[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im stuck in MD which is a MAY ISSUE state, we have to have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1437142853761.jpg (75 KB, 615x843) Image search: [Google]
1437142853761.jpg
75 KB, 615x843
Im stuck in MD which is a MAY ISSUE state, we have to have a good reason to get a CCW, and self defense doesnt count unless you have a gang threat against you.

So in light of recent events, I am considering carrying without a permit.

Should I? Whats likely to happen if I get caught?
>>
Don't do it
>>
I did in Kansas for about 6 months. I haven't had a run in with the law in almost 10 years though.

I imagine if you keep a level head nobody will ever know.
>>
>>27931929
Thats what Im thinking....but I work armed security and would be fired if O got arrested n a gun charge.
>Have permit to wear and carry at work
>cant carry outside of work
>>
>>27931964
Also my main worry is getting caught for printing.
Im gomma ask the cop that lives up the street about it.
>>
>>27931900
I did it in Colorado before it became a shall issue state.
I never got caught, but I imagine if you did it would really depend on the cop. I wouldn't have felt comfortable carrying in Denver but I lived in a rural mountain town and Im pretty sure most of the cops out there wouldn't have cared, but there were still state troopers to worry about.
I carried "illegally" for like 3 years, pretty much everywhere I went, and I almost always mexican carried my 4" 686 or my full-size USP.
The funny thing is, is now that I have my permit I still feel uneasy when I'm carrying and see a cop. Old habits die hard I guess.
>>
>>27932000
Trips of truth
>>
>>27931900
I wouldn't. If carrying an unlicensed weapon lands you a felony in MD, say bye-bye to firearms for the rest of your life. You're much better off moving to a free state.
>>
Remember, handguns in our state are registered. When you get stopped, the cops can see that you're a gun owner. They will already have this knowledge in mind, raising the likelihood that you will be caught.
>>
>>27932125
I bought all of mine out of state and they never asked about why I have a suppressor but no registered handguns....or maybe you make a good point.
>>
>>27931900
I used to be worried about it, then I looked back and reflected on all the times I have actually been searched by a police officer in my life and since in my 28 years of being alive I was never once even considered for searching I decided my life is more important. so until I get my faggy fucking CCW im carrying illegally. however I use deep concealment by using a "urban carry" holster. so I never worry about printing and being a fag and someone seeing my gun because I bent down to tie my shoes or something.
>>
Say you have a gang threat against you? Tell them you tried to steal cocaine from some black Muslim guys one time and now your being gang stalked.

If you think this is retarded and will get you in trouble, well it won't. Just because you say you committed a murder doesn't mean you can be charged for it without evidence.

Carry everyday henceforth.
>>
>>27931900
>Im stuck in MD which is a NO ISSUE state
ftfy
>>
>>27931977
>Let's ask a cop whether or not I should follow the law
>>
Just say you have a gang threat against you...
"I was walking to my car one day and some young male adults said I was on "insert local gang name here"s turf. They attempted to mug me and I defended myself and ran to safety. While fleeing they yelled that they would find/kill me and they may have noticed what car I was walking toward/recorded the license plate.
>>
>>27933964

Not that easy m8, you need verified threats. No he said she said.
>>
feels so amazing to be in arizona and cc without a permit legally
>>
>>27933985
Get a friend to anonymously send you some threatening letters or messages on a burn phone
>>
File: 1445563403000.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1445563403000.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
>>27931900
First nice dubs op check em.
Next I'd say don't do it. It's not worth the risk of getting caught and losing your right to own firearms all together. If you can't get one issued because of the all too legitimate threat of terrorism then get a petition going and get enough people rasping hell about it and maybe that'll change. Yeah, it's dildos that you have to do this in the first place, but it's better to go through official channels to bring about change rather than just break the law no matter how stupid it is. Especially in the liberal shit hole that you're in bro.
>>
>>27931900
Can you think of any possible valid reasons, or give the parameters of a "valid" reason
>self defense isn't
Kill yourself, Maryland
>>
>>27933996
GA used to be nice like this. Could OC anything. Now OC ing a handgun requires a carry permit. I can March on the capital with a 50 cal on my back free and clear but not a 22 handgun. Though it's kind of moot cause I don't think cops are allowed to ask to see my permit nor do I have to let them know I'm carrying....
>>
>>27933985

Your state is fucking retarded.
>>
>>27934001
This. All you need to do is say some random black guy threatened you on your way home and stole your phone then called your house from that phone and threatened you saying he'd kill yo kraka ass if you ever walked down x street again. Sure it involves losing your current phone, but would you rather be able to carry or keep an iphone?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (19 KB, 232x256) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
19 KB, 232x256
>>27931900
The guy if he shot the pistol would of missed and made himself a target.
>>
>>27934066

It would have hit, just slightly higher
>>
>>27934066

He was shooting center mass. He probably would have hit, even if the sights were off.
>>
>>27931900
Im in Massachusetts. Very strict gun laws, and is also a "May issue" state.

For my application, I was instructed by my gun teacher to write:

"For personal protection in and out of the house, and for sport target"

If they ask what "sport target" means, you tell them:

"I have all intentions of joining a club to learn to become proficient with my firearm and to further my knowledge on handgun safety"
>>
>>27934066
>would of

Don't own guns. Seriously.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.