[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, how effective would it be to throw your pommel at somebody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: pommel1.jpg (279 KB, 730x480) Image search: [Google]
pommel1.jpg
279 KB, 730x480
Hey /k/, how effective would it be to throw your pommel at somebody during a duel?
>>
What do you think smart guy?
>>
As effective as throwing a rock.
>>
it would definitively end them rightly.
>>
If you do that, you might be ended rightly.

Ban assault pommels!
>>
>>27937054
Is that a butt plug?
>>
>>27937054
> It is myself
> Upstart vagabond acts in most uncooth manner
> Vulgar cur swaggers about rambling about 'moist nuggets'
> Privyhildthypeace.printingpress
> He insults my person and I turn the other cheek
> He insults her Royal Highness
> ohnayyoudidnot.semaphore
> Swords at Dawn
> The challenger appeareth and the matter of honor begins
> He hurls his pommel

mon visage when
>>
File: gm_34471601_detail.jpg (99 KB, 600x577) Image search: [Google]
gm_34471601_detail.jpg
99 KB, 600x577
>>27937140
>>
File: KK_5013_06.jpg (640 KB, 2124x1011) Image search: [Google]
KK_5013_06.jpg
640 KB, 2124x1011
the judicial duel in medieval europe was highly ritualised - the combatants would arrive, and be seated to face each other. Beside them, their coffin would be placed. A second, or page would present their arms, and so on.

At the commencement of the judicial combat, it was required that one or both of the combatants would "cast upon the other" - an item would have to be thrown.Normally, this was a spear.

As the weapon that's got more than a minor advantage in combat however, avoiding throwing away the spear could well be a tactical advantage - the spear-user can bind, control range, and the likes. likewise, you certainly dont want to throw your dagger, which puts you at a severe disadvantage when it comes to grappling and fghting on the ground - as these duels almost invariably did.

therefore it is very possible that the unscrewing pommel of the Gladiatoria group fechtbuch is not made to be effective as a weapon, but effective as an object to be "cast" against the opponent, fulfilling the criteria of the judicial law.
>>
>>27937054
Not as good as a hand grenade.
>>
>>27937342
...that's actually incredibly informative, thanks so much!
>Medieval Studies Minor let me die
>>
>>27937054
It would be far more effective to just smash them in the nose with it while it's still attached to their sword
>>
>>27937342
That's really cool thanks.
>>
>>27937054
Do you want your sword to come apart as soon as you swing it?
>>
>>27937054
it would be very painful
>>
>>27937054
Theres a vid on youtube, i saw it too. His points were credible. To summarise...not fucking very.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.