[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why arent flight suits just standard issue for infantry? Seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: mp6.jpg (2 MB, 1957x3000) Image search: [Google]
mp6.jpg
2 MB, 1957x3000
Why arent flight suits just standard issue for infantry?
Seems like it would effectively cover you and snag less on gear or environment
Besides the difficulty taking a shit what are the down sides that Im missing
>not shitting completely naked
>>
>>27936177
sizing issues is most likely the main reason.

But really it because it would be awkward to take a poop
>>
>>27936190
like i said, shit completely nude
>>
>can't poop

what if there was an ass flap or the bottom half were assless chaps?
>>
People who shit through ass flaps are fucking troglodytes, fuckin drags on the floor and front of the toilet with everybody's piss mixed with floor dirt and if it's actually the military fucking jizz too
>>
>>27936238
>having to take off all your gear to take a shit in the field
>>
>>27936282
>not pregaming a nice steamer before you leave base

its like youve never been on a road trip
>>
>>27936288
>every shit comes on a predictable schedule

You know how I know you have never taken a shit before
>>
>>27936294
5:40 PM East coast time

Its like you eat fast food once a day
>>
>>27936317
I don't eat fast food, unless of course I am on a road trip
>>
>>27936294
It enough fiber, veggies and shit, and you can eventually push the time to every morning.
>>
>>27936325
>eating enough fiber in combat
Moooorooon
>>
>>27936254
>>27936266
>>27936282
>>27936288
>>27936294
>>27936317
>>27936320
>>27936325
>>27936349
see OP, this is why. Like I said it's mostly about pooping.
Just image a ass load of generals yelling over how there men will go poo in the loo..........well except the India ones
>>
>>27936349
http://www.fineli.fi/food.php?foodid=29237&lang=en

Doable if it is taken into account and you aren't just supplied fatty Mc.Fat foods

39g fibre / 100g
>>
>>27936177
Are those guys wearing flight suits or just really tight olive drab BDUs?
>>
>>27936177
balls get squeezed when you crouch or lift your knees.

Or you put on a larger one, and restrict movement of legs when walking/running.
>>
seems uncomfy as fuck, the shirt and the pants in one piece will just pull all over the place when you kneel and get up and move in general

also this>>27937173
>>
File: SEAL_MP5N.JPEG.jpeg.jpg (36 KB, 458x288) Image search: [Google]
SEAL_MP5N.JPEG.jpeg.jpg
36 KB, 458x288
>>27936762
>tight BDUs, tighter groupings
>>
because we make fire proof bdus and acus now, so the whole reason marines were wearing flight suits went out the window.

seriously, acus are far more comfortable.
>>
>>27938233
I've never worn a flight suit, but I've worn a CVC (combat vehicle crewman) uniform and it's pretty much the same thing as a flight suit.
Those were like going to war in PJ's.
That said I wouldn't really want to dismount in them, FRACU's are superior if you're dismounted.
>>
File: acus.jpg (47 KB, 494x600) Image search: [Google]
acus.jpg
47 KB, 494x600
>>27938253
while on the subject of acus, did anyone else feel ucp was just a little tiny bit off the mark? look at it. if they had replaced the colors with the green brown and tan in multicam, it'd been a solid pattern.
>>
>>27938290
Only everyone, That's why it's finally being replaced.
How is this still even a question?
>>
>>27936177
make first aid kind of awkward if you ask me. my team in iraq had flight suits issued (they're nomex was the thinking) but they were just very awkward to do shit in. we ended up just wearing them from the waist down most of the time.
>>
>>27938233
Why were flames such a big issue in Iraq that they started issuing them?
>>
>>27938302
i mean, it was replaced and all, it's just disappointing. I kinda of like digital "square" patterns, and If they'd just picked better colors, we could of kept it instead of multicam.

>>27938324
ieds
>>
>>27938324
IED, first ones were using propane bottle, so more incendiary and blast than penetration, now they got all fancy shit
>>
File: x354-q80.jpg (19 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
x354-q80.jpg
19 KB, 354x354
Infantry should start wearing these.

Camouflage is about as relevant as horses for modern warfare.
>>
>>27936190
nomex coveralls for us army ground vehicle crewman have a butt flap.

though the US Army got rid off all the nomex one piece jumpsuits and coveralls for something that looks like normal ACUs. Because someone was butthurt about tankers, pilots, crew chiefs, fuelers, and ammo handlers wearing their jump suits when they were not a risk of catching fire.
>>
>>27938324

The regular Garrison uniforms would melt into people's wounds, making treatment more difficult. So they started issuing muhreens frog (flame resistant organizational gear) cammies instead. So much comfier than the Garrison ones.

Army also got the similar/same stuff.
>>
gets very hot and you have to take everything off to take a piss
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.