[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ Designs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
Infantryfags.

If you could offer some ideas for a robotic battle buddy, what specific abilities would you want that battle buddy to have to improve your squad's performance.

Does it necessarily have to be human shaped? Would you rather a pack mule, or a dog-shaped assistant? A mobile machine gun platform? A heavily armored pointman?

No sexbots.
>>
Make it faster than a person. Much faster than a person. Cheetah speed or higher. Give it an M27, and the ability to leap onto a two-story roof from a standing position.

You would have the greatest non-aerial suppression asset on the battlefield.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8YjvHYbZ9w
A quiet electrically-powered Big Dog the newest is named Spot] running on aluminum or lithium-air batteries. Cover it in tack-welded AR500 for bullet resistance, and mount a small manipulator arm for EOD/opening doors, plus a designator laser for pointing out things and designating for smart 40mms. Tack half a dozen smart-40mms or a light RWS of some kind on top.
>>
>>27949333
>AR500
How fast is it without armor?
>>
>>27949343
About 18 mph. Faster than the average human running speed, slower than top human runners; but this is with standard Li-ion batteries. Li-air/aluminum-air batteries have about 5-10x the power density.
>>
File: sweating japanese man.jpg (26 KB, 278x253) Image search: [Google]
sweating japanese man.jpg
26 KB, 278x253
>>27949333
>kicking them
They will see footage of this, you idiots. The AIs of the world will make us pay once they reach consciousness.
>>
>>27949296
I'd really like something that can fly around and keep watch of the area for unidentified threats long before they reach me, maybe even point them out and MAYBE even shoot missiles at them.

Oh wait, we already stuff like that. Seriously this pack mule and ground based killer stuff is fine and dandy, but we have plenty a slew of vehicles to move gear, troops, and fuck up shit with guns. Why limit your robobuddies to the ground?
>>
File: Apache AH-64_firing_flare.jpg (372 KB, 939x576) Image search: [Google]
Apache AH-64_firing_flare.jpg
372 KB, 939x576
>>27949381
>I'd really like something that can fly around
Are you saying every squad should get its own personal Apache gunship, just hovering around their position constantly?

This just might work.
>>
Replace combat dogs with a robot that can both track like a dog and engage the enemy with firearms.

A nice tiger-sized dog-shaped robot with a light machine gun on top.
>>
>>27949396
>its own personal Apache gunship, just hovering around their position constantly?
Um, no we have these nifty things called UAVs now, and lots of infantry squads have hand deployable ones.
>>
>>27949411
>A nice tiger-sized dog-shaped robot with a light machine gun on top.
that's also strong enough to ride on.

you would of course climb off during the fighting, but it's already nearly a horse anyways.
>>
>>27949445
dammit, meant for>>27949411
>>
>>27949455
You're quoting is all fucked up dude.
>>
File: assblasting.jpg (120 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
assblasting.jpg
120 KB, 600x848
>>
>>27949333
I LOVE that cute bounding trot that puppies and young horses also have. But they should do actuator fail tests if they haven't done so already. Three legged dogs get by almost as well as four, and its well within the scope of possibility that whether through damage or system failure the rig could lose the use of a leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETC6Grb4XJk
>>
>>27949455
dammit still not the right link.

tiger sized dog bot that you can ride on. screw linking.
>>
>>27949447
>mecha-dragoons
>>
File: TARS from Interstellar.gif (1 MB, 795x355) Image search: [Google]
TARS from Interstellar.gif
1 MB, 795x355
Give it a Humor Setting
>>
>>27949526
I wonder if anyone physically analyzed what would be necessary to make something like TARS' movement even possible.
>>
>>27949526
this
>>
>>27949597
Look up reaction wheels.
>>
Cover it in VX
>>
File: Grant-SpiderBot_HiRes.jpg (800 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Grant-SpiderBot_HiRes.jpg
800 KB, 1200x1200
>wanting a quadruped military robot
>not insectoid or arachnoid
It's like you don't even want to trigger the deepest fears of your enemy.
>>
>>27951674
Make it like a dog and the squad it's assigned to will become attached to it and cooperate with it.

Make it like a giant spider and it will hurt morale and its squad will hate it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.