[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good war mini-series not made by HBO?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: japanese paypay.jpg (16 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
japanese paypay.jpg
16 KB, 276x276
What's a good war mini-series not made by HBO?
>>
File: 195060.jpg (54 KB, 304x380) Image search: [Google]
195060.jpg
54 KB, 304x380
Tour of Duty.
>>
>>27926153
2 many episodes f@m I like my series short and sweet; I re-watched generation kill + band of brothers over again and want to watch another series. I'd watch the Pacific again but it's gay
>>
>>27926143
Das Boot
>>
>>27926143
There's Generation War aka Our Mothers Our Fathers which you can find on Netflix which is basically Band of Brothers from a German perspective.
>>
>>27926143
There's also Our World War, which is a three episode World War I miniseries from a British perspective. Music is contemporary (not in universe), and there's simulated, modern day, overhead satellite imagery which is anachronistic I know but helps relate a bit with the characters and the overhead gives a perspective to the battles. All three stories are separate, I particularly like the third episode of the Battle of Amiens.
>>
I can't remember the name of it, but it's a three episode documentary on Netflix and it follows three different units in the British military (one episode follows guys on foot, one in trucks, and one in helicopters) and although it's a documentary and not actors or anything it was really good.

I want to say it was called Fighting on the Frontline but I'm not sure.
>>
>>27926587
This this this this this this
>>
>>27926615
There's only one episode on netflix and I've already seen it ;_;7

I prefer American based series or something on the Allied side at least
>>
File: dreyse.jpg (101 KB, 1684x700) Image search: [Google]
dreyse.jpg
101 KB, 1684x700
>>27926143
The Danish 1864 is fairly watchable. Loads of bullshit drama and a couple of historical inaccuracies but still interesting to see the Germans being the good guys for once that need to save the world from the insane Dane government(Danish people ofc dindu nuffin while German soldiers are ofc inherently evil as always)
>>
>>27926587
this
>>
Bluestone 42
>>
>>27926176
The first season of Tour of Duty is the only one that matters.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.