[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: photo154257590592844161.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
photo154257590592844161.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
What are some effective methods of torture? A hot coat hanger up the ass? Spike bat to nuts on a dresser?
>>
>>27930274
Being married to your mother and having you for a daughter
>>
>>27930274
NTR
>>
Sew your asshole shut and keep feeding you and feeding you
>>
>>27930274
Op chan is cancer
You're a dirty little edgelord
Torture doesn't work
>>
File: 001.jpg (39 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
39 KB, 320x320
>>27930274
>>27930303
Top reference
>>
>>27930274
For Americans:

Simple starvation, while sitting in a semi-submerged bamboo cage.

At least I would do that. And look at McCain, he's still brain damaged today.
>>
>>27930274
a hot meal, a cold beverage to wash it down and a photo of the interviewee's significant other/children/family would be far more effective in starting the conversation.
>>
Torture for being edgy cruel and spreading mortal fear amongs the enemy? Yes, it works great.

Torture for extracting useful information?
No, it doesnt work.
>>
>>27930274
>effective methods of torture
By effective do you mean painful or do you mean capable of retrieving information?

You must be aware of the "torture never works" argument. In fact, it works, but only if you are:
1. Inquiring about specific info (e.g. hostage location)
2. Able to verify the reliability of the info and come back to the tortured guy in case he cheated you.

If it is a one go and you are asking general stuff, torture will most likely lead to false info provided by a dude who gets crazy about avoiding pain at all costs.

In this latter scenario, when you don't verify what he says immediately and you don't ask specific questions, you will be literally flooded by information... except none of that is actual intelligence, but bullshit made up to appease you... and not just that: it will give you an impression of success and will trigger confirmation bias on the fact torture does actually work.

As I said, indeed it works, but only if you meet two requirements:
1. You ask specific questions.
2. You are able to verify them and confront your victim with the results.
>>
Clip teeth with big nail clippers
>>
File: anticipation for nothing jpg.jpg (2 MB, 2086x2126) Image search: [Google]
anticipation for nothing jpg.jpg
2 MB, 2086x2126
>>27930314
>Op chan is cancer
Wow shit taste desu
>>
>>27930529
Same guy here.

Basically, what I am saying is that advanced interrogation is more about establishing a cycle of feedback than using effective torture methods.

In most scenarios, best intelligence has been acquired by playing people against each other, or by threats (rather than actual pain). If you are ready to inflict pain, not only this should be your worst case scenario (when all other methods have failed), but it will be useless if you are running out of time or are pressed to produce results.

Unless, of course, you just need to show fake results to your boss to prove you are doing "something".

Again, let me restate: advanced interrogation techniques are more effective the more you are able to control the feedback on the info received.

Being too concerned about how to retrieve information from a tortured individual is equal to misunderstanding the way human brain and society work.
>>
>>27930274
marriage to a cunt
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 249x250
>>27930282
>>27930626
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.