[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: stripes.jpg (184 KB, 625x951) Image search: [Google]
stripes.jpg
184 KB, 625x951
k, son wants to join the Marines. He's 23, adrift in life, working as a waiter in a restaurant right now.

Graduated college, has BA in art, half-assed ambitions to be an artist but no drive. When he's not working he hangs out with friends and smokes weed.

Never expressed any desire to join the military, but his childhood friend is joining and took him to a recruitment event and now he wants to join up with his friend.

I'm afraid this kid is going to regret this decision, as there is nothing in his character to indicate he would thrive in any branch of the service.

What advice do I give him?
>>
>>27942103
Go the officer route
>>
Tell him to not be soft.
>>
File: 1445124643228.png (1 MB, 989x722) Image search: [Google]
1445124643228.png
1 MB, 989x722
>>27942103
niggas 23, he should be able to make his own decisions.
shit, does this look like /parenting/ to you?
>>
File: space be chill.jpg (43 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
space be chill.jpg
43 KB, 500x281
Encourage him, when he gets back from his service, he will appreciate his freedoms and opportunities more than ever, and might do something with his life. It will also get him into shape and raise his confidence level.
>>
>>27942103

If he's really that inept have him join the Army. Marines have a higher drop out percentage.
>>
>>27942103
Perfect candidate for a couple tours desu. No drive, no problem, initiative isn't needed or encouraged for junior enlisted and some life experience that isn't sucking bongs and his bro's cock might make him less of a faggot.

Sounds like prime terminal lance material and it's not like he's wasting a bunch of potential.
>>
>>27942103
BA in art, means you've already failed as a parent. Go start a blog about it somewhere else
>>
>>27942144
You're right. This kid needs more than I can give him right now. I just hope he gets through it without coming home more of a dipshit.
>>
File: download (8).jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
7 KB, 259x195
>>27942212

Honestly you sound like a fucking faggot loser failure father.

Good for him joining the Marine Corps, sounds like he has a nutsac unlike you.

So petty, so judgmental.
>>
>>27942103
First of all, the friend is likely using him as a referral to get a promotion out of boot camp.

But it might be good for him, who knows. Stop micro-managing your fucking 23 year old son you fucking boomer asshole.
>>
>>27942986
Do they allow parents to visit their children at boot camp?

If I could rent a place nearby I could give him encouragement.

I think even if I just shouted at him through the fence while he was going through training, it might give him the extra boost he needs.
>>
>>27942103
He's never going to make it in mindbroken muhreens and he should have made better friends that don't do drugs.

There is literally nothing you can do and he'll find out the hard way.
>>
>>27945167
I guess you're right. There's nothing to do but support him and wait for him to figure things out.
>>
>>27942103

Let him join. Maybe it'll make a better man out of him than you did.

>BA in art

Jesus... might as well be a communications degree.
>>
>>27945098
you haven't coddled him like this all his life have you?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.