[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found a local instructor for "tactical" shooting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: wut.gif (821 KB, 317x242) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
821 KB, 317x242
I found a local instructor for "tactical" shooting.

Its a 75 buck class, and I think it would be interesting to actually shoot from barricades, different positions, etc.
Im tired of shooting while standing still at an indoor range

What are the down sides to me taking this course besides me losing 75 bucks
>mfw i see price
>>
That's cheap as shit, even if it's a waste of time you still got some shooting in from positions you normally wouldn't.
>>
>>27943819
Does the guy know his shit? Chances are it's going to consist of this
>NO NO NO STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING
>Do it like this, I watched a magpul video so I know my shit
>bro, trust me I was in the army/marines
>that might work for you,sure but fuck you I don't like it so do it my way
>do this retarded shit
>didn't you know I "train" cops?
>alright pay me 75 faggot

You're better off spending that money on ammo
>>
For that cheap, go for it. Just remember it's probably cheap for a reason.
>>
>>27943858
If that turns to be the case, itll show me a different perspective than my own. Which is usually a good thing in most categories.

>>27943860
its just a 3 hour thing. But i see your point. I think its set up as a prerequisite/teaser for other courses
>>
>>27944049
>Guise should I go to Tacticool mall ninjitzu class for only $75

Meh, sure. What the hell, right?

>Three hours.

Lol no.
>>
>>27943819
Ask to see his resume. instructors should have some qualifications, a list of certifications both for instruction and a list of classes hes taken himself.
>>
>>27944049

Not to be a weeabo but Musashi had a saying about martial arts. Training like you fight with people you can trust with your life, no mater your combine experience, is better then any training with some master.

Find some land you can use and run drills with buds that can critic you honestly and fairly.
>>
>>27944216
>Find some land you can use and run drills with buds that can critic you honestly and fairly.
I dont know any drills
>>
>>27944243

Well lucky for you the sum of modern human knowledge is at your finger tips.
>>
>>27943819
for $75, the instructor is guaranteed to have just as much, or likely less shooting experience than you.
>>
>>27944246
what?
>>
>>27944268

The internet son. Google it.
>>
>>27944274
google what
>>
Ask around with local shooters- where do they shoot IDPA in your area? You'll become a better shooter.
>>
>>27944320
Nothing. Google nothing. Just pack it in, sell your guns, eat kale, and vote for shillary because you are too retarded to have any guns at all.
>>
File: fat-tac4.jpg (121 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
fat-tac4.jpg
121 KB, 1024x680
>HI
>I'm Jonathan Lumbard
>I'm a retired Navy ranger and these are the same drills we used to run in special forces when I was a marine !
>When I was a Navy seal I graduated top of my class !
>Good ol' days as a seal rangers special forces
>Let me tell you about this one time I saved 9001 people
>I-i'm not that fat but I can't do tactical rolls anymore
>Leave my gear alone

This is what your walking into OP
>>
If you're so poor that $75 and 3 hours of your time is going to mean anything to you financially, just save your money.

If it isn't, then why he hell not? If nothing else, you'll give the rest of us $75 worth of keks when you report back, and no time spent at the range in any capacity is wasted.
>>
>>27944354
I dont know the names of any drills. Excuse me for being human. Im not perfect ok ;_;

>>27944441
Im poor man, dont know what to tell you
>>
>>27943819

For $75 just try it out OP. 25 bucks an hour for training is pretty cheap and the important part of training is to take what you've learned and practice it on your own anyway.

I am skeptical about a 3 hour class though. Most instructors have 6-8 hour classes and a lot of that time is spent lecturing and explaining drills. Advanced ones span multiple days. Do they say how many rounds you're required to bring?
>>
>>27944481

If I had my own property to shoot on and was too broke for classes I would subscribe to Panteao and practice the shit out of every drill from every instructor on that site.

Even if you're stuck dry firing at home i think you should subscribe to Panteao though.
>>
>>27944481
Sounds like free YouTube videos and buddy drills are for you. I wasn't trying to out you as a poorfag; all levels of income around here. I remember when $75 was 2 or more weeks worth of walkin-around money.
>>
>>27944503
>Do they say how many rounds you're required to bring?
150 min
>>
File: image.gif (522 KB, 326x52) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
522 KB, 326x52
>>27944373
>>
>not getting a class with travis haley
>literally pissing your money and ammo away to develop bad habits from some bumfuck retard

smfh tbqh familia
>>
>>27944630
>travis haley class

800 dollar male modeling course

FTFY
>>
>>27944639
>800 dollar male modeling course
>haley
lmfao kid
>>
>>27943819
>What are the down sides

gun safety or lack of it
>>
>>27944571

Sounds about right to me assuming it's a small class. Any idea of the class sizes? If you have like 15+ people I really doubt you're going to get to shoot more than maybe 100 rounds in 3 hours at best.
>>
>>27944659
>>
>>27944690

I'd do it then. At the very worst you'll get to experience a few fun ways to shoot that you normally don't get to. At best you might be given some really good instruction for a steal of a price.
>>
Every day- do 15 minutes of the most precise dry-firing you're capable of. THAT will make you a better shooter than a cheap instructor.
>>
>family friend is guy who led secret service details for US presidents when they went to foreign countries
>says he's glad I'm getting into shooting and would be more than happy to help me improve

would i be getting in over my head? i have never seen anyone, real life or online, outshoot this guy. i just stand still in a range lane and shoot my poorfag stuff
>>
>>27944795
He may of never operated, kicked doors or shot hadjis in the face but he definately has life experience combat or not.

You should take some pointers from him and learn the basic fundamentals.
>>
>>27944049
>3 hour
>for $75

Unless it is literally personal train you won't learn shit.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.