209
> things that happened
>>
>>27955326

I'm not making it up. Not even embellishing.
>>
>>27953058
If your dead set on a knife for the sole purpose of defending yourself, the first thing you need to know is that a knife is a shit defensive weapon because even if their unarmed you have to be within arms reach and their is a lot more legal gray area regarding excessive force with a knife so it's better as an intimidation weapon than anything. That said, if your determined to carry one, make sure open carry of blades is legal and buy a KA-BAR short blade knife, it's sturdy and the blade is short enough to meet your legal requirements and long enough to still be effective in a fight. Get the Kydex holster for it as well. If by 6" you meant entire knife length, then just accept that it's not feasible and buy a gun.
>>
File: 34499222.jpg (87 KB, 500x520) Image search: [Google]
34499222.jpg
87 KB, 500x520
>>27955341
> im serious u guys, all happened
>>
>>27955209
>I headstomped a guy for knocking stuff off of the shelves in a store that wasn't mine
>>
File: 1447569268279.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1447569268279.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>27955209
>go ahead, cut me
>>
>>27953711
Design is good but the steel is trash as expected at that price
>>
What state? If legal just carry an asp baton
>>
>>27955355

You're succeeding in trolling me. Not because you don't believe me, but because OP is less likely to listen to some very valid advice. Then, when he finds out some dude isn't afraid of his knife he'll end up with a broken face and his cool folding knife sticking out of his left deltoid if he's lucky.

This is /k/, so I expect to be trolled and doubted -- comes with the territory -- but the advice I gave to OP is solid. I don't want some n00b teenager getting killed or becoming an anti when their naive ideas about weapons get knocked on their ass in the real world.

6/10

/imdone
>>
>>27955367

Yes, I was watching these poor store stockers just tell the guys to get the fuck out, and they just continued to be complete assholes. So, I walked up behind the first guy, grabbed him by the neck, and threw him into the floor. Dude was stunned, so I just bashed his head on the floor while punching him a few times. He never fought back. His friend starts screaming at me like I'm murdering his bro, I start to stand up as he's opening his knife. If he knew how to use it or react/whatever, he would have caught me offguard when I was paying attention to his friend.

Dudes, there's this whole world of actual things that sometime happen outside of /k/, liveleak, and your brother's/friends' tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>
>>27955381

It's all a mind game. What's the last thing that guy was expecting to hear when he flipped out his "equalizer"? And it worked even better than I thought it would, because he panicked and ran away instead of getting brave and making a retarded attempt at puncturing me.
>>
>>27955461
>I'm confessing to assault, malicious wounding, attempted murder, etc...

Get the fuck out kiddo
>>
>>27955461
You're right, things sometimes do actually happen. This was not one of those times
>>
>>27955478

Assault, yep...though it's a kinda legal grey area what with the property destruction. Not even close on the wounding and attempted murder, though.

...which is why I'm not posting a police report or news blurb. I ghosted, the cops arrested the dudes for fucking up the store, and the night stockers (none of whom I knew) all covered for me.
>>
>>27955387
Not a big issue for SD, as long as it's not snap-on-contact tier crappy
>>
>>27952921

That's a fucking tasty idea.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.