[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Semi-auto Shotgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: vepr.jpg (266 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
vepr.jpg
266 KB, 900x600
Hey kommandos, what's best semi auto shotgun for home defense?

Particularly in the bang for the buck department. I am not a poorfag, but I don't want to spend 2k on a shotgun either.
>>
>>27932981
You already posted a picture of it

>mag fed
>capacity up to 12rd
>can shoot 3 inch shells easily
>can shoot 2.75 shells easily
>muh reliability

And I managed to squeak one in when they still had folders on them which is a plus, eve though I never use it
>>
>>27932981
basically a vepr or saiga. You already knew this answer.
>>
>>27932981
The basically any benelli, m3 and m4 are used by the military, and are quite good, some people really like wingmaster but I personally have no experience.
>>
>>27932981
That right there, or an M4.

VEPR12s are badass though.
>>
>>27932981

Anything that's reliable with your home defense ammo would be fine really. I'd like to see at least 7 rds in the tube (or mag if that's your thing) and either ghost ring or rifle sights, but your preferences may vary.

On the budget side, Mossberg 930 maybe?

Saiga's are ok, but can get spendy as you start throwing money at them and I'm not huge on the magfed shotgun thing, but also a decent choice.

A Remington 1100 isn't a bad choice.

Probably some turkish\ chinese shit I can't think of that will work well enough.

As a guy who isn't huge on shotguns, I have a Benelli Nova around because it's cheap, it's light and it works.
>>
While there's a scattergat thread,

Is the Catamount Fury shit?

I looked at one when they were first showing up and it didn't seem awful. Did the aftermarket ever happen for them? Compliance parts, extended mags, etc.?
>>
>>27932981
Stoeger M3000
>>
>>27933005
>or saiga
Did they start importing Saiga 12s that worked out of the box?

>>27933153
Just save the extra $200 for the Vepr
>>
File: 20150704_184714.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150704_184714.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1152
Anyone break that folder weld yet? I got drunk last night and pushed the button for shits and giggles. Soft slap on the folder and it was broke loose. Functions perfectly btw.
>>
>>27933273
>Did they start importing Saiga 12s that worked out of the box

From what I've seen, not really, most mostly work, but to be legal with the big mags you have to rebuild the damn things anyway.
>>
>>27933426
I did mine, also while slightly drunk. Whoever welded mine was serious about it.
Fucked up with the grinder so there's a tiny divot out of the receiver. Hardly noticeable and doesn't affect function but it still bothers the shit out of me.

To all /k/ommandos who want to break their weld, there's a stupidly easy way to do it:
>jam penny under release lever so it stays open
>swing rifle by the barrel at a hard surface
>???
>profit
>>
>>27932981
mossberg 930 JM PRO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WnTqnSzVEs
>>
>>27933722
I borrowed one of those in a 3gun comp before I got my benelli. The fucking RO was like "hurr lets ghost load, steve'll shit when it shoots 15 rounds" and it jams up like a motherfucker. The next round I use it the bolt handle came out when I was charging the gun. Then I borrowed an m2 and fell in love with it.
>>
>>27933670
Don't forget that 922r compliance...
>>
>>27933153
Not a lot of after market. Pretty good gun though. Either gotta pay extra for good quality control or just hope for the best. Very basic gun that works. Plus I got a %60 discount on mags when I bought it.
>>
File: 1444367027752.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444367027752.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>27933045
>benelli
>m4

I hope you're joking
>>
>>27935119
Yeah, the benelli m4. Like the one when you google "benelli m4" and it appears on the benelliusa website you stupid cunt.

Of all things to chirp about, you choose the benelli m4 when that comment mentioned a fucking wingmaster for a semi auto.
>>
>>27935119
>don't worry guys i'm only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>27933153
decent mag fed shotty once u account for proper gas setting got one at 399 n dnt regret it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.