[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ammo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: 556.jpg (399 KB, 1147x1294) Image search: [Google]
556.jpg
399 KB, 1147x1294
How does /K/ manage ammo? Do you buy as you shoot or do you buy a few boxed here and there and have a long practice session? And how do you afford it as well.
>>
>have 2 different stashes that I feed every now and then
>stash 1 is for people
>stash 2 is for paper and other assorted shit
>only use stash 2 for plinking
>also be greedy and always look for the best deals when ever I can find them
>>
>>27939487
i try to buy in bulk, then never shoot it
>>
>>27939507
I love freedom munitions for that reason. I try to keep at least a couple hundred rounds for now for just in case.
>>
I buy by the thousand, if I can. Lasts me a while.
>>
>>27939516
Hord mode?
>>
>>27939535
Is it worth buying in bulk? Economically I mean?
>>
>>27939487
Buy in bulk once or twice a year for practice rounds, as I need then for specialty ammo, and just budget for it.
>>
>>27939548
Where do you buy?
>>
>>27939487
I planted several different calibers in my back yard years ago.
Every spring I go and harvest from my trees.
>>
I buy the shit up when I can and feel horrible when I shoot it. It's a state of mind that's gonna need some work.

But I do have a soviet stockpile of 54r to be happy about
>>
>>27939487
handload everything. I buy for the brass. You can make better ammo, cheaper, and whenever you need it. It gives me something to do when wife is being naggy.
>>
>>27939487
It depends on the caliber.
>cheap 223 for blasting - I buy 500 rounds at a time and shoot half, stash the rest
>300 Blackout - I roll my own subsonic for suppressed shooting. For hunting and Jamal removal it's Barnes 110gr solid copper all day
>>
>>27939564
not him but I like Aim Surplus and Palmetto State Armory
>>
>>27939487
Reload 30-06 M1 Ball and buy my .357ma/.38special in bulk online
>>
>>27939564
Depends on which place has the best special at the time. I think my last batch came from Lucky Gunner, but that was back in December.
>>
>>27939622
>and feel horrible when I shoot it.
literally the reason why I've put ~50 rounds into my ar15 in a year. I feel like /arg/
>>
Every payday I set back funds for ammo. Anytime I have to go by places like Walmart or drive by a place like Dicks I run in, grab a box, and stash it. If I go to a flea market or something similar, I buy a box and stash it. After a while of doing that I've lost count. Whenevet I go shoot I just grab a few boxes and head out. The stash will replenish over time
>>
File: GunSafe&AmmoCloset.jpg (891 KB, 1920x1564) Image search: [Google]
GunSafe&AmmoCloset.jpg
891 KB, 1920x1564
I just buy in large quantities when I'm starting to get somewhat low.
>>
File: IMAG1609.jpg (2 MB, 2144x3808) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1609.jpg
2 MB, 2144x3808
>>27939487
Depends on how I feel. Generally speaking I like my mags to be full after each range trip.
>>
>>27939577
i find that the smaller calibers tend to produce more if you put them in full sun.
>>
Buy it, don't shoot it for months then when one of my friends comes out to go innawoods we shoot a fuckton of it then I have to buy more. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
File: P1070063.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
P1070063.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>27939487
>novelist here
>tl;dr I buy ammo at a much higher rate than I shoot and afford it with jobs
I don't have any complex strategy to my ammo buying and stocking. I don't even shoot all that much so a spam can goes a long ways. And BY FAR, I shoot my pellet rifle the most. I do shoot my real guns very often, but don't go through much ammo in a session since I'm backyard master race and I don't feel compelled to make my range time count. There's days when I'll walk out and just not see anything worth shooting and just end up walking back inside. And I afford it by having a couple jobs, jobs I enjoy at least. I doubt I've had any real vacation since late 2008 on terminal leave from the chair force. My "vacation" is harvest at the farm, and it's more of a break from the monotony of my other year-round job than a vacation since I work far more hours per day that time of year.
As for my strategy, I basically just try to keep two crates worth of untouchable minimums for the main ammo types I shoot, but I'm not desperate to reach that goal either. For me, those would be the three russian calibers since I enjoy shooting them the most, and they're the most economical to stock up on. I'll probably concentrate on deeply stacking factory 188 54r surplus this next year since there's no guns I'm really planning to get and 54r is my favorite to shoot.
As for 223 and 308, I only try have a small stack since I know I can pick more up any time. Then I keep quite a bit of 12ga on hand because I shoot trap/skeet and hate running out so I just got 10 boxes earlier this year, 8 remain since the person who runs the skeet club had some new job schedule issues so we didn't shoot as much as last year. Otherwise, I just have a bunch of 8mm mauser and 32acp because I just stocked up a bit when I got new toys, then am taking forever to go through it.
>>
I tend to buy steelies, but for my more exotic calibers I buy, shoot, and reload.
And am fucking OCD when I lose a piece of brass.
>>
I am yes to the ammo buy but sometime I go not to the take.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 500x343
>>27939487
I just buy it when its cheap

>mfw i found out i have over 2k of 30-06 m2 ball
>>
>>27939545
It's only worth buying in bulk.
>>
File: ammo May2015 (3).jpg (185 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
ammo May2015 (3).jpg
185 KB, 768x1024
Buy in bulk and when on sale. I don't like to be under a thousand on most calibers.
>>
>>27940179
alright shut the fuck up
>>
If I don't buy a case and I'm just buying individual boxes, I buy double what I'm going to use. Shoot a box, save a box. Have range time and still build up supply.
>>
Buy ammo faster than you shoot it for a few years and you'll have at least 5-10,000 on hand in no time.

Unless you're a queer that doesn't shoot his guns.
>>
File: IMG_20151117_110131757.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151117_110131757.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
I just buy when it's cheap. A few boxes here and there adds up before long.
>>
The only reason I see people buy single boxes only before they shoot is that they don't shoot often and don't really care to shoot.
>>
File: ammo May2015 (4).jpg (206 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
ammo May2015 (4).jpg
206 KB, 768x1024
There should be some good sales this and next month. Time to stock up.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.