[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone out there have a sig p938? Like the ergonomics? Trigger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 938-9-rg-ambi.png (21 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
938-9-rg-ambi.png
21 KB, 160x160
Anyone out there have a sig p938? Like the ergonomics? Trigger? I love my p226 but its kinda big for my kids to shoot, thought this might be a better choice.
>>
>>27943561

I don't have one, but I've felt one before. Feels pretty good for a single stack 9mm, its not too thin like most polymer pistols that size. I thought the trigger was a little heavy for a single action gun like that.
>>
>>27943561
Too much recoil for kids. It stings my hands after a few rounds..
>>
>>27943561
>I love my p226 but its kinda big for my kids to shoot
P 2 2 5

>>
>>27943610
Well, there other pistol choices are a compact cz and a P64. When I want our trip to the range to end I have them all shoot the p64...
>>
>>27943905
You could try getting a makarov to pair with the P64. I don't know how old or big your kids are, but a .22 pistol is an obvious choice. The SR22 is supposedly very good and has a grip that's very similar to the P22, which is tiny. I don't think the P938 is very fit for children to learn on.
>>
>>27943965
I've got a sig mosquito. She's 17 but has small hands, so I'm looking for something that can be hers eventually. Would rather go 9mm for that.
>>
I have shot one once and handled it multiple times. It has excellent ergonomics and surprisingly low recoil for a small 9mm
>>
File: 20150816_190811.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150816_190811.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
It's the perfect cc pistol, very accurate and easy to shoot for its size. Be sure to practice drawing and disengaging the safety.
>>
>>27943581

>I thought the trigger was a little heavy for a single action gun like that.

It's true, I don't know how they got the trigger wrong when they got it pretty right on the 238.
>>
LOVE these guns. Just traded my SR1911 for a 938 Scorpion. Sits right in the hand, has very generous sights for a pocket gun, and is WAY more accurate than other guns in this size range (Again, probably thanks to not having garbage sights).

There's already been both opinions expressed about recoil in this thread, but I think that if you handle it correctly, the recoil is VERY mild for a gun of this size. Others say the opposite, that recoil is harsh, but I honestly don't understand that at all from my own experience.

As a gun for young shooters? Not sure on that one, though they do make a 22 conversion that might be a nice choice.
>>
ya, PSA has them on sale for 499, think it might be an early christmas present.
>>
>>27943561
I have an equinox model w/ct laser. It differs greatly from the p226 in that it has a SAO trigger. that being said, the pull is a little on the heavy-side for a SAO, but is generally acceptable for a CCW. The trigger and MSH are both plastic, but can be replaced readily. I haven't gone down that path, but it is said to help with the trigger pull overall. There is also a .22lr conversion kit if that does it for you. Different models can come with various sight options, including fiber optic w/tritium inserts. As others have said, great sights overall. At the time I bought mine, mags were hard to find (esp. the extended) and very expensive. I think they have become more available now though. In terms of weight, it actually is lighter than most options in the 'pocket carry' size category despite having an alloy frame. I will say that this is a great choice provided that you practice with controls.
>>
>>27949315
No mecgar aftermarkets?
>>
File: 2w1w5ys.jpg (107 KB, 713x557) Image search: [Google]
2w1w5ys.jpg
107 KB, 713x557
I love my P938 Brg. I really enjoy the grip on it and the grooves/rubber not only feels great in hand but slightly reduces the kick/sting. I go through 100 rounds minimum each time I take it to the range and even though I have skinny hands it never bothers me like another anon said.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.