[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a legit way to hold / carry a pistol if shit ever went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 400x600
Is this a legit way to hold / carry a pistol if shit ever went down. I don't really see any practical value to this.

General qtddtot
>>
Sol position is better and safer
>>
>>27929708
only viable if you're trying to look real tactiqueer for the camera. so, no.
>>
What is with all the fucking autistic retards today?

>durr is it ok to hold a gun like this

Wow, maybe a situation arises where there is something in front of you at chest level, so you don't want your gun pointing down at it

>>27929718
>but muh sol position

Its almost like, you adapt to the situation you are in or something
>>
>>27929708
>bystanders lying on ground and don't want to accidentally shoot one
>riding in inflatable boat and don't want to accidentally start swimming instead
>if trying to push through a crowd of sheep stampeding away, muzzle up is easier to fight off a potential grab attempt
>also doesn't have the chance of sweeping people extremely close to you like Sul might.
>>
>>27929746
>Its almost like, you adapt to the situation you are in or something

nine times out of ten muzzle down is gonna be better than muzzle up but you aren't wrong.
>>
>>27929708
>Children running around
>Wounded people laying on the floor
>On a watercraft
>Standing on a platform or roof above a crowded place
>Easier to get your gun into action of you are in a stack
>>
>>27929708
No
That is called the, " high ready"
It's unsafe
>>
Good enough for Charlie’s Angels
Good enough for OP
>>
>>27929708
What kind of pistol is that
>>
File: gsg9.jpg (154 KB, 1000x686) Image search: [Google]
gsg9.jpg
154 KB, 1000x686
This may be a stupid one but are the visors on these helmets bullet proof?

If they are, why isnt this sort of (or similar) face protection carried by soldiers? Is it really so heavy as to forfit on the highly decreased chance of death by being shot in the face?
>>
>>27931171
I think they have IIIA protection.
>>
>>27930818
Giant turd in the form of an M&P VTAC
>>
>>27931171
It might stop low caliber pistol rounds or shrapnel, it won't stop rifle rounds

Soldiers don't wear bullet proof face plates because the amount of bullet proof glass needed to stop a rifle round would make the helmet so heavy that they wouldn't be able to run without falling over or even keep their heads up for very long
>>
>>27931171
>>27931188
There's a program in the U.S. military (and probably a few others) to modernize the combat helmet. so far all ideas have failed to meet the expected requirements.
>>
>>27931188
thx!
>>
any of you guys find any decent black friday deals for guns? also cheapest place to find guns?
>>
>>27931215
What are the expectations?
>>
>>27929718
>Sul
>Not knowing why Sul exists.

Low, or high ready, or in the holster.

http://blog.cuttingedgetraining.org/post/Why-Do-We-Teach-e2809cSule2809d-Position.aspx
>>
If I buy a sbr upper online, do I need to have the paperwork already completed for it, or do I just need to have it done before attaching it to the lower when I take it shooting?
>>
>>27931456
You're committing a felony by possessing it unless you already have paperwork approved in hand or installed it on an AR pistol lower.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>27931480
>Committing a felony for owning a barrel
>>
File: STOP.jpg (416 KB, 3662x3525) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
416 KB, 3662x3525
>>27931480
stop
>>
>>27930672
High ready is just as unsafe as low ready if you don't train your weapon discipline. Both positions are useful for various situations. At the end of the day, they're both just tools in a tool bag waiting to be used when needed.
>>
>>27931549
>>27931480
and I just forgot I wasn't in the Canada thread

another drink lads
>>
>>27931480
>completly illegal and hughly regulated

But i can order it online and ship straight to my house with no paperwork or anything. Your dumb and the laws for this are also dumb
>>
>>27931520
>>27931522
So I can buy it and have it shipped to my house, then once I'm ready to attach it to the lower, that's when the paperwork is needed to be complete?
>>
>>27931251
Pretty unreal (and dumb) desu.
>stop 7.62x51 tungsten-core AP at 20 feet or lead-core .50bmg at 200m (so >ESAPI/=XSAPI protection)
>weigh less than 3 pounds
>integrated IIIA nape guard without it actually interfering in anything while covering more than the current addon IIIA nape guard that interferes with everything
>ability to wear MSR Sordins under helmet with no interference, has to have cable-routing tiedowns so you pull your radio out of its pouch every time you turn your head because no command ever lets anyone have any slack in shit "because it might snag"
>"better" padding, though this is extremely vague. Gut feeling tells me "better"="fits with a high ponytail for da wimmenz even though ponytails of all forms are currently disallowed"
>integrated mounting points for an optional but co-developed lvl III visor that doesn't interfere with cheek weld and has no snag points so it's Airborne-certified without having to tape the shit out of it
>co-developed visor must weigh less than 2 pounds and as already stated be ~lvl III (stop 5.56x45/5.45x39 lead-core ball at 20 ft). Visor must cover full face because apparently fuck cheek welds, no limit on protrusion in front of face because it's about to be 2016 but apparently nobody ever has optics or uses NV/thermals
>helmet must cover more of head (to bottom of earlobe and to eyebrows) than ACH yet weigh less and restrict vision less (so literally impossible without a see-through helmet)

That being said, the ECH (enhanced combat helmet) is already being fielded on a trial basis.
>ESAPI protection
>exact same profile as ACH
>weighs less than a pound more than the ACH
The muhreens bought almost 4000 of them, the Army won't buy any til the Marines actually use it in combat and show that it isn't shit and actually worth the extra weight.
>>
>>27931605
Yes.

"constructive intent" is a vague and un-convictable law as a standalone and literally 100% of the people convicted under it had broken ATF laws elsewhere and got it slapped on as a rider fuck-you charge.

Don't put it on a rifle lower unless you have paperwork and you'll be fine.
>>
>>27931520
>>27931522
>>27931573
http://blog.princelaw.com/2009/09/01/florida-man-arrested-for-constructive-possession-of-an-sbr/
>>
>>27931605
I would keep them as far as possible from each other until you get the stamp from your form 1.
>>
>>27929708
my instructor chewed me off for pointing a rifle to the ground
he thought it's extremely unsafe cause of ricochets
>>
>>27931676
This case still does not make owning a barrel a felony. Great job.
>>27931653
This.
>>
>>27931676
Guy was acquitted and the judge ultimately ended up writing an opinion that can be summed up as
>ATF plz stop trying to make your own laws, you're retarded go home
Although much more eloquently and somewhat less inflammatory.
>>
>>27929708

That position is too easy to block by an assailant that comes at you by surprise. You won't be able to bring your weapon down if they stick an arm under yours. Holding your pistol down and close to the body is more difficult to block. If they put an arm over yours, you can still shoot them low in the torso.
>>
>>27929708
only if youre trying to be someone from resident evil 4/5/6/etc

if you get a ffl03 (c&r) can you buy c&r guns from brick and mortar stores without the background check or does it only work for buying online?
>>
>>27931246
>cheapest place to find guns?
auction

who made the early ak bayonets with aluminum scales for grips?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.