[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ Was hoping you could help. My guy is into military history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: il_570xN.847870521_phu1.jpg (94 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.847870521_phu1.jpg
94 KB, 570x760
/k/

Was hoping you could help. My guy is into military history and ive been trying to figure out what I want to get him for Christmas.
I already picked out a piece of trench/shell art, awesome book siers from ww1 and a civil war best buckle anyone have any suggestions for somthing height like?

I was thinking of a scale tank either ww1 or 2 airsoft style for him to just have fun with.
>>
>>27932023
A WW1 rifle like a Steyr m95. They're pretty inexpensive I believe.
>>
File: Korean & WWII stuff 2.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
Korean & WWII stuff 2.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>27932023
Get him a US WWII M1 helmet. He will love you. The $150 is worth every penny for the historical value, and it'll be a family heirloom. That's what the M1 that my grandfather gave to me for my 10th birthday gift will become. I anticipate a child to hand it and the rest of my collection down to when I'm too old to keep the dust off of it.
(The helmet on the sleeping bag).
You can probably find a decent condition one on Ebay for 100 or lower is you play right. Alternatively, I've seen some originals going for about 100 at brick and mortar surplus stores. I'd check your area for stores and then call up and ask them if they have any on hand.
If you don't mind having a "bastardized" one, per say, check out the US headgear section on atthefront .com. They take original helmets and refurbish them, and sell them at a cheaper price than untouched originals if I'm not mistaken.
PS; be sure you are buying the liner with the steel shell.
>>
>>27932106
>>27932140
Sweet ill look into this money isent really an issue ive been eyeballing an original puckelhaube for 450.
>>
T B H a few blowjobs would suffice, but if you insist some historical books would be a good gift.
>>
File: il_570xN.838059789_tqi5.jpg (62 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.838059789_tqi5.jpg
62 KB, 570x428
>>27932348
Its a special occasion he can get that whenever. Was planning on getting him this set first editon 1919 by Frank Simons

Was
>>
Tits
>>
You're a pretty sweet GF/wife in that you actually care about your BF/husband's interests.
>>
>>27934080
so heteronormative
>>
File: 1432593455915.png (679 KB, 3839x2512) Image search: [Google]
1432593455915.png
679 KB, 3839x2512
>>27932023
First, I want to tell you that you sound like an amazing girlfriend since you're trying to buy your boyfriend something he'll be interested in. It also sounds like you have some decent cash which means he's pretty lucky. So I want to establish that I think you're great, and I'm not trying to be insulting or shut you down.

I would be careful about buying anything like a pickelhaube or other original militaria, because it is very, *very* hard to determine whether it's authentic or not, even if you're an expert. I'd hate to find out my girl dropped $450 on a fake, even though the thought was right.

Same goes for guns. I'd be amazingly stoked if anyone gave me a gun, but you need to understand that a lot of history buffs usually have some pretty specific goals when purchasing a rifle and if you're not them it's hard to know whether the gun you're getting them meets those goals. And, you need to know how to judge the condition of a gun as well. These are all fairly specialized skills.

Now the books should be okay, depending on your boyfriend's goals. Is he looking for an informative set, or a beautiful first edition for the bookshelf? If it's the latter, then your first edition Simonds set should be okay. If it's the former, you may want to get something more in-depth and more modern. If he's like me he's probably already read a million books written from the Allied perspective in the two world wars - perhaps he'd be interested in a book that tells the history of the first or second world wars from the opposite side?

If it feels like I'm limiting your options, I might suggest something: maybe tell him that you will give him X dollars and a trip to the local antique mall / gun show / etc. and he can pick out whatever he wants? Anyways, those are my own thoughts. I don't know your boyfriend, but for me, as much as I'd love the thought of someone purchasing me a gun / militaria piece / etc., I'd prefer that I be there to make sure the purchase is a good one.
>>
>>27934188
I have been getting some help from a history prof and the guys at the military surplus stores fpr authentication and what I need to look for.

I didn't want to get a gun bc im not sure exatclly what he would want.

He really likes the historical pieces late summer we were going out for lunch downtown whe he saw this huge military surplus store we.ditched lunch and spent 3 hours there looking atound and talking to the guys working there so I have a good idea of the antique pieces he likes. I know for sure he will love the tench art and book set. Im keeping an eye out for anything ww1 or british desert campaign.
>>
>>27934946
If he likes WW1 stuff then get him a Brodie helmet. It's a neat evolution of the kettle helmet.
>>
Thread has convinced me to dump my grillfriend.
>>
>>27932023
WW2 Austrian camo parka. Wool liner sold separate.

http://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/products_details.asp?SKU=JK159&catid=2114&ItemName=Austrian%20Camo%20Parka%20-%20Vintage
>>
>>27932189
$450 is a good price as long as its original

you are also the best wife ever FYI. my wife sucks at buying me milstuff
>>
File: shopping.jpg (8 KB, 259x193) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
8 KB, 259x193
>>27937456
Im going to take the info on that and this ww1 Prussian ulanen regiment helmet to the gentelman at the gentlemen at the military surplus stoe to look at.

A few of these replys make me kinda sad lol your girl should know your intrests.

>tfw he took me with him to the game shop
>spent an hour setting up battlefield and units for game
>first time playing crush his army in 45 min
Thats what he gets for playing Russian
>>
>>27934089
he'res your reply
>>
>>27938184
goals
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.