[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Youtube gun channels/Ian thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 23
File: ian_tumblr_meme.jpg (630 KB, 2054x3010) Image search: [Google]
ian_tumblr_meme.jpg
630 KB, 2054x3010
Hi guys, thanks for tuning into another YouTube gun channel thread, at 4chan dot org. I'm anon, and today we're taking a look at some of the channels up for sale at /k/'s December 2015 premier auction. A couple of channels jumped out at me, cause frankly they're a bit out of the ordinary. There's a lot to look at on these two so why don't I bring the camera around and show you guys what makes them a bit different.

ITT post your favorite gun related youtube channels. I personally like to keep it simple; I mostly watch Forgotten Weapons, Pat MacNamara when he posts, and Vickers Tactical once in a blue moon.
Also Ian thread
>>
File: 1447270075453.jpg (54 KB, 418x538) Image search: [Google]
1447270075453.jpg
54 KB, 418x538
Bumping with more Ian.
>>
Always watching forgotten weapons but I always find myself watching CarnikCon... Wishing for a cure
>>
didja know Ian has a gunsmithing channel too?
<3
its gunlabs dot net
oh, and I fuckin love Larry Potterfield, one day I'll kidnap him and drink his elbow grease to gain his power.
>>
I also enjoy C&Rsenal
>>
I would let Ian fuck me while I wear a dress. It's not gay if I don't get hard right?
>>
>>27947164
Forgotten weapons
Nutnfancy
IV8888
Hickok
and MAC >ib4 shill

Surprised no troll posted Yankee marshal yet though
>>
>>27948172

It isn't gay as long as the distance between your testicles and his is greater than zero. If you're really worried about it being gay, just make sure to high-five after.
>>
File: Untitled.png (54 KB, 186x182) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
54 KB, 186x182
>>
>>27947164
Forgotten weapons
Cokeman2423

Literally the only two channels you should be watching.
>inb4 fagcock45
>>
I thoroughly enjoy Hickok45 videos. Everyone is a try hard.
>>
^especially nutnfancy
>>
>>27948142
Me too. They need more exposure.
>>
File: DoubleDefenseStoeger.jpg (128 KB, 902x600) Image search: [Google]
DoubleDefenseStoeger.jpg
128 KB, 902x600
post silly guns
>>
i unironically enjoy watching nutnfancy
>>
>>27948436
That's actually a very practical gun. Red dots are cheap and make shooting a ton easier, and even without it the rail can be used as a rudimentary sight with a shotgun. The side rails are kinda gimmicky on that but hey might as well throw a light on it if you have one, doesn't hurt any.
>>
>>27948476
Same.
His level of autism is perfect imo. What reviews he has done are some of the best out there, and he cannot be bought.
>>
File: photo.jpg (130 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
130 KB, 900x900
yeager has the best channel
>>
Colion
Yeager
We need someone annoying and autistic. But still really funny. Like jontron
>>
>>27948781
>brass hits your other arm when you're shooting any American belt fed machine gun.
>>
Yankeemarshallllll
>>
File: you wouldnt would you.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
you wouldnt would you.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Forgotten Weapons
always, all the time. Love his stuff. Could listen to Ian's voice for hours
>Carnik Con
well duh
>Miculek
Well fucking duh
>Cokeman
UNRELIABLE
>Taofledermaus
slow motion! mercury! legos in shotguns! interesting stuff overall
>Demolition Ranch
most of what he posts, entertaining
>The Ammo Channel
neat stuff, builds from parts kits including a neat belt fed
>The Wound Channel
BALLISTIC GEL! AR500!
>Colion
He's nice but just needs a little something more to be 10/10 though
>Hicock
sometimes
>IV8888
really stopped watching those guys. Shame, I liked Chad.
>MAC
sometimes. complete shill though.
>KhanSeb Firearms
Frog airsofter that started doing the real stuff. English subtitles and terrible (sexy?) accent. Nugget, Deagle and a couple other guns so far. His airsoft stuff is fucking great though.
>>
>>27948781
Yeager has the best ditches
>>
>>27948142
I want to cuddle that fat awkward bastard.
>>
>>27948142
Othais is my nigga.
>>
File: one horse of a hedgehog.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
one horse of a hedgehog.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>
>>27947164

>you will never work as a barkeep to save enough to move innadesert
>you will never build a bunker fortress
>you will never memorize and learn about hundreds of obscure firearms
>you will never make money showing others how rare firearms work and have a chance to fondle them yourself

Why live?
>>
File: gunshavechanged.jpg (218 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
gunshavechanged.jpg
218 KB, 1600x900
>>27950306
so you can join him when he inevitably becomes the Big Boss of the desert.
>>
File: jeffquinn.jpg (79 KB, 745x425) Image search: [Google]
jeffquinn.jpg
79 KB, 745x425
What about Gunblastdotcom (hillbilly autist)?
>>
>>27950326
Forgotten Heaven when
>>
>>27947164
Besides the ones everyone else has mentioned, Capandball and Duelist1954 are good if you're at all into blackpowder.

And there's that sexy Hungarian accent....
>>
>>27952114
Capandball doesn't do enough videos.
>>
>>27948771
I think where people fuck up nutn is the actually try to sit and watch the video. I use him as background noise while I'm doing other shit. There is good info that otherwise wouldn't be picked up in a shorter video. He could do some goddamn editing to trim it down but whatever.

Still better than the usual
>"hey guys, it's awfulspeaker82 for a table top review of a gun I bought yesterday and put 1 mag through"

Then they go on to bitch about the box it came in while reciting either a Wikipedia excerpt, Fuddlore or throwing out a whole lot of "iirc" and "I heard that"
>>
>>27948227
>Nutnuseful
What even?
>>
>>27952114
>those spitpatches
>that grin
He knows exactly what he's doing.
>>
>>27954477
The problem is that he talks for so long that it';s hard to determine when he's talking out of his ass ie. the Mossberg vid, he fucked up with a shittier tacticool stock and blamed it on the gun and the duracoating series is half wrong and he never acknowledges his fuckups.
>>
>>27951589
Jeff Quinn is great if a little camera shy, but his writeam ups are good and I like his ballistic data. He's just like a hobbyist that has the luxury of trying out new shit all the time. I actually love that he is devoid of the usual SHTF, SD, tactical super cereal plague that infects everyone else. So in that respect most of his "reviews" are just highlights of the features or whatever gun and he never shits on them.

I know the internet like to argue stats like guns are Pokémon cards, but the charm of gunblast is in the basic "it's a fucking gun that shoots bullets, here are some things I like about it" approach.
>>
>>27951589
Also stop using autist if you aren't going to apply it correctly because it got old a long time ago and it's just as bad as kek
>>
>>27954503
The autism is super handy if you are really interested in learning his impressions on a particular thing, especially with how much time he spends with it before he reviews.

It's a channel to use before you buy something, in my opinion, not something you watch for amusement.
>>
>>27951589
Seems like a nice guy but his channel sucks

>Well, you see. This here is a nice shooting gun.
>me being left handed
>purty reliable
> muh bird shot defense load
>>
>>27952114
British Muzzleloaders is also very cool for those into black powder shooting and re-enacting. His drills are pretty good and has vids dedicated to precise breakdowns and explanations of every step along with creating period accurate equipment.
>>
File: 1316658248284.png (37 KB, 322x1383) Image search: [Google]
1316658248284.png
37 KB, 322x1383
Cokeman is love.
Cokeman is life.
>>
>>27955291
Cokeman is for edgy faggots, m8 and this is coming from someone who likes him.
>>
File: Ian_joins_isis.jpg (306 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Ian_joins_isis.jpg
306 KB, 1366x768
>>27947164
>>
File: 1399775435340.jpg (358 KB, 790x1000) Image search: [Google]
1399775435340.jpg
358 KB, 790x1000
>mfw Chad made the reference to Half Life 2 in the Mp7 video
>>
Anyone remember the jewtuber who's son had skinwalker syndrome and was creepy and showed up in videos when he wasn't even with the jewtuber?
>>
>>27955301
>2015
>not being an edgy faggot
>>
>>27955321
Wasn't that Eric/iv8888's son?
>>
>>27955334
I was thinking that was his son, I also thought it might have been nutn's son. I know some anon has a photo of the guy and the kid is behind him performing the rapeface
>>
>>27955349
Nutn's son looks normal, he's just going to turn out fucked up with his Daddy's abusive parenting
>>
>>27955349
I think it was Eric's, though you do see his one of his sons in a vid a couple years ago ad he was just a normal kid.
>>
>>27949945
>Hicock sometimes
>IV8888really stopped watching those guys. Shame, I liked Chad
.>MACsometimes. complete shill though.
yeah these 3 are complete commercialized garbage now, once in a while they have something.
>>
>>27955514
Why is MAC a shill? I haven't heard that before.
>>
>>27947164
TFB TV has some interesting videos.
>>
Forgotten weapons,
Tfbtv has great milsurp vids
Mac every now and then even though he's an ubershill
Iv8888 though I mostly stopped once that old fart died
Toafledermaus demolitionranch and royalnonsuch just to see people dick around with
Matv2099 whenever his new vids come out
>>
mrgunsngear is good.

Not a shill like the others.
>>
File: Glock17-contre-MR73_petite.jpg (797 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Glock17-contre-MR73_petite.jpg
797 KB, 1000x1333
>>27949945
>KhanSeb Firearms
>English subtitles and terrible (sexy?) accent.
I would just say that he is one of the only French youtuber talking about firearms, nothing to write home about with his voice.
>>
>>27955670
Something about his voice and mannerisms throws me off, he has good shit but it's like a algorithm was told to analyze various channels and eventually make one and this is the result.
>>
>>27949945
KhanSeb does firearms now? I used to watch him when I was into airshit
>>
Royal nonesuch has some interesting ideas.
Mattv2099 just returned an hour ago after a month of nothing which is nice.
IV888 is always good for actual information as well as fun shooting footage.
Forgotten Weapons is great when he gets interesting things to go over.
Military Arms Channel is good I suppose, but no fun.
Miculek's always entertaining, hickock a lot less so despite his cult following.
Larry Vickers has some very good content when he's not talking about things.
>>
Pretty much just Mac and Forgotten Weapons for me, I watch Nutn sometimes but mostly for knives.
>>
Am I the only one here that thinks Hickock's videos have gotten incredibly boring and repetitive?

Also Ian is love, Ian is life. I'm also a huge cap and ball fan, his videos are amazing. I wish he produced more.

Also semi /k/ related, but if you aren't subscribed to lindybeige, you should feel bad and subscribe right now.

I used to enjoy IV8888 but his channel took a huge dive in quality. The redneck shit is getting old.
>>
File: 1116[1].gif (63 KB, 356x272) Image search: [Google]
1116[1].gif
63 KB, 356x272
>>27955313
MFW I bought one of the SMG FG42 repros and the PG7 training devices because I saw his videos
>>
>>27957031
Do you like the FG42?

>>27956923
They are good intro and fudd channels, so I feel they are great toward new shooters and getting products known to them.
>>
>>27954558
fucking this.

He leaves no question unanswered about a product and videos it from every possible angle. Everyone acts like there are not 20 reviews of the same product on youtube that are 3 minutes long that go like this:
"Yeah, its a good knife, its no Sebenza but whatevs I guess."
It might be a 40 minute video but you can skip around gay boys. Its almost 2016, we have had that capability for years.
Plus he always has something bad to say about something, which is the whole point of a review really. You can read the manufacturers description or watch their promo video if all you want is positive facts about a product. Ive never seen nutn review anything without finding a negative, which is great.
>>
>>27955514
>watching Hickok for any reason other than pumpkins vs serbu

its a pretty simple channel. he shoots guns and gives an extremely brief history of each. Then at the end he says theyre all pretty good little guns. I never understood all the hate.
>>
>>27954585

This is really cool and seems very thought out.
>>
>>27948781
Ragnar Lothbrok?
>>
File: ianpat.jpg (1 MB, 1954x1611) Image search: [Google]
ianpat.jpg
1 MB, 1954x1611
>>27949945
Are you me?
>>
>>27958250
are you French?
>>
>>27958310
Are we all French?
>>
hon hon hon hon mon ami

omelette du fromage
>>
I like Polenar tactical and AK Operators Union
>>
>>27948251
I thought it was about kissing after? I mean bro pounding too hard might result in testicular collision. So long as nobody kisses and everyone remembers to say no homo, it's all good.
>>
>>27956923

Lindybeige is great.

If you like him you should also subscribe to scholagladiatoria
>>
>>27948781
man i love buck angels new goatee
>>
>>27958310
Actually, yes.
>>
>>27954585
Capnball is also good for historical firearms with a European perspective. Lots of good general stuff too.
>>
>>27948227
A two hour stroke
>ftfy
>>
R A Y S I P E
Y
Y
S

I
P
E

>https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCruu707okBmEiSxSary-LCg
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXz3XOpbyc
>>
>>27948142

Wooo! I'm relevant!
>>
>>27955670
Yeah, his reviews are good and thorough while not being 2 hours long or shilling. Also he posts links to good deals on guns, ammo, etc on his facebook page all the time.
>>
File: mattv2099.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mattv2099.jpg
221 KB, 1920x1080
Mattv2099. Like Carnik con but more scientific.

Also check out Tiborasaurusrex.
>>
>>27956851
that's what I thought.
>>
Forgotten Weapons
Carnik Con
TFB TV
Mattv2099
Hickok
Demolition Ranch
Cokeman
IV8888

And every once in awhile I'll watch an FPS russia video, just to remember where i started
>>
InRange TV is on youtube now (previously they were only on Full30). Ian from Forgotten weapons and Karl Kasarda do cool stuff and review more modern guns. I particularly like the 2 gun matches with historical gear.

Obviously Forgotten weapons is good, as are TFB TV, C&Rsenal, British Muzzleloaders, capandball, and mrgunsngear. LifeSizePotato is cool if only because he has literally every rare and expensive handgun.

ScholaGladiatoria is great but focuses mostly on swords and historical fencing, though he also talks about guns from time to time. The Great War is a pretty cool World War 1 channel.
>>
File: Chairman Sootch.png (306 KB, 800x546) Image search: [Google]
Chairman Sootch.png
306 KB, 800x546
s00tch
>>
A lot of the above. I like The Gun Collective and The Firearms Blog as we.
>>
>>27947164
ShootingTheBull410
he's tested so many different ammo types and brands to show their ballistic results its impressive
the only downside is how he much he likes the tarus judge, but even then his channel is just results
he hasnt posted a vid in 3 months, which worries me
>>
Twang n' Bang is pretty good... Kind of reminds me a PBS show or something, it's comfy as fuck.
>>
IV8889
Hickok
YankeeMarshal (i'm not even trollin)

And I suppose nutnfancy, but his videos are often just way too long for me.
>>
I live by a college,I was act the local pawn shop looking to see if they still had a mauser I wanted and this group of snapback philosophers were going on and on about how cool fps russia is.
>>
File: BlackBush213.jpg (45 KB, 720x486) Image search: [Google]
BlackBush213.jpg
45 KB, 720x486
>>27955313
>>
>>27957233

>It's it's like when you are having a dream that is so realistic and everything is going your way, and this dream keeps going and you think it's real and life's always going to be this good.

It's like that only you never wake up!!

MFW every time I hold or shoot it
>>
Forgotten Weapons ofc

C&R Arsenal because I am a /his/ aswell.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.