[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When would you actually fire with your carry pistol? Hi, I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: ccw-newjpg-babf66e674fdc368.jpg (44 KB, 512x324) Image search: [Google]
ccw-newjpg-babf66e674fdc368.jpg
44 KB, 512x324
When would you actually fire with your carry pistol?

Hi, I was thinking of getting a CCW and carrying, but I'm not sure if I see the point.

If I get mugged, my instinct is that it's safer to give him my wallet rather than to either draw or fire, which would both risk me getting shot.

I can't think of any other time I would feel in danger. Help set me straight please.
>>
>>27924145
It's your personal choice and preference. If you really feel safer just giving thieves, robbers, muggers, and the occasional rapist what they want then just do that.
>>
>>27924145
Well if they want the wallet give them the wallet. If they want your life give them lead
>>
>>27924145
A lot of /k/ posters will say "just shoot him! slot the floppy!" but in practice it just depends on the situation. I'd rather lose my wallet than get into a gun fight anyday, armed or otherwise. Then again, if I let him approach to take it he might start searching me down and take the gun or he might try to kill me anyway just because. In those cases I'd pretty much have to shoot, though in all others having the gun merely gives you the option but it doesn't make it a good idea per se.
>>
Any CHL class will teach you when it's appropriate to use deadly force. Pretty sure ~50% or more of my CHL course (Texas) was all about non-violent conflict resolution (i.e., avoiding dangerous neighborhoods in the first place, using words to diffuse the situation, swallowing your ego).

Also, if you really want some deadly force scenario training, sign up for a local live fire/simunition training course
>>
>>27924145

Sure, many muggings end peacefully once you hand over your wallet. But not always. In some instances, at knifepoint, the mugger will take you back to your car and force you to drive to the ATM to withdraw more cash. Now what do you do? Then, he forces you to drive to the middle of nowhere, where you might either be let go, or have your throat slit and car stolen.

Carrying a gun doesn't mean you have to use it, it's simply another option that you otherwise wouldn't have. In the case where a mugger tries to force you somewhere else, that's when I would shoot him. Historically, muggings that involve kidnapping usually end in murder of the victim.
>>
>>27924145
Not able to CCW due to living in Ausfalia, but I if I could I would.

I would only fire if I thought there was a reasonable prospect that this person was actually going to hurt me or my family. If its just me in the city and some strung out druggie wants some money and has a knife, ill just give it to him.

If he wants me wallet and looks like he is going to stab me regardless or wants to cause my family harm then shoot.

I actually want CCW here less for me and more for my wife, not many people try to rob, rape and murder a 100Kg 185cm tall bloke. (220 pounds 6 ft 2 for you users of inferior imperial measurement system).

I would say that given my size I am going to be more reluctant to use force since any threat is somewhat less dangerous. For my wife she would be leaning more towards shoot, plenty of opportunistic robberies turn into rape, murders for women.
>>
>>27924274
Just puch some air holes in lid of jar, throw some food and moist pad for water and catch one of your many deadly poisonous spiders in there.
If guy wants your life, you hurl the spider jar at him, breaking on contact.
>>
>>27924192
wow you are stupid beyond belief
>>
Berrypicker as fuck desu senpai
>>
>>27924145
>When would you actually fire with your carry pistol?
When I won't go to jail for doing and also not feel guilty for wrongly killing someone.
When it is appropriate, such as in defense of my person or home.

>If I get mugged, my instinct is that it's safer to give him my wallet rather than to either draw or fire, which would both risk me getting shot.
Quite possibly the case. A gun isn't just for maximize personal safety, that often may be the effect but a gun is more about you being a stand up guy, righteous, preserving the social accountability of the population and generally be an individual of responsibility and ownership.
>>
File: M-HPooh.jpg (85 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
M-HPooh.jpg
85 KB, 400x550
>>27924463
Oh and far as using your gun, it was said best in an Outkast song,
>"don't pull your thang out unless you plan to bang, don't even bang unless you plan to hit somethang"
Words to live by anon.

Other quotes to live by
>Shoot them in the head, they may flop around a little but they won't get back up.
>Better dead than red.
>God damn dirty fucking liberals.
>I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

and sometimes it helps to gather strength before a confrontation by listening to some intense operator music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUOmEsUPPl4
>
>>
>being mugged
BANG BANG BANG
>carjacked
BANG BANG BANG
>home invasion
BANG BANG BANG
>assaulted
BANG BANG BANG
>>
>>27924552
That fucking breakdown at the 2 minute mark
>>
File: 24.jpg (36 KB, 600x377) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
36 KB, 600x377
>>27924562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCRWh9BqmAw
>>
>>27924145
There's something to be said for carrying a concealed weapon as a deterrent. I've both heard of and personally experienced situations that have been resolved by firearms being drawn but not fired.
>>
>>27924145

Ever notice why muggers are always black (or arab in Europe) and the victims are always white? It's because it's a racist attack. Muggers don't actually care about your money, they don't need it, they earn more than you do with their welfare and crack money. The mugging part is just an excuse to justify a racist, anti-white attack. And if they get caught by the police they will be prosecuted for that reason, not for a racially motivated assault.
It's not a matter of defending your property, it's a matter of defending your life, even if you give them what they ask, what they truly want is to fuck you up because you are white. Get it through your head
>>
>>27924195
A CHL class will not. Yours did. Mine did not. This falsifies your statement. Merely a fact. Please, take offense.
>>
Why does that Michigan CPL have a Maricopa County, Arizona seal on it?
>>
>>27926877
Arizona is a constitutional carry state so a seal from any county in Arizona makes any states cpl/ccw a legal permit by virtue of federal governing.
>>
I think we can all agree that

A. Your life isn't worth dying over the $50 in your wallet

B. Neither is the life of your mugger

However, who is to say all they want is your wallet? You are assuming the guy wanting your wallet is a reasonable person, like you. If he is desperate enough to pull a knife or a gun on someone, he has made it clear (in my mind) that he doesn't value my life like reasonable people would value my life (or his own even). Whether its mental illness, to feed a powerful drug addiction, or just plan malice-- You do not know what they are going to do, nor do you have time to find out.

Same goes for home intruders, you can go find any number of accounts of robberies turning into rapes, and rapes turning into murders. Look at the (was it a state senator? something like that, I think from Connecticut? Some New England state anyway) who's wife and daughter were raped and murdered in a home invasion.

TLDR; Do I want to shoot someone? No. But someone mugging me/breaking into my home etc. has made it clear to me they do not value my life the way reasonable people would. Don't give criminals too much credit where it is not due.
>>
>>27925321
/pol/ go home pls.
If you get mugged by a black guy it's not solely because you're white. I don't think I should have to explain to you why poor people with a shitty culture and upbringing turn to crime. I consider myself to be pretty damn racist and I still understand that.
I do however agree with you on one point. If someone is mugging you, shoot them.
>>
>>27926961
>A. Your life isn't worth dying over the $50 in your wallet
Strongly agree.
>B. Neither is the life of your mugger
Strongly disagree.

I work for my money. It's mine, not his. Even if I somehow had absolute 100% certainty that all he wanted was my money and there was no possible chance he was actually going to use the weapon he was holding, I would still use lethal force.

Criminals only understand shows of force and violence. That is why they are criminals to begin with.
>>
>>27926961
Also, for what it is worth-- not every life or death situation has to do with mugging and home invasions. There are literally random acts of violence that occur for no reason other than you simply being there for them to happen.

Dad's friend was getting gas outside of Detroit when he got the squeegee out to clean his window. As he was preoccupied cleaning his window, a guy ran up on him from beyond the lights of the gas station (there were a few other cars there even! This was around 8pm) and stabbed him in the shoulder. My Dad's buddy was able to turn as the guy was pulling back for another go, and stuck the squeegee in his neck to push him away. As he was getting pushed back with the squeegee, he got backed into one of those upside down-U things that keep people from running in to the pumps. He fell over it, and that bought my Dads friend enough time to get his gun out and shoot the guy. This was around the year 2000.
>>
>>27927001
"I haven't read the rest of the post" the post
>>
>>27927001
I think you misunderstand me, or maybe I just wasn't as clear as I thought I was being.

I was trying to make the point that we as reasonable people value life of anyone more than the money in out wallets. Right? But that valuation goes away when we are facing unreasonable people--- you get what I mean?

And if your answer is still the same, then thats fine. I disagree, but thats fine. We can both agree on using lethal force in what could be argued as "over $50" even if the motivation is somewhat different, though the end result is not.
>>
>>27927010
No, I read it, it was fine and all.

I'm just making the distinction of still shooting him even if I magically knew he's actually harmless. The fact that I don't know that means I'm still shooting him.

Basically, I'm shooting him.
>>
>>27924145
>When would you actually fire with your carry pistol?
If my life was in immediate danger, and I couldn't easily retreat, or if someone else was in immediate danger and I could safely shoot the attacker.
>>
having a pistol and not having want does not make the difference of wanting to kill the mugger or let that piece of shit have all your cash .I would crowbar the fucker if i had one .What makes you go into a total bloodrage is not the weapon you hold , its the smell of your enemy's pussiness.
>>
>>27924274
>100kg 185cm
As somebody around the same height but 10 kg lighter, you're a fatcunt m8

I too want CCW though, although knowing Ausfalia there'd be a million hoops to jump through and it'd probably onyl be allowed a single shot derringer.
>>
>>27924562
I DONT WANT TO KNOW YOUR NAME, ALL I WANT, BANG BANG BANG
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.