[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you sell guns that you both don't shoot, and really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: wtf.png (44 KB, 299x251) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
44 KB, 299x251
Would you sell guns that you both don't shoot, and really can't afford to shoot?

I have about ten guns. And about 9 of them are safe queens. The only gun that isn't, my Browning Citori which I shoot trap with every week is the only one that gets any use.

I really don't shoot my other guns for three reasons.

A. I have no use for them. Like my pump and single shot shotguns. I don't shoot clays with them. And there's no reason to bring them down to the rifle range.

B. I can't afford to shoot them. I'm on a students budget. I work, but I don't make a whole lot of money. Although I live frugally and budget well, my entire ammo budget goes into shotgun shells. And even .22, with it being like $40 a brick is prohibitively expensive.

C. I'm just bored with rifle shooting these days, shooting the same steel targets and punching paper just doesn't do much for me anymore.,

The thing is, I don't mind having safe queens. I think I like collecting guns more than I like shooting them. I really want several different versions of some of the guns I already own, even if they won't do much.
>>
Fuck no. There is absolutely no reason to sell your guns unless you are in a truly destitute, desperate situation.

You will regret it.
>>
Why dont you fuck yourself?
>>
>>27923509
>Would you sell guns that you both don't shoot, and really can't afford to shoot?

well as you get older you will answer this question most likely - yes sell them

you can carry those guns for awhile in your safe and get some emo satisfaction from that

but you can't take those guns with you after you're dead - so either you sell them now and get some $$ or your estate will either destroy them or sell them for peanuts
>>
File: ad.jpg (122 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ad.jpg
122 KB, 600x450
>>27923809
>not passing them on though future generations
>>
>>27923831

ya that works for people with kids or relatives into guns

not me :(
>>
>>27923509
From a theoretical, /k/-esque perspective, no, never. From a more practical standpoint yes. Guns are ultimately just tools. Like that motorcycle or pony car you used to tear up the streets with, priorities will change. Noone LIKES to sell their toys, so it's important to keep a rational outlook. I still feel bad sometimes about trading away my first raifu: a blonde little SKS-M. Beautiful, rare gun. But it didn't do what I wanted it to, and I had neither the experience to fix it up, nor the money to keep novelty guns. So I traded it for a Winchester model 94, made in a bad year. But the levergun was going to be my introduction into hunting and reloading, and it turned out to be a tack driver.

TLDR: look at it objectively. If you really want to keep it, and can afford to, don't sell. If you need the money and you just can't justify holding on to it, sell.
>>
>>27923509
>I think I like collecting guns more than I like shooting them
That's me too. I have 8 or 9 guns plus a pellet rifle that I take places most often just so I have options, but still don't go through much ammo most of the time even though I buy and stock ammo as-if I shoot a lot. It's getting a bit insane how much that stack must weigh, it'd probably fall through a floor if I stacked the crates because it'd probably make it to the ceiling. Then I have another 8 or so guns that don't see much use.
But I'd really never want to sell one of them unless forced. If you are anything like me, you feel a connection to each of them and it'd hurt forever. Not as bad as losing a family member, but more like losing a good pet.
If I were you, I'd just hang on to what you've got and build from there once you've shed your poorfag student skin and have money.
You're already doing the shotgun thing, so I'd just keep spending your gun money there. Shooting clays is tons of fun.
>>
Some things make better wall hangers than actual guns, even if I would love to be able to shoot them like a madman. Some uncommon guns, if something fucks up, you'd have an impossible time getting parts, and I wouldn't wanna take that risk.
>>
i also like to collect. the thing is, i think you should sell guns if it enables you to buy more desired guns.
>mfw bought an arisaka and ammo and still havent shot it yet (or even really thought about it)
>>
Nah, im the same way
More guns than birthdays.

Better to have them sitting around than to sell them and regret it later. Storage doesnt cost you anything.
>>
>>27923509

Dude if you like collecting guns, you'll regret selling them now. Unless you're super strapped for cash and can't make rent, I'd hang on to them. once you get out of college and start making money again, you'll be able to shoot more, and who knows, you might have a regained interest in it.

Tl;dr: wait until you're out of school for a few years before you decide to sell anything
>>
>>27923509
Keep rare/milsurp stuff, it will only appreciate in value

Sell common guns

If you are a student, you probably don't want to take the time to mess with reloading.

Consider putting the money from your sales (provided there aren't other priorities for you) into building an AR, from what you said I think you would find it a lot of fun. Also you can sell it at huge markup to tinfoils next time Obama takes an oral dump into the media
>>
>>27923809
>or your estate will either destroy them or sell them for peanuts
nothing worse than a senile grandmother selling the shotgun that your grandfather left to you
>>
I've sold maybe 12-15 guns, don't feel like listing them all, but they were all common fare. Mostly pistols, a couple shotguns, couple rifles. Sometimes because of financials, usually because I replaced it with a similar gun and no longer had a use for the old one, or just lost interest in it. The only one I regret selling was a 9mm P239 Tactical, that gun was CCW perfected, and I was scary accurate with it. I had the trigger exactly how I wanted it; still kicking myself over that sale 5 years later. I kinda wish I still had my S&W 686 6", it was fun as hell, but prohibitively expensive to shoot at the time.

If the guns have no sentimental value and little/no practical value, there's absolutely no reason not to sell them and use the proceeds towards something more practical, like more ammo or a new gun. Maybe consider rounding out your collection with a fighting rifle & pistol. I'm down to a lightweight AR and a Glock 19, and I'm OK with it. I'm in school, so funds are limited. I'll be buying more after graduation, but probably not many guns. More likely to stockpile ammunition, buy quality accessories like suppressors and optics, and probably a few more Glocks.
>>
>>27923509
Nothing wrong with a collection, but if you have random guns just because you are probably better off selling them and using the money for ammo of the guns you do use.

t. a guy who used to own a lot more guns than he does now and found the more guns he owned the less he actually went shooting
>>
>>27923509
I've got a bunch of pistols. Like them all but I feel the urge to downsize. But Then again a proper place to put em might change my mind
>>
Of the 60+ guns I have collected over the last 10 years I have sold sold 2. A Glock 23 which I used the money to buy a G19 and a CZ-75B Omega which I used the money to buy a G17.

Keep them. If you are in school then hopefully you are going for something that pays well once you get a solid career going.
>>
I bought an AR from WalMart when they were selling them for 250$ . Figured it was a steal from their usual 700$ price. ammo is a bitch though and I gain nothing from shooting the thing at the range so it just sits in the trunk of my car collecting soot. Sell your shit Op and use the money on something useful. You buy a gun to protect your money from robbers but it's the gun companies robbing you for false safety. All that money wasted
>>
>>27923831
>Not burying them with with you on a chariot like some ancient /k/eltic warlord to fuck with future archeologists.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.