[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never seen this covered in any WW2 documentary but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: w42_09080181.jpg (510 KB, 1247x874) Image search: [Google]
w42_09080181.jpg
510 KB, 1247x874
I've never seen this covered in any WW2 documentary but I'm curious enough to wonder what happen to this during the late stages of the second world war?

I'm assuming it was leveled like everything else.
>>
How is this even remotely /weapons/ related? /pol/ is the nazi fanboyism containment board.
>>
>>27936667
Parts of it. The main rostrum still exists, without the nazi symbols.
There is a long discussion in the city of Nürnberg what to do with the remaining structures. Eiter to preserve them as some kind of monument or to destroy them, as they are not cheap to maintain.

For further information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_party_rally_grounds
>>
Funny enough, many of these monuments were made under the theory of "ruin value". According to this idea, monuments should be designed to produce aesthetically acceptable ruins thousands of years in the future, Roman style.
>>
>>27936667

Nürnberg is fucking awesome. The zeppelin grounds are almost exactly like in triumph of the will. There is a museum there which shows the evils of nascism. Was completely empty. Spent an enlightening day there. A+
>>
>>27936683
I don't really see how pol has anything to do with this, you don't see pol fighting wars do you?
>>
>>27936692
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/15-04-25-Goldener-Saal-Zeppelintrib%C3%BCne-N%C3%BCrnberg-RalfR-DSCF4463_4_5.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Kongresshalle_Saeulengang_TB.jpg
sexy shapes and textures
>>
>>27936699
It saddens me how much Germany is attempting to erase WWII, and how things like displaying Swastikas area criminal offense.

No, I am not a Nazi, and no, I don't have any love for the Third Reich. However, it is part of history, and it did happen. It should be remembered so it doesn't happen again, instead of eradicated from the public memory and swept under the rug. It DID happen, and that cannot be changed. It shouldn't be embraced, but it should be known.

Nobody "likes" to talk about our treatment of Indians during westward expansion of the US-- what with small pox blankets and the Trail of Tears, and yet, it is still covered in even the shittiest of high school history classes (At least, it was when I was in school?) and it isn't illegal to talk about it, nor do people cower in fear when they do. Same goes for the Japanese interment in WWII-- it may not be the most fun days of class, but it is still there.
>>
File: 1365657378918.jpg (20 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1365657378918.jpg
20 KB, 170x170
hey guyz i've never seen this covered in any afghan war documentary but what happened in madoka episode 8 during the late stages of the afghan war?
>>
>>27936728
*WWII and the Holocaust
>>
>>27936728
Germany is still an occupied country
These policies come straight from the US
>>
File: nürnberg.jpg (886 KB, 1920x1090) Image search: [Google]
nürnberg.jpg
886 KB, 1920x1090
>>27936667
>>
>>27936728
I think its to with if germans see a swastika their clothing changes and suddenly they are dressed as nazi's and from there it begins to spread like a plague.

So, In a attempt to prevent this they cull any signs of nazi's to prevent the population from becoming nazi's.

As if.
>>
>>27936912
That would of made a great racing track Or shopping center.
>>
>>27936939
Any western population would turn "nazi" if somehow right wing nationalists got in charge
Theres so many problems ignored by the left wing elite, because they don't give a fuck about the country or the people in it.
>>
>>27936728

Anything involving politics is cursed with stupidity and historical inaccuracy.

Politics is cursed in general IMO.

Nobody tells you these things..

Like people thinking ancient Greece was full of pedophiles and homosexuals. It was all political slander, one state talking shit about another.

The Nazis using a symbol thousands of years old instead of making their own....

The "confederate battle flag" which NEVER represented the confederacy and had nothing to do with slavery or racism...

Politics is cursed with the stupid.

The Germans have every right to be pissed off, too. If you push someone until they snap and start being destructive then use that as an excuse to control them, you're being the greatest kind of evil manipulator. Germany was waging war no differently than anyone else.

The French tried conquering Europe and Russia too but we don't hold anything against them for it... Europe isn't occupying France and demanding reparations for the Napoleonic wars.

But FUCK those uppity krauts!

I can actually see politics devolving real time now. On 9/11 Saudi Arabs killed 3000 Americans, so America invaded Iraq and Afghanistan and ultimately found what they were looking for in Pakistan... virtually in an allied nations military base, no less.

Politics is becoming irrelevant. I'm not sure it ever mattered.... half the nations on this planet didn't exist a hundred years ago. It's a strange world.
>>
>>27937005

Judging from the writing of Aristophanes (who was speaking of his own countrymen, not a foreign nation) homosexuality did exist - but it was a perogative and stereotype of the upper class. The joke being the nobleman was a jailbait chasing pervert in the gym and the lower class older man was a horny pervert who wanted little girls to sit on his lap. There's also fairly reliable evidence for the whole erastes/eromenus relationship.

The problem is pop culturalization of it. They present an easy to consume narrative that suggests Greece was like San-Fran Pride parade, or because the Greeks didn't have a early modern European notion of race that they weren't racist - when on the contrary they were horribly bigoted to the point that would seem ridiculous to early modern racist Europeans.
>>
>>27937048

I'm sick of it all, honestly.

I feel like while everyone's sucking sciences dick and feeling like humanity's technology will create a fountain of youth, we are actually getting stupider and stupider..
>>
>>27936954
Don't give a shit about being a Nazi but wouldn't that be a sight for sore eyes-- right wing nationalists that is
>>
>>27937115
Easy access to knowledge removes emphasis from critical thought skills, making the truly stupid worse. Also, modern tech and society keep more and more people alive that should have died if nature took its course. I suppose removing the the struggle from life ends up making a lot of fat, dumb people.
>>
>>27936954
This is why Trump has so much traction right now.
>>
>>27936728
>It should be remembered so it doesn't happen again
Not even that. It should be remembered because some of the bravest soldiers in history fought on the Reich's behalf and they don't deserve to be erased from history.
>>
>>27936728
>It should be remembered so it doesn't happen again, instead of eradicated from the public memory and swept under the rug. It DID happen, and that cannot be changed. It shouldn't be embraced, but it should be known.
what are you on about? it is being remembered, the atrocities of the nazi regime are absolutely not being swept under the carpet, the public memory is not being shielded from the history, if anything, it is the opposite, it is very well known and people are very aware of it
>>
>>27936686

I hate it when people want to destroy history good or bad. 300 years from now no one will even care about the morality of the time, much like we don't care about the morality of the 16th century but think any relics of the time are amazing.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.