[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what kind of effects would a 50 caliber type round (specifically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: antitankrifle.jpg (48 KB, 605x425) Image search: [Google]
antitankrifle.jpg
48 KB, 605x425
what kind of effects would a 50 caliber type round (specifically 13.2mm tuf) have on a large grizzly bear? What about a person?
>>
>>27951921
>what kind of effects

a good effect if you are the one shooting them unless they are behind large amounts of high grade steel
>>
>>27951921
my fathers 8mm magnum put football sized holes into elk, so a bullet four times as large would likely blow a man in half if hit from the front, or bisect him if he was prone. It would definetley take off limbs. Kodiaks can get well over a ton though so i dont know
>>
>>27951921
Effect:Death
Cause of Death:Death
Status effect:Death
HP:Death/100
>>
>>27951921
Well a 50 caliber round is know for having the ability to destroy lightly armord vehicles, removing limbs of a man with one shot so a bear would be no problem.
>>
>>27951921
It'd punch a big hole in them. How is this a question?
>>
>>27951921
What range?
What ammo?
What is the initial velocity?
Knowing the barrel length will allow us to estimate the velocity.
>>
>>27951921
itd kill em
>>
>>27953862
You can build a model without knowing the details. Suppose the following

Range: 100 meters
Ammo:13.2mm tuf
Initial Velocity:785 m/s
Result:

Range: 500 meters
Result:

Range: 1000 meters
Result:

There you go. Make your conclusions.
>>
>>27954356
Continuing:
>what part of the bear?
Assume head on, middle of the torso. You were given the cartridge, so from that you can google to get the velocity. You have no other givens, so you must make guess as to what is wanted.
>>
>>27954356
dead bear

wtf does OP want to know exactly? How dead it would make the bear?

If you shoot it through the heart/lungs, it will die. .308 is enough if you can wait for your shot. The reason people carry higher calibers on brown bear hunts is you can't always wait for a shot, you've spent a lot of money on the hunt, and you might need to penetrate from quartering away.
>>
>>27954380
>How dead it would make the bear?
This is very important. The bear apocalypse could come and all we might have are rifles chambered in 13.2mm tuf.
>>
>>27954380
i wanna know if it will like, explode. im about to buy a mauser 1918 and i was just wondering what it would do to soft targets
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.