[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any californians here ever try to get a conceal carry permit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Flag-of-California.jpg (1 MB, 2474x1650) Image search: [Google]
Flag-of-California.jpg
1 MB, 2474x1650
Any californians here ever try to get a conceal carry permit? I am curious about getting one. I searched online and the steps to acquiring one don't seem so bad. I was thinking maybe my age will make it difficult to get one? I am going to be 24 soon and feel like the younger you are the less likely they will give one to you.
>>
Didn't California recently pass a law stating that concealed carry is a misdemeanor?
>>
Really depends on what county you live in. LA or SF are basically impossible, as are most nearby counties. If you are in the middle of nowhere it will be easier.
>>
California is shall issue bitch. Keep up with the news. Just make sure you can afford it.
>>
>>27944942
What county? You'll get one in counties that are shall issue and denied one in counties that are may issue regardless of your age.
>>
>>27944950
I am in fresno county, not sure how hard it will be here. I can see it being more difficult to get one in LA or SF.
>>
>>27944967
good chances actually

Of the roughly 70,000 active permits in California, more than half are clustered in seven counties:

Fresno: 7,647
Kern: 6,479
Shasta: 5,906
Sacramento: 5,769
Tulare: 3,967
San Bernardino: 3,264
Orange: 3,132
Source: California Department of Justice’s Bureau of Firearms
>>
Half the state is effectively shall issue, with mostly the shit coastal counties being may issue (with some, life SF, effectively no issue).

Fresno is apparently shall issue "self defense".
>>
>>27944953

Technically.

Most anti-gun places (big cities, coastal areas, etc) make it an extremely expensive endeavor though, due to their "reasonable regulations" bullshit; we're talking multiple grand per year, plus a no-shit psychologist profile and shit. Most mountain/desert counties don't give a fuck and give 'em out like candy though.
>>
>>27945006
When San Diego gets rid of the it's ruby ridge connected sheriff, William Gore, we'll be on that list too... considering we're the city that struck down the may issue bullshit anyway.
>>
>>27944942
Totally depends on the county. Out in the valley and way up north it's really easy. Counties around the Bay Area and greater Los Angeles area, it's basically impossible.
>>
I almost want to move to Sacramento so I can get a CCW

then I remember it's Sacramento and no one wants to be in Sacramento
>>
>>27944967
You should be able to get one in Fresno pretty easily.
>>
>>27945029
The Sacramento area isn't that bad at all and is by far the best place in the Central Valley.
>>
>>27945029
If you like Meth, Sactown is pretty awesome.
>>
>>27944982
>>27945021
>>27945025
>>27945030

So if I do end up getting it, will it be good throughout the state? or will it vary from county to county? Because I regularly travel up to Napa county to visit family.
>>
>>27945050
It's good statewide.
>>
>>27945035
Nobody actually lives here. We all live out in the suburbs where it's easier to get your CCW. If you live in 916 though get it now the current CCW sheriff is running for congress and there's no guarantee his successor will be as liberal at handing them out.
>>
>>27945039
you know, having left to the central coast (SLO area) and then having come back, Sacramento does have its faults.

But it isn't that bad. It's affordable, and you can still do the house/family/kids/dog thing in sacramento if you live in the suburbs. Tahoe is also nice, as well as all the foothill area.

It's still california and it doesn't snow, so you got a lot of utility compared to other states with cheaper housing.

It's not a bad place. Just gotta know the areas (sacramento itself is kinda sketchy, especially south sac. although it just looks bad, and is actually not that bad)
>>
Best conceal carry gun? I am thinking of getting a Glock 42.
>>
>>27945054
but you can't move your place of residence within the state and keep it.
>>
File: CCW_map.jpg (229 KB, 818x977) Image search: [Google]
CCW_map.jpg
229 KB, 818x977
>>27944942
Here's the CCW map for California
>>
>>27944942
Fellow californian here... fuck permits ;)
>>
File: California_CCW_Issuance_Map.png (47 KB, 530x596) Image search: [Google]
California_CCW_Issuance_Map.png
47 KB, 530x596
>>27946327
Here's the updated one.
>>
>>27946920
I was going to say, I'm pretty sure Ventura has turned into a shall issue. Good to know that if I ever end up going home I can at least get my CC permit.
>>
>>27946920
Yeah that's fucking bullshit my parents still live in California in Santa Clara County and my dad is getting his permit right now
>>
>>27946920
>tfw inna east bay
>dat blob of red covering the bay

Fuck alameda, fuck these leftist campuses fuck these fucking hippies fuck fucking shit fuck
>>
>>27946327
>>27946920

Does anyone else get the feeling they're looking at a map of Syria or something? Like, the first thing I thought of was "Yes, we cut of Yolo county, just a matter of time now..."
>>
>>27946327
Son of a bitch the one red county in Nor Cal and I live in it. Fuck you Yolo.
>>
>>27944942
The state is currently a shall issue state. but its being appealed by the state attorney. So if ur in orange county u get a cc permit right away
>if ur in san diego like me you have to wait for years. (literally) or you may just not get one for fuck all reason. Im pretty sure a retired DA was denied a cc permit because theirs no way any criminal he put in bars wants revenge.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.