[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/, I'm turning 21 soon and that means I'll be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
So /k/, I'm turning 21 soon and that means I'll be able to legally purchase a handgun and conceal carry in my state.
What handgun would you recommend? I'd want something that's easy to shoot, reliable and would take someone down who was coming at me relatively fast. It'll probably sit in my closet 99% of the time unless I practice shooting it, but I feel like it's a useful thing to have and know how to use.
>>
most handguns fit what you're looking for here. What's important is to get out there and actually shoot a few handguns, pick the one that feels best, the one you are most accurate with, something intuitive, with which you can draw and shoot quickly and effectively. Everyone is different. That said I'm a lefty and I CC a full size Remington 1911R1
>>
>>27936194
I planned on shooting a few, shitloads of gunshops with ranges with me. I was just wondering if anyone had any preferences when it comes to them.
Should I buy a higher caliber than 9mm? Or can that take down someone pretty fast? I've seen videos of people taking them like they aren't shit and if some crazy mother fucker is trying to kill me I don't want to have to worry about that.
>>
>>27936206
I've first gotta ask m/f? how tall? how much do you weigh? Are you an experienced shooter? This will all help me make a more educated recommendation
>>
>>27936213
Male, about 220, 6 foot.
I've never shot a gun in my life.
>>
>>27936217
Well let me think a bit on exactly what gun, but I certainly am not limiting them as much as I would if you were smaller. I am also 6' even. I'm going to go with a full size handgun, as it won't be hard to conceal on your frame
>>
I should have asked this earlier: What are you willing to spend?
>>
>>27936232
300-600 dollars, 600 being the limit. I'd like to keep it as low as possible.
>>
Recommending .45 cal, .40 is shit I don't care what anyone says. In that price range I've got 3 handguns you should try out. Like I said, shoot first then make your choice if you can.

1.1911, there are tens of different brands to choose from, varying in quality and price. I paid $700 for my Remington R1 and it was worth every penny. Read reviews, don't get the cheap ones. Get a Hogue overmolded grip, srsly.
2. S&W M&P45, Good quality,more capacity compared to 1911. Feels comfy in the hand. Trigger safety feels weird, not bad once you get used to it, but it is noteworthy. You need to hold one to see what I mean.
3.Springfield XD45, I've never shot one, but I hear good things. Not as sexy as the other two.
>>
>>27936315
Appreciate it man.
>>
>>27936321
no prob, and I didn't even give you pics
>>
>>27936321
Buy the way, is this the XD45?
http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/xd-service-model-45-acp/
A gunshop near me has it and it's a bit over 550.
That fucking 1911 is sexy though, damn.
>>
>>27936174
Glock 19
There is a reason why its ubiquitous as fuck.
Find a used one, get it new, whatever.
If later you want to go another way, you'll have a huge buyer base.
9mm ammo is cheap as shit too.
>>
>>27936339
>buy the way
Jesus, you know what I meant.
I'm tired.
>>27936341
I was thinking one of those, are they cheap?
>>
>>27936174
For a first time gun owner and shooter I'd probably say get a 9mm so that you can get used to the recoil and the feel of shooting a gun. You can get a 10mm and/or a .45 later on if you want something bigger and more powerful later on. In your price rage I'd say:
Glock 17
Glock 19
Sig p226
Walther PPQ
HK USP
All of the above are either strictly 9mm or have models available in 9mm. Go to the fun store, ask around, finger fuck the guns see which ones feel good in your hand and see of they have the same models that you can shoot first before you buy anything. Once you find a gun you like buy it, and some food for it and get to shooting. Get comfortable and proficient with your new friend before getting your CCP and then you're good to go and will be welcomed into the haz gunz club with open arms.
Hope that helped OP.
>>
>>27936414
It did, thank you.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.