[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got a problem /k/. I'm fairly small California
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: 357_Magnum_01.jpg (1 MB, 2240x2902) Image search: [Google]
357_Magnum_01.jpg
1 MB, 2240x2902
I've got a problem /k/. I'm fairly small California girl being stalked by a guy with at least an M16 and 1911 in 10mm. Local police think I should get a handgun and CCW permit because I'm a good shot with a .22 rifle.

The problem is I can't handle the recoil from a 9mm glock 17 and can barely handle the recoil from .38 special from a large .357 magnum revolver (Ruger GP100). I don't think that would have enough stopping power to keep me alive. Does /k/ know of any guns that might stop the bad guy from raping and/or murdering me that won't break my wrists in the process?
>>
>>27944651
>has an m16
Go out with him you idiot he obviously is filthy rich
>>
>>27944651
>literally cannot handle 9mm recoil
Are girls really this fucking bad? I could handle .38 special when I was a noodly armed 14 year old for Christ's sake

I dunno, just get fucking something. Bullets are bullets and are enough to make a guy more deader, you'll just maybe need more of them. But that's the price you pay for being too much of a pussy to handle even 9mm
>>
>>27944651
Nugget bolt in pooper or gtfo.
>>
>>27944651
Suck his cock.
Just get a walther in .22 and put some aguila super maximums in that thing. One shot to the head will bring him down and a unloading a mag on his body is sure to bring him down.
>>
>>27944651
Provided any of this is for real, try a Ruger LCR in +P.38.
>>
>>27944651
a .380 with some lehigh xtreme penetrators
>>
>>27944651

This is a man with weird sexual inclinations.
>>
can you really not handle 9mm?
I find this hard to believe
>>
Here are your options, as I see them:

1: lift

2: if you can't handle the recoil from a .38 being shot out of a .357 revolver, I honestly don't know what else there is to do, unless you want to plink this guy to death with a .22 (don't fucking do this). Best option is to practice with .38 or 9mm until you get used to the recoil, which will happen eventually. Experiment with different pistols in these calibers, because different pistols can have different recoil, there may be one you don't find too bad.

3: buy Obrez, remove STALKER with glorious 20 yards of flame and worry about broken wrist at later time
>>
How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

The problem with CC guns is that they're typically tiny and so you'll feel more of the recoil than you would from a full sized handgun because there's less mass to absorb the energy.

You can look at stuff in .32 ACP, .380, or even .25 ACP.

People will talk about stopping power and hydrostatic shock and all that fun stuff. It's mostly a load of shit.

The above calibers have killed millions of people.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/alternate-look-handgun-stopping-power

What matters is adequate penetration and shot placement. It doesn't matter how tough he is if you shoot him through the fucking skull, although you should not be aiming there unless you literally have the gun pressed to his temple.

Ideally you will find a gun you are capable of using (read: putting repeated shots on target with) and then train with it until you can do so with speed. You will be aiming for center mass because it's the biggest target and it's full of life sustaining bits that don't like being shot.

If you want to get fancy, practice the mozambique drill.
>>
>>27944660
Given that he's found my number and told he isn't interested in me alive, I think I'll pass.
>>27944670
My little sister is fine with a subcompact 10mm. I'm just a stick.
>>
>>27944670
she probably has weak hands/grip power

I have weak girly hands and while I have good single shots my follow up shots suffer because I have to keep readjusting
>>
>>27944734
Git gud. Become into not stick and go forth and remove kebab, skellington
>>
>>27944734
Shoot more. If 9mm is blowing you away then you need to hit the range and practice until you know you can hit something repeatedly.
>>
File: GmMain.jpg (51 KB, 408x370) Image search: [Google]
GmMain.jpg
51 KB, 408x370
>>27944738
there are exercises for that
>>
curls and wrist strength tools for guitarists to get your strength up to shoot 9mm. I would recommend a 9X18 but none of them have the same capacity as a 9mm glock and hi cap is a good idea for eventual stopping power with poor placed shooting. TLDR: mag dump hi cap.
>>
>>27944765
Already ahead of you. I bought a couple of gripmaster pros (one for my left, one for my right, considering my left is weak as fuck compared to my right)
>>
>>27944765
>>27944768
hive mind mi familia.
>>
>>27944734
He made a threat on your life and he wasn't arrested?
>>
>>27944651
By m16 do you mean ar15 or an actual FA m16?
>>
>>27944788
She probably didn't record it and he hasn't made a threat since.

The guy may very well be taking her on a ruse cruise, or she's invented the scenario so her question would be more compelling to us.
>>
>>27944734
go rent some guns, see if you can handle .32 or .380 well enough to get some practice in. when someone is actually trying to kill you, you should have enough adrenaline pumping to pop off a mag.
>>
File: 42700505_p0.jpg (278 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
42700505_p0.jpg
278 KB, 600x847
>>27944759

This,

Buy 2000 rounds or so of 9mm, NATO spec is ideal for practice or if not just whatever cheap 115gr.

Try to go down to the range once every week. Bring at least 150 rounds per trip for practice and a shitton of targets. Load mags with 5 rounds each first few trips until you're confident enough to move onto 10 rounds, and eventually full mags.

Try to shoot your entire magazine with however many you got loaded without resting, slow steady aimed fire. Bring back and inspect your target, adjust accordingly, and put up a new target.

Repeat x100000000 and you will become a decent shot eventually.
>>
>>27944770
and why would that be anon? :>)
>>
>>27944813
probably the fact I use my right arm more for heavy lifting and general usage. can't even use a fork too well with my left.

I use my left for repetitive motions btw.
>>
>I'm fairly small California girl
kek
>Local police think I should get a handgun and CCW permit
No they don't.

IF in the astronomically unlikely chance this isn't bait, a .38 out of a .357 magnum really is about the gentlest you're going to find outside of a .22 revolver.

>It hurts my wrists
It hurts the person on the other end more nigger.
>>
>>27944726
I'm 5'11", but only 125lbs.
>>27944738
You are correct. My first shot is generally on point but anything after that is off.
>>27944759
I would probably do that with .38 rather than 9mm, just to avoid developing a flinch.
>>27944768
10 round magazine limit. Thats why I looked into revolvers at all, because 8 rounds .357 can compete with 10 rounds in most automatic calibers.
>>
God, this is such obvious fucking bait. You anons are literally fucking retarded.
>>
>>27944838
You are anorexic, or you have some other condition.

Most likely the former, assuming this isn't a ruse cruise.

Eat a fucking sandwich, and you'd be amazed how many of your problems just go away.
>>
>>27944847
>I would probably do that with .38 rather than 9mm, just to avoid developing a flinch.
No you shouldn't. Get a gun in 9mm that feels good in your hand, and dryfire it. Buy some snapcaps, load a magazine randomly with them mixed with live rounds, you will not develop a flinch if you practice.
>>
>>27944851
yes, making firearm suggestions, how foolish of us.
>>
>>27944847
You're underweight.

Getting meat on your bones will vastly help with recoil absorption.
>>
>>27944851

>OMG HOW CAN U GUYZ B SO RETRDUD
>Not realizing that the bait within bait has worked
>>
If you can't handle recoil get an FN five seven. Hi cap, low recoil, kills people dead. Endorsed by Army psychologists.
>>
>>27944792
He explicitly stated an M16. Whether he means an M16 or an AR15 is not clear.
>>27944799
I did report the call to the police but didn't have an actual recording of it. I also don't know who this guy is, I can just tell that it's the same guy every time.
>>
>>27944912
Not good for range days on a budget though.
>>
>>27944704
You'd be amazed bro. While 9mm may seem like nothing to an experienced shooter, it most certainly isn't recoil free. I've seen some people, particularly female, who also have a hard time with semi-autos. The reciprocating mass of the slide seems to jerk the gun around in their hands.

All that said, my remedy for people like that is always a large .357 revolver loaded with .38's and no one has had trouble with that. It seems truly hard to believe a GP100, even with 3" barrel, would be hard to handle loaded with .38's.
>>
>>27944917
How many range days do you need in order to familiarize yourself with a gun in order to plug some fucker from 5 feet away?
>>
>>27944671
Moist Nugger bolt at that
>>
>>27944944
Point taken.
>captcha is 57
>>
>>27944944
Czech mein dubs.
>>
>>27944860
I'm a manlet
my manlet sized stomach can't consume much food for growth
I probably weigh as much as you did in high school and I've been out of my own high school for a decade
>>
>>27944788
I live in the bay area and my old neighbor constantly threatened my life, my house mates lives, as well as called the cops on me twice, telling them I was making meth.

Cops still didn't do shit after I had them listen to recordings and them telling him to fuck off with the meth shit since they know it's bullshit.

All they told me was to get a camera and call them when he acted up. No TRO, no CCW (since sheriff doesn't issue to normal folk). I went out and bought a c&r long gun since there was no 10 day wait back then.

>>27944917
5.7 isn't that expensive anymore. That said, a five seven in CA would be extraordinarily expensive due to being off roster.
>>
>>27944961
>5.7 isn't that expensive anymore
No shit, really? I want to check that out. Gib juan moment, to be honest my family member.
>>
File: spooderstalker.png (436 KB, 1035x763) Image search: [Google]
spooderstalker.png
436 KB, 1035x763
>>27944651

>Local police think I should get a handgun and CCW permit because I'm a good shot with a .22 rifle

That is a cool story you made up

>38 spl not enough stopping power for stalker
>stalker has superpowers
>stalker is spooderman
>>
>>27944961
>>27944984
After a quick check from one source, cheapest I found was 32 cents per round. Not too bad, but still twice as expensive as I found the cheapest 9mm from the same source.
>>
>>27944651
>can't handle recoil
>Glock 17 9mm

...did you only shoot it one time or something? My GF is only 5'1 and has thin as fuck wrists, and she can shoot my Glock 17 like a pro after a few target practice sessions
>>
>Girl who knows guns moderately

I don't believe it
>>
>>27944860
>>27944881
I'm well aware I'm underweight, and am working on it.
>>27944922
I could handle it without flinching, but my wrists started getting sore after about 100 rounds.
>>
>>27945026
She's 5 foot 11 and 125 pounds.

She's practically an anorexic ent.

I can believe it.
>>
>>27945040
>100 rounds
>self defense
>>
>>27944961
FN 5.7 is on the roster.
What makes you think it isn't?
>>
Thus hole thread
>>
Try a .22 Magnum Derringer.
>>
>>27945045
>5'11
>125
holy shit
are you sure it's a girl and not a stickwoman?
>>
File: 1447946615889.jpg (356 KB, 584x584) Image search: [Google]
1447946615889.jpg
356 KB, 584x584
>>27945070
I drew a really tall stick figure once

Checked back the day after and it was gone
Y-you don't think...?
>mfw I live in California
>>
>>27944759
This.
>>27944788
Also this.
>>
>>27944991
The full story is that I live in one of the counties that hands out CCW permits more readily. I was talking with a close friend who suggested the idea of getting a gun for self defense. While giving a report to the police officer I noticed the gun on his belt and asked him what kind it was and told him I was considering getting a gun for personal protection, mentioning that I already knew how to shoot. He said it wounded like a good idea and recommended I look into a Glock 17, which I did.
>>27945047
That was at the range where I had rented the gun.
>>
>>27945121
hist point is it would serve you fine in selfe defense because you dont need to shoot 100 times
>>
>>27945121
if you don't like 9mm, have you tried shooting .380?
>>
So what did you do to rustle him into making death threats?
>>
>>27945121
Sure as fuck not Orange County then...

Unless you have medium/large hands a G17 may feel a bit awkward to hold onto. Find a grip profile that is easier to hold onto. 6'3" 155lb twigman here. Mass really doesnt matter as much as learning to handle the weapon properly which is why 7.62 real fuckin nato doesnt bother me one bit.
>>
>>27945051
Oh it still is. For some reason I thought it fell off a while back.
>>
>>27944651
I c-can be your boyfriend and protect you i-if you want.
>>
>>27944651
Nce troll therad oP xDDD
>>
>>27945248
Ok, I remember why I thought it was off roster. I was thinking of a guy who SSE'd a PMR30 on calguns. I'm not joking, I legit confused them.
>>
>>27944706
>worry about broken wrist at later time
This is the correct answer, OP.
>>
>>27944651
>california
>police want you to get a ccw
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
stop making up stupid stories, op
>>
>>27944915
>He explicitly stated an M16. Whether he means an M16 or an AR15 is not clear.
so he called you on the phone and told you he had an m16 and a 1911 chambered in 10mm?
what county are you pretending you live in?
>>
>>27945410
if you go to the farther out areas they do that because they want you to handle things yourself. more rural areas with police responses taking a while to get to you. saves them a trip and saves you the wait.
>>
>>27945121
Have you held any XDs? I have a Glock 22, and it always feels a little awkward in my hand. A buddy just got a compact XD, and that thing fits my hands like a glove.
>>
>>27944651
I knew that this post was NOT written by a female before I finished reading the first sentence.

OP, you're a complete ball juggling, dick sucking, cum guzzling, ass spreading, AIDS medication taking faggot.

No female from California, who doesn't already own firearms, knows what a 1911 is, what caliber a Glock 17 shoots, what a Ruger GP100 is or what calibers it shoots, or has ever heard, let alone said, stopping power.
>>
>>27945520
>muh secret club no girls allowed
>>
>>27945564

>being this desperate for female contact you look for it on 4chan's WEAPON board
>>
>>27944651
OK in the hope that this isn't a troll thread and you're actually someone who needs advice and help here goes. I don't know what to say if you can't handle a 9mm recoil, one option would be to do what several if the other anons have said and get a Glock 19 or 26 and practice with ut until you can. Another option would be to go with a snub nose .357 and shoot .38's out of it until you can control those well enough to defend yourself if need be. If you take thus route I'd recommend the Ruger sp 101 with the 3 inch barrel. They're heavier for small revolvers and built like a tank, so the weight of the gun would help compensate the recoil for you. If you put lighter .38 hollow point rounds in there and can place them accurately that should be enough to stop that fucker in his tracks. The down side to the revolver is only having 5 shots though, but 5 accurate shots is better than 17 that don't hit your target. You could also go with a .380 and both the Bersa thunder and walther ppk are good guns that hold 7 rounds. They're heavier too compared to most smaller CC pistols so that in addition to the lower reciloil of the .380 should help as well. Good luck OP and I hope that helped.
>>
Pics or it didn't happen
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.