[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what would the best bullpup be? My ideas >full ambidextrous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 509ccbdb6c920d915725e211cc0c0f.jpg (76 KB, 900x370) Image search: [Google]
509ccbdb6c920d915725e211cc0c0f.jpg
76 KB, 900x370
So what would the best bullpup be?

My ideas
>full ambidextrous controls including charging handle
>magazine release by trigger like a traditional rifle has, but also a backup release where the magazine is located, like the DesertTech MDR has, allowing you to reload by letting the mag drop while you grab the new mag, or do a retentive reload by using the release by the magazine to grab it as it falls
>adjustable stock to eliminate the "one size fits all" problem like the VHS has
>make the action and such as short as possible to allow the most configuration options, letting operators be able change foregrip position instead of the built in "one size fits all" foregrip many bullpups have
>some sort of ambidextrous compatible ejection solution, forward ejection, downward ejection, perhaps something that can be either to the right or the left changed by flipping a switch instead of needing tools or extra parts like other guns that have a swappable ejection port
>balance point at or behind the grip for comfortable handing and less fatigue
>>
>non-shit trigger
>at least capable of 1.5moa with non-match off-the-shelf ammo
>doesn't peg lefties in the eye with brass
>not pinned MD, not-shit OEM MD (IE, no fucking A2)
>no ridiculously fucking short sight radius a' la P90 and F2000
>no integrated optic, they are universally shit
>NON SHIT TRIGGER
>>
File: bdc945dc.jpg (196 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
bdc945dc.jpg
196 KB, 1024x764
>>27942367
Pic related of course.
>>
sounds like you want an MDR OP. should fulfill everything but the adjustable stock requirement. of course, that's assuming they ever release the damn thing
>>
>>27942656
Apparently they finished up their designs and will have a release date announced soon. I have been looking forward to it and hoping that they release the .223 version. I will probably pick one up
>>
>>27942656
Does the MDR have the capacity for adding an adjustable stock onto it, or will we have to wait another development generation or two to get a truly optimal bullpup?
>>
>>27943082

No bullpup rifle is going to have a truly adjustable
stock like an M4/AR15 or other similar design because
of the design.

The action is often too far back in the weapon
for it to actually have space for an adjustable stock.
Adjustable comb/moderately adjustable length of pull? Maybe.
But not soon.
>>
File: sig-sauer-new-secret-2.jpg (34 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
sig-sauer-new-secret-2.jpg
34 KB, 425x283
>>27943268
>but not soon
The VHS already has an adjustable stock.

I'm thinking it wouldn't be hard to fit one of those MP5 kinda collapsable wire stocks onto a short bullpup
>>
>>27942367
KelTec RDB made by FN.
>>
>>27942656
I believe it will be at an upcoming private gun expo in January. So, hopefully not too much later after that.
>>
>>27943027

they will finally give us pricing on the thing next week, but that's a far cry from release. I too am looking forward to picking one up.

>>27943082

i'm no engineer, but from the way they have it designed, it doesnt look like they have many options in mind in reguards to the stock. the best i can see them doing is making buttplates with varying thickness.
>>
>>27942407

A little off topic, but anybody know what kind of optic this is?

i'm trying to decide what would look good on the MDR, i kinda like the spacegun look it has going, so im looking for something low profile to put on it.
>>
>>27942407
>full ambidextrous control
That's a no
Like the AUG, if you have any sort of large optic you're going to be unshouldering the rifle, probably pointing it down, and reaching over with your right hand to get at the charging handle.

I would much rather a charging handle i can get at just by moving my offhand up and back than what an AUG or F2000 would require.
Even the FAL has this flaw.
>>
File: tkb_022pm_by_ohlopkov-d6wc16h.jpg (146 KB, 850x515) Image search: [Google]
tkb_022pm_by_ohlopkov-d6wc16h.jpg
146 KB, 850x515
>TKB-022PM short feed mechanism
>forward or down ejection
>ambi controls
>dual mag release
>AUG style barrel swap, if possible
>adjustable grip distance
That way you can adjust the LOP without adding a stock that makes the gun fucking xbox hueg like the VHS. Look at the length on the VHS, it's atrocious. It wouldn't be quickly adjustable but oh well.
>hammer/striker sear in the front for better trigger pull
Like the RFB. Pretty easy mechanism, just not popular

If the gun has downward ejection, then the fore-end can be a simple tube like AR handguards. Make it from carbon fiber for extra low weight.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.