[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The USS Eisenhower appears to be fighting the Empire. https
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: sea-wars.jpg (29 KB, 596x299) Image search: [Google]
sea-wars.jpg
29 KB, 596x299
The USS Eisenhower appears to be fighting the Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypzUduBqiQ&feature=youtu.be

http://wtkr.com/2015/11/20/uss-dwight-d-eisenhower-crew-creates-star-wars-spoof/
>>
>not realizing that they are the empire

Your tax dollars hard at work folks.
>>
>>27948175

I thought the US Navy was fighting against terrorism, not supporting it.

Why is everyone still pushing the "Rebel scum are heroes" meme?
>>
I don't have many ragrets in life...

but not becoming a sperg about math and taking cross country more seriously in high school (set some what would have been state qualifying times... ten years later-- distance runners don't peak till around mid 30's anyway) to get myself a USNA appointment and become a Naval Aviator is one. Feels bad sometimes man
>>
>>27948199
>Implying Vader gives a shit about some dead stormtroopers
>>
>>27948226
Or Admiral Ozzel... assuming thats him based on the mustache
>>
>>27948208
Aviators aren't spergs. They were the quarterbacks that also happened to attend Harvard. They fucked your bitch and ended up your boss.

That jocks/nerds crap only exists in movies.
>>
>>27948272
You have to be top of your class in math to do Naval aviation. I know a few pilots, and no they did not attend Harvard, they went to the Naval Academy.
>>
>>27948324

That's just because of demmand.

The aviator playboy meme is very strong still, so blame it on that.
>>
>>27948337
I don't understand what you are trying to say. Here I am later in life in excellent shape that I wasn't in high school, and actually pretty good at math that I didn't discover I cared about until well after college.

Had I taken my cross country career seriously and cared about classes in high school I may have had a chance at becoming an F18 pilot
>>
>>27948375
>If I ________ I may have had the chance to be a _________
You could do that with anything all day. Look up genetic predeterminism. If your life is mediocre, it was because you were destined to become and remain mediocre. Stop lying to yourself with "could have beens".
>>
>>27948392
My life isn't mediocre. I'd say its pretty good actually. I discovered two things about myself later on in life that could have contributed to my becoming a pilot.

I don't know what has you so worked up about that
>>
>>27948175
That's clever as heck.
>>
>>27948175
These Sailors need something to do.
>>
>>27948439
It got over 200,000 views (and still climbing) on the Eisenhower's channel, where the rest of the vids have like 20 each.

PR victory like that is gonna get whoever made this alot of doggie points. The Navy loves this sorta shit.
>>
>>27948392
>Look up genetic predeterminism. If your life is mediocre, it was because you were destined to become and remain mediocre
I'm not saying everyone is going to have a genus tier intellect, or the body of a Greek god, or whatever else, but that's bullshit.

I know plenty of guys who are essentially the definition of average, but with incredible willpower/drive. If they want to learn Farsi, they learn Farsi. If they want to run a super marathon, they run a dupe marathon. If they want to become a doctor, they become a doctor.

Maybe they don't do it as easily as someone who is genetically gifted, but it's bullshit to say that you're stuck in a certain station in life because of your genes.

People go nowhere in life because they lack the determination to attain what they desire.
>>
>>27950025
That lack of determination was present throughout that person's entire genetic line.

Willpower isn't some ethereal magical force. The urge to take an action instead of being passive depends on a person's endocrine system.

You are your genes.
>>
>>27950025
Also fuck autocorrect.
>>
>>27950103
You sure have humanity figured out don't you
>>
>>27950123
Find one Gold medalist athlete that came from a family of non-athletes. I'll wait.
>>
>>27948175
china should be the rebelian cos they are not an empire and america should be the empire

obama should be the shiv guy
>>
>>27950132
Uh, ok. I'd like to know what your metric of an "athlete" is first however. How about find me someone who is the first member of their family to go to college? Protip I won't wait because it's not that hard. Or perhaps successful people in other fields. Tell me more about Michael Render (Killer Mike) and his mom & dads successful careers as songwriters and performers.
>>
>>27950212
Also, Michael Oher comes to mind as a good example. If you are going to be a pedant about your "Gold Medal" requirement, that's fine. But he has made a successful career in the NFL from a crackhead mom and an imprisoned father.
>>
>>27950103
>>27950132
I had this long elaborate post disproving both of these posts, but my phone decided it didn't feel like cooperating.

To be frank, I really don't give enough fucks to type it all back out. Have a good one.
>>
>>27950294
It's not even worth answering something like that.
>>
>>27950212
Is some bastard crackbaby paid by a compassionate music executive supposed to exemplify success?

You might as well post trailer park lottery winners if you are going to go that route.
>>
>>27948392
>>27950103
This has to be a troll know one can be this clueless about how genetics work.
>>
>>27950500
Wait for the "black people are genetically inferior then white people" dude.
>>
>>27950132
>>27950212
>>27950255
Also Mohammed Ali
Seriously though I doubt anyone has the time to start investigating all of these people's genealogies ao instead look at all of the great people who do not hava athletic or impressive kids. Hell how many times has a dynasty fell because the son was nothing like the father. C'mon!
>>
File: empire poppin rebels droppin.jpg (87 KB, 720x791) Image search: [Google]
empire poppin rebels droppin.jpg
87 KB, 720x791
>>27948226
Well he fucking cared about his 501st Clone Troopers.
>>
File: neurosurgeons operating.jpg (884 KB, 2370x1920) Image search: [Google]
neurosurgeons operating.jpg
884 KB, 2370x1920
>>27950529
Black physically inferiors were bred out over a 300 year time span.

Black athletic success is a shining example of genetic predeterminism. The lack of darks in the STEM work fields is yet another example.

I'm sorry reality doesn't work the way you want it to. Your will power means fuck all.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.