[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking/question about gas pressure and exploding guns.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: broken-glock17.jpg (12 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
broken-glock17.jpg
12 KB, 400x300
I was just thinking,for example you have a gun,that was made so it shoots off ammunition with a bar pressure of 1000. What happened if you would try to shoot an overpressured bullet with about 3000 bar pressure through it.To my understanding,the gun would explode.
>>
File: Image00006.jpg (100 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
Image00006.jpg
100 KB, 800x526
>>27949074
Not sure on the pressure levels to KB, but modern firearms are designed to blowout down through the mag well or to the right of the shooter. This is to reduce the risk to the shooter. Much akin to crumple zones on cars.
>>
>>27949074
just use a p08 luger. they can shoot anything.
>>
>>27949106
>or to the right of the shooter.

Oh no. I'm left handed. Does this mean my head is going to get blown off?
>>
>>27949224
Yes
>>
>>27949074
It would explode

/thread

This is why you do not buy Erol and Jim-Bob's reloads who make +P ammo by

>addin a bit more dem powder to the case, theres plenny ruum in there don ya reckin?
>>
>>27949224
>I'm left handed. Does this mean my head is going to get blown off?
yes and rightfully so.
>>
>>27949224
It means you are an insufferable trip faggot who would be mercifully no longer able to post here

t left handed shooter
>>
>>27949250
But,would the bullet leave the chamber or would it just explode in it,acting like a hand grenade.
>>
>>27949261
The bullet would in most cases leave the chamber but get stuck in the barrel when the chamber/bolt face breaks venting pressure rapidly.
>>
>>27949276
*Depends on how fast the chamber pressure spikes
>>
>>27949261
A 9mm has a velocity of about 300-500 m/s.Considering the barrel is about 5 inches long it would definitely leave,before being effected by the "explosion"
>>
>>27949307
The problem with that is once the chamber is compromised the gasses pushing the bullet would be diverted and the bullet will not have enough inertia to overcome the force of resistance given by the rifling. Its all a matter of how fast the chamber gives which is directly related to how overpressured the round is. Not to say both aren't very likely but theres really no way to test this other than destroying a shitload of guns so lets just leave it at both are possible and no one wants it to happen to them.
>>
>>27949224
Hopefully
>>
>>27949224
Yes, but it's okay because New Jersey
>>
Dynamite is the hardest metal.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.