[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help a normie out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: 2015-11-19-23-14-40-1912364586.jpg (7 KB, 194x145) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-19-23-14-40-1912364586.jpg
7 KB, 194x145
Why do people hate hi point firearms? Are they low quality or something else I'm not getting here?
>>
>>27935830
They're unergonomic as fuck and have a reputation for being used as cheap beater guns by gang members to commit murders.

In other words, they're generally not guns that shooting enthusiasts would buy for anything but pure novelty.
>>
>>27935830
I'll take the bait.
Basically the only reason to ever purchase a hipoint is if you literally can't afford anything else, and absolutely need a gun as soon as possible. If you're not in dire need of a gun, save up an extra one or two hundred dollars and buy something actually worth owning.
>>
>clunky
>heavy
>ugly

Most people hate then because they're not used by devgru and mall ninjas can't accessorize them with lasers and custom red dot sights.
>>
maybe it was kinda cool when they were 100 bucks and you had a pos you could chug around and didnt care if it got damaged
but now if you pay over 100 bucks for one you probably need to be shot by one
>>
>>27935860
I think most people hate them for the three points you said. The last sentence was just retarded.
>>
File: fallout4.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout4.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
>>27935830
they're the same quality as shitty blocks or sigs, and function the exact same.

They can be just as reliable but get an ass reputation because fanboys invest too much money in other guns that do the exact same that hi-points do. There's a reason the high-dollar 1911 community is so elitist, theyve invested so much in their guns its gone to their heads.

Go ahead compare a glock to a hi point in everything, and you'll realize the only differences there actually are is that the hipoint is 1/5th the price, only holds a few less bullets, but is way more accurate than the glock.

>inb4 fanboy shills try to argue against this
>>
>>27935884
you're trying too hard. you won't get many bites by throwing a disco ball into the water.
>>
>>27935890
>hurr i dont agree so its b8
>>>/b/
>>
>>27935884
Eh... They're good in the sense that they're guns that anyone can afford, but that's it. They're single stack only, which is a disadvantage in most cases. They're direct blowback only, which is also a disadvantage in most cases. Their triggers are pretty crappy, they're not aesthetically pleasing at all, they're crazy heavy, and their controls aren't the most user friendly. Their construction is fairly solid, though, and their price point and warranty can't be beat. They serve a purpose, but they're definitely not on a level with guns from pretty much any other manufacturer.
>>
>>27935912
nothing he (you) said was even remotely accurate.
have another (you) though.
>>
People don't like them since they are so cheap as to be considered throwaways, or have long-term reliability issues (never mind the warranty which would solve that)

People would rather invest in a more solid design, even if it's far less cost-efficient.

People who just want a gun that goes bang like hi points, and gun-owners are all stupid faggot elitists who love jerking over over /muh 9mm muh safetys dangerous and all sorts of retard circlejerks can't stand this kind of filthy casual getting into firearms ownership.
>>
>>27935830
>hate

there isn't toooo much hate for them

they're cheap, reliable, perform well, and reasonable quality for the price.

They also look ugly as shit and are pretty common ghettoblasters due to price.
>>
>>27935997
Oh, forgot to mention the rest of the cons.

They're big, thick, heavy, relatively low capacity compared to similar sized handguns, etc.
>>
i had one in .380 for a while. it was fine. it was loud as FUCK to shoot which made me not shoot it much because there are no ranges near me, id shoot at the river or out in the county. i put probably 15 boxes of ammo through it then traded it for a bose bluetooth speaker worth 4 times as much.
>>
>>27935830
Ive got one of the 9mm carbines. Cheap and fun to shoot. Takes whatever i feed it no problem. Never even clean it, just piss some clp in the action and it keeps on going
>>
>>27935845

Thread should've ended here.
>>
>>27935845
>>27935858
Not OP, but thanks for being honest
>>
>>27938616
I didnt even know they made carbines, any hope for a magazine extention?
>>
File: 20151119_095858.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151119_095858.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
i own a hipoint c-9. i like it just fine. my wife has shot it, my 11 y/o son, my 9y/o daughter..l nobody had any problems, it never jamms and it feels just fine in my hands.

my 1 gripe about it is that to take the slide off you need to pop out a pin. but im sure this is true about allot of guns.
>>
>>27935858
Look into older used handguns. My LGS had a fairly nice (albeit ugly as sin) ruger p85 for $225 out the door. If you shop around, you can get sugnificantly better guns than a hi-point. Their warranty is a nice bonus, but you shouldn't ever need to send a firearm back to the manufacturer to fix it.
>>
>>27938877
wow, i thought people would be more interested in asking an actual owner about this.
>>
>>27935830
It has a grip that somehow flies out of less than huge hands when sweaty. Too fat to add cover-grips to, and the trigger guard leaves little room for said huge hands fat fingers.

There ya go.
>>
>>27939008
>flies out of less than huge hands
see:
>>27938877
>my wife has shot it, my 11 y/o son, my 9y/o daughter..nobody had any problems
>>
>>27935830
I own the carbine. Amazing $296 gun out the door. Has rails too.

I will say this:
They look weird.
The ergonomics are strange,but not such that it impedes performance any more than another slightly unusual gun does (I'm looking at you top mag ps90).
It has a single stack 10 round mag.
Trigger is meh. I mean it's not an AR, but I payed more for my AR upper than for the hipoint anyway.
BUT:
The warranty is god tier.
It jammed only once, fresh out of the box only lightly lubed.
It eats everything from steel case to brass to aluminum.
It doesn't give a fuck about not getting cleaned often.
It's pretty balanced weight wise.
It still has a thumb safety and thumb button mag, so it has pistol ergonomics as far as the grip goes.

Hipoints are despised as ghetto blaster guns, cuz 'mah glawk fortay' shit, and because they are similar to the old Saturday night special throwaway murder guns. But they take a beating, are very reliable, are inexpensive, and are decently accurate.

If walmart had a Great Value off-brand pistol, it would be a Hipoint. If you can't afford anything else, hipoint will still let you defend your home and exercise your 2nd Amendment rights.
>>
>>27935884
>they're the same quality as shitty blocks or sigs, and function the exact same.

You having a giggle mate?

They're shit- built straight blow back junk.
>>
>>27938986
Wait, you actually own a hipont. OMsquee. How did you do it? Tell me everything.

I've never talked to someone with a hipoint before.

Better?
>>
>>27935830
Basically, Hi-Point got sued to near death after Columbine because one of their carbines was used. They are pretty much the same unergonomic single stack ghettoblasters they were before you were born.

Basically, Hi Point is a huge heavy shitty pistol with shit tier capacity. There's room for double stack, but:
They're kind of broke for R&D, see above about lawsuits, and
Their CEO went all Bill Ruger and was vocal about having no desire to develop higher capacity magazines - not that I blame them, clientele considered.
>>
>>27938938
I see that more in relation to vehicle trade ins. Getting high on the mileage? Trade it in for a new one.

That warranty, muh god. Im gonna load super hot .45 rounds and blow the fucker up, then get a new one. Its like the ultimate toy.
>>
>>27939805
The hotter the round, the better they run. Good luck "blowing one up". You'll blow up a Glock or S&W before you blow up a Hi-Point.
>>
>>27940059
There's a YouTube video out there with two dudes trying their damndest to kill one and they can't.
>>
>>27940124
they had to put a large steel bolt in the barrel before it blew
>>
>>27938591
This is either 9/10 b8 or you are an ultra-negro
>>
>>27939608
well i just thought because every thread i see with people shitting on them, there never seems to be anyone who actually OWNS one. \
>>
>>27938877
The thing about removing a pin to separate the slide and frame is highly unusual. I would be worried about wear in the polymer from drifting a pin out.
>>
>>27935864
I don't know why people are willing to pay more than $100 for them if they are as awful as we always hear, but there is still a market for them even though they cost about $250 before tax from the local gun shop and about $200 on Armslist. I wouldn't even buy one just for being a total pain in the ass to take down.
>>
>>27943114
I hear nothing but good things.
If anything its just the small stuff, like trigger pull and iron sights that deter people.
>>
>>27938845
Theres a 15 round promag made one thats shit. I think the 45 carbine can use 1911 mags with some modification
>>
>>27944808
I seen the pmag ones, all i found were 12 round. But they all had horrible reviews.

I wouldnt wana void the warranty jimmy jacking with the "mag well".
>>
>>27944976
The modification is to the magazines i believe not the magwell itself
>>
The Hi-Point Carbines are real easy to shoulder and point, I like them. Great plinking gun for less than $200? Yeah, I'm sold.
>>
They are cheap beater guns.

The people who hate on them are usually kiddies who think real life is like a videogame where a $2000 1911 "does more damage" than a $200 HiPoint .45. I guess it makes them mad that it dosen't actually work that way and that they didn't actually push the performance envelope for "magdump at 5 feet or less".

In reality a bullet coming out of a HiPoint will kill you just as dead as any other gun. If you absolutely need a gun right now and have a three digit savings account at the bank then its perfectly fine. Sometimes I think people with expensive firearms bag on them because it makes them mad to think their super special "USED BY NAVY SEALS/DELTA FORCE/MARSOC" sidearm isn't actually special and they paid five times more for basically aesthetics.

When you cut away the hobby from owning a gun and are literally only concerned with shooting someone who tries to break into your house HiPoints become a practical and attractive option. All a gun is to the pragmatic shooter is a box that throws bullets at bad guys.

This is kind of unique to firearms compared to other mechanical devices. For instance you couldn't buy a car with shitty ergonomics for $2000 new that could keep up with a Charger. That is another factor in HiPoint hate that I have noticed is people simply not understanding that shit just dosen't matter. It pretty much only works that way with firearms and I guess people can't wrap their brain around it.

I would put good money down that HiPoint firearms have killed more people than Wilson Combat / Dan Wesson / Other Boutique Pistol Brand.
>>
>>27946909
They don't like hollow points.
>>
>>27938877
Good for you. I'm just surprised some actually liked the grip on one. They fit like a glock in my hands, so I've avoided them for that reason.

Maybe I'll buy one just for the sake of having one. Some day.
>>
>>27946909
>You wouldn't prefer to trust your life to a hundred dollar gun that has as much evidence of being shoddily built as it does managing to go bang?
>WELL SORRY IT'S NOT A $3000 1911

Well you have me there.

>You'd drive a shit car if you had to, why wouldn't you trust your life to a weapon that might not work when your life is on the line?

Damn, I've been so blind this whole time.

Anon it sounds like you're going through some very serious buyer's regret, and I'm sorry. But if you absolutely need a gun, there's a number of shotguns out there that cost as much as a Hi-Point without having the 4:1 lemon to working gun ratio.
>>
>>27947125

You are the exact kind of person I was talking about. Stepping on your own dick trying to run out the door telling everyone how bad something you have probably never even seen IRL is.

>inb4 you suddenly include some story about how bad they are that you didn't mention in that post

You think someone should buy a shitty JC Higgins pump for $150 instead of a factory new handgun? Because unless you know someone who likes you that is about all you are going to find in that price range.

Or maybe you are just sitting in your bedroom at your parents house staring at a Mk.23 you bought instead of putting a down payment on a car? Maybe it makes you mad that some hoodrat could blast you just as dead with his $150 gun as you could with a NAVY SEALS OFFENSIVE HANDGUN WEAPON SYSTEM?

Sounds like it.
>>
File: 1443233512763.png (124 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
1443233512763.png
124 KB, 5000x2571
>>27947433
>rekt
>>
File: Yugo-ad.jpg (281 KB, 670x452) Image search: [Google]
Yugo-ad.jpg
281 KB, 670x452
>>27946909
There once was such a car
>>
>>27940381
I'm in Kansas man you can legally do whatever you want with guns in this state, including trading them for other superfluous shit.
>>
>>27947433
No, I'd personally recommend a Maverick 88 or H&R Pardner.

Quick search finds me
http://www.slickguns.com/product/mossberg-maverick-12-ga-28-inch-pump-shotgun-16999-store-academy
and
http://www.slickguns.com/product/new-england-pardner-pump-12-ga-19999-store-only-gander-mountain

Two perfectly fine pump action shotguns for less than $200.

>You're exactly the kind of person I was talking about
The kind of person who only buys boutique guns? Yeah no, not wanting to waste money on a Hi-Point doesn't mean I want to waste money on a $1000 pistol either. Sorry.

Maybe you can still get $30 for your nigger blaster?
>>
>>27944976
Don't confuse Promag with PMag.

Those are very different things.
>>
>>27935860
They make a laser for it.

I own a hipoint.

Some buddies and i wrnt and bought them when a local store had a deal going on.
Hipoint 40, a case , and two boxes of magtec for $200

It is a surprisingly accurate gun.

And when out of ammo, you can beat someone with it. (it ways a fuck ton)

Great warrenty, but it is a cheap as can be gun. Cast metal, shitty quality plastic.
>>
>>27947433
I'm not who you responded to.

I am fine with the idea of a hi-point as an entry-level low tier gun. If it works, then great. If you can't afford anything else, then it would filll your void. I would still urge someone to save up and get into the $300-400 range for a much better, generally more reliable handgun. Police trade-ins, used last gen guns (p250, gen 3 glock, p99, etc.). If you shop around, you'rr bound to find a firearm that someone bought, fired just a few boxes through and decided "it's not accurate for me" and traded it in for credit towards their next toy.
>>
>>27947022
Lucky for us the /k/ube (DBUH) doesn't find FMJ haraam.
>>
>>27944976
Promag is an acronym Please Remember Our Magazines are Garbage.

PMAGS are made by Magpul and actually work.
>>
This thread is immortal.
>>
>>27950804
Hipoint is imortal
>>
>>27939805
>super hot .45 rounds and blow the fucker up
surely you realize your gun isn't the only thing that will be damaged when you grenade the little shit.
>>
>>27935830
here is a good video explaining

https://youtu.be/rCNx0Ql2ZZw
>>
>>27950971
Meh, so long as i dont make tard strong .45 rounds i should be fine.

But some 45 super... maybe slightly superier.
>>
Guys who own them really seems to like them. U have my suspicions, however. I tend to think Hi Point owners are like the losers who took the fat chick to prom. Of course, they aren't going to complain about the only chick who would go to prom with their loser ass.
>>
>>27935830
>Are they low quality or something

No but your picture is. What is this, a picture for ants??
>>
>>27935830

>Modern Day Liberator
>Nignogs love 'em
>They (the HiPoint, not the niggers) actually work
>>
>>27935845

I have one and yes its heavy and clunky but I find it more ergonomic than a glock. They are decent guns for the price.
>>
>>27951766
Ive been looking hard at hi point funs since this thread started. Apparently there isnt a damn thing wrong with the weapons. I have yet to see a single video or review that would indicate they are arent worth the money.

I did see a video where a couple guys were fireing a 4595ts and the front sight post broke loose from the barrel. They just tightened it back up and re zeroed it. Never had another problem.

Seen a iv8888 video where it shot a 4" group at 150 yards with a scope.

As far as i can tell the only real drawback is magazine capacity.
>>
>>27938877
i dont think hi points are meant to be cleaned. how is your 1 gripe not the short, slick grips?
>>
>>27947022
mine does.
>>
>>27951766
what makes you think that hi point owners dont have better guns as well?
>>
>>27953182
drawbacks
>mag capacity
>shitty slippery grips

pros
>cheap as fuck
>10rd mags cost $10
>accurate
>doesnt really need cleaning except the barrel
>>
>>27935830

Eh could be worse.

Could be a Rohm, RG, Lorcin, or Taurus.

Hi Points are Ugly, Shitty, Terrible, Guns... but they are Safe (unlike the above) and Reliable.
>>
>>27953789
I dont think the slippery grip is a con.

That more of an opinion, then again, ive never touched one. Might be like a wet bar of soap..
>>
>>27939465
Jesus m8 you overpaid, my shop sells those for 249 all said and done.
>>
>>27935830
The trigger sucks, the sights leave a lot to be desired, and the fact that the slide is so low to the grip means people with bigger hands can potentially get the web of skin between their thumb and index finger cut by the cycling of the slide.
>>
>>27951766
There's nothing wrong with fat girls. That's more cliche than bashing on hipoint owners. In my experience even a line like "hey bb u want sum fuk" works with them.
>>27938877
There much of a size difference with the C9 and something like a .45acp version? It almost sort of sounds like a joke to get a "compact" single stack 9mm hipoint.
I wonder if that pin holds the slide on in case it cracks so it doesn't fly off the back.

You think you'd get demonized more legally for shooting someone in self defense with a cheaper gun like a hi point than an extended-clip-assault-glock-47?
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.