[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gear Thread, Med Kit Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Med Kit.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
Med Kit.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2250
No gear thread? Come on /k/, looking at y'alls expensive shit is how I keep from blowing all my money improving my cheap as kit.
Anyway, need a gear recommendation. I just spent over $200 on medical equipment,pic related, and don't have a pack to put it all in. It's gonna be both my operatin' and general innawoods med kit, so along with all the shit in the picture I'm gonna have assorted boo boo and bug bite shit. The big SAM splint will probably just have to go in my backpack, and I'll only grab a few gloves out of the box and take a couple of the finger splints, other than that I want to fit all this shit in. The HALO bandage can be folded up. Want the pack in either OD or tan with a velcro spot to put a medic patch on.
And yes, before anyone asks, I do have training and know how to use all this shit.
>>
>>27951379
Forgot to mention, need a MOLLE holster for my CAT too.
>>
Is the warrior assault systems dcs plate carrier any good? Thinking of picking one up in atacs fg
>>
http://www.atstacticalgear.com/product/ST-13040/ATS-War-Belt/

Is this a good belt or is it airshit?
>>
>>27951404
I don't own it but I have had a number of warrior products and they're all solid. Those I know that have them have been happy from the start and don't look to be buying anything else anytime soon. From what I hear they're very comfy and the airmesh keeps them pretty cool and dry
>>
>>27951465
Cool thanks
>>
File: 70071560695_spsi.png (82 KB, 300x394) Image search: [Google]
70071560695_spsi.png
82 KB, 300x394
Does anyone know the difference between the different Peltor Comtac headsets? In particular Comtac III, XP, and XPI? I've asked before but not found an answer and there is insanely little info on them. 3M's website is a mess as some of the products aren't listed, and those that are have broken links.

>Or just general electronic earpro/headset recommendations would be appreciated <3

>>27951482
No worries, I'm currently tossing up the DCS and the new Recon carrier myself (to replace my old, heavily outdated version of the WAS Recon)
>>
>>27951669
It'll be my first piece of gear other than a backpack so I want to make sure I'm not wasting money. Any reason I'm finding a wide range in price between different sites?
>>
>>27951711
Not a clue mate, I'm from the UK so I'd just buy from UKtacical which I think the official and only UK retailer.

Might have something to do with import costs and that Warrior doesn't seem to be a big brand in the US (I'm assuming that's where you're from) so with little info or demand companies think they can get away with charging more/focus competitive pricing on the more well known and popular products? Im only guessing

There aren't any different versions outside of colour if that's what you're worried about, just go for the cheapest
>>
File: file.jpg (357 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
357 KB, 1280x720
Don't have any gear pics yet, but I did paint my AK and magazines. Someone rec me some good outwear that isn't arc'terx. Anyone tried vertex stuff?
>>
>>27952123
Oh shit I didn't even realize it's a uk company, thanks
>>
Anyone use a belt or belt/chest rig combo? I picked up a simple gun belt and realized it's alice compatible so I figured I'd put it to good use along with my chicom sks rig. What do I need on it, though? IFAK and dump-bag? What else is standard for these mall ninja loadouts? I have the chest rig for mags, and I have a hydration pack, so water and bullets are covered already.
>>
File: IMG_3966ad.jpg (309 KB, 885x1389) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3966ad.jpg
309 KB, 885x1389
>>27952139
Splav's "Anorak 2" is pretty based
>>
>>27952139
I'm heading towards Pentagon and Helikon-Tex cos I'm poor AF

ClawGear looks interesting too, especially their hardshell..
>>
File: IMG_3098.jpg (121 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3098.jpg
121 KB, 640x480
>>27952318
You're pretty much describing the building blocks of my rig.

I personally use a dump on my getup because getting the mags back in the rig is a bit of a chore especially when you're doing it with a gun in your hands.

>>27952469
>ClawGear
looks nice

>>27952139
these are just some companies from the top of my head.
North Face, hill people gear, patagonia, Marmot, Outdoor Research, columbia

I've heard good things about "beyond clothing" -but I don't know too much about them except their high price tag.
>>
>>27952409

That rifle's pretty fuckin' shiny, son.

Has it seen the light of day yet?
>>
>tfw I have a tourniquet, an Israeli bandage, and band-aids

It's all I know how to use.
>>
>>27951379

You are trained in how to use all that....yes?
>>
>>27952722
This tbqhfam
>>
>>27952730

It's true. Love seeing bug out bags with full trauma kits, when the person has no clue how to use it.

I can understand if you had a partner who knew how to use it, that person should be the one carrying it, not you.
>>
>>27952642
Yeah, that's basically the same setup I'm going for, just with the camelback instead of canteens (because I'm a desertfag). I reckon I need an alice belt comfy-tizer now that I know they exist.

Did anyone ever make alice dump pouches, or should I just cobble one together myself?
>>
>>27951379
Any recommendations on where to buy a good IFAK?
>>
File: IMG_2936.jpg (163 KB, 1183x428) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2936.jpg
163 KB, 1183x428
>>27952688
when that pic was taken the rifle had been finished only a few days prior.

>>27952779
Never got the allure of camelbacks myself.
I don't know of any dump pouch designs made exclusively for alice belts, but here are some pics of the attaching systems on my dump and IPP.
>>
>>27952759
>a person's carried trauma kit
>intended to be used on anything but the person carrying it

You're just as bad when you are criticizing someone else over it.
>>
>>27951386
>molle holster
Just grab two rubberbands and use those to attach it to your kit. If you do really need to use it in an emergency you're not going to want to be fumbling around with for it.
>>
>>27952722
>>27952730
>>27952759
>>27951379
>And yes, before anyone asks, I do have training and know how to use all this shit.
You people aren't very good at reading, are you?
>>
>>27951379
You should probably add a roll of kerlex gauze OP. Combat gauze isn't usually enough to completely pack the wound by itself, you usually add normal kerlex on top then add a pressure dressing. This keeps direct pressure on the bleed. M

Combat gauze is great stuff, but without that pressure it's not going to preform as well as it should.

>>27952882
>I don't know the difference between an IFAK and an aid bag/trauma kit
Medics carry aid bags they operate out of, that's what he's advocating.
>>
>>27951379
bump
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.