[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Type of Mauser?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
Can anyone help me identify this type of mauser? I was told it was a 7mm.
>>
>>
>>27926081
>>27926072
If you plan on buying it dont.
>>
>>
>>27926081
>>27926072
lets see more of the stamps on it. look on the top of the receiver.
>>
>>
>>27926103
>>
>>27926097
too late, it was 175
>>
Post-WW2 Czechoslovak copy of the German Karabiner 98k, made at CZ-Brno from 1945-195(3?). Called Vz.98N.
>>
What this rifle looks like is a sporterized CZ 8mm Mauser army rifle. CZ made them for the Czech army starting about 1924, and after Czechoslovakia was absorbed by Germany in 1939, they made them for the German army until 1945. They were strong, simple, well-made guns, and like most well-made Mausers, they had a good reputation for accuracy.

As far as being a good weapon, they are accurate and fire a powerful cartridge, but they are a bolt action with a five round magazine and therefore have a low rate of fire by today's standards. As a hunting rifle, it is powerful, but has some unpopular features, such as "controlled feeding" (you have to put a round in the magazine to load it; you cannot simply put one in the chamber) and the safety is rather slow to operate.

As regards value, it is a sporterized military rifle in fair condition. Being sporterized means collectors have no interest in it. That is especially true here, since the original sights have been completely removed. Being military surplus means that as a sporting rifle, it is strictly a low-budget, working gun, and 8mm Mauser is not as popular as .308, .30-06, or even 6.5mm Swede (AFAIK).

I don't know enough to suggest a price, but I very much doubt it would bring enough to buy a good .40 automatic pistol. There is a lot more demand for .40 pistols than for sporterized 8mm milsurp rifles, IMO.

All the above is my opinion, right off the top of my head, and I hope anyone who knows better will speak up

PS - Yes, I know that some sporterized military rifles are works of art by custom gunsmiths. This one, while decent, is not one of those.
>>
>>27926150
>>27926145
Thanks for the answers. Sorry if my next question is dumb but I just got into guns about 6 months ago. So is it a 7mm or 8mm?
>>
>>27926189
Hard to say.it should say "7.92 "somewhere around the receiver if its chambered for 8mm mauser.why did you buy a gun without any research?especially sporterized milsurp.dont say "because it was cheap"
>>
>>27926189
measure the barrel...
>>
>>27926235

Because I got ahead of myself when I saw the price tag. I know its foolish. I just told myself the power of the internet would solve all my problems
>>
>>27926124

Need a larger, clearer version of this. The receiver ring markings can be extremely important, because often the caliber is stamped there. Also, check the entire barrel for a caliber stamp or marking. Sometimes it's marked there, if the barrel was replaced later on.
>>
>>27926189
>>27926189
NEED MOAR PICTURES OF MARKINGS. DO NOT POST MOAR QUESTIONS WITHOUT MOAR PICTURES
>>
>>27926255
Well your shit out of luck becuas esporterized milsurp doesnt sell very well if you plan to do so.its sporterized so no collector will touch it with a ten foot pole,its in an oddball caliber hardly anyone produces anymore,so fudds wont take any interest.
>>
>>27926288
this is the only other marking on the gun.
>>
>>27926072
1. this is not sporterized, there is still wood on top of the barrel (some of which might have been broken off) and no where to mount sights. the post that says it is, is copied from a fourm post word for word.

2. googling the markings on the side bring up the following wiki article:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CENSORED.SO.YOU.CAN.LRN2GLGE

3. search all the markings onthe rifle here: mauser98k.internetdsl.pl/kodyen.html
>>
File: 1447913686548.jpg (126 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1447913686548.jpg
126 KB, 540x960
>>27926364
>>
>>27926381
>>
Sporterized Czech post war K98. They made K98's for Germany under the factory code DOT during the war so they had lots of spare parts and the machining after the war.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.